Shoppers in England ordered to wear face coverings from July 24

webfact

1 hour ago, tribalfusion001 said:

More. I like the idea of being normal again with a "relaxed" badge in normal pubs, shops etc.

He does make some very points on the handling of this crisis by the UK government and what potentially is coming next.

So go on and wear one, the quickest and easiest way to 'normal' again.

• Confused 1

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Or listen to the experts in their field.

I have and many cant and dont agree either. Just like the "experts" on global warming, global freezing, sea level rises, peak oil, mass animal extinction, peak food production etc that peddled false data and were clearly wrong now time has passed ... Where are these then publicised experts now ? gone to ground again is where.  You wont hear about the ones that did not agree with Mainstream models ever because they are not the experts they want to promote but they are there aplenty if you can be bothered to look and so far have been proven right vs the "mainstreams fear-monger "experts" of the time or topic. 

Believing what the trotted out "experts" say has never proven any correct, why would I blindly believe the same narrative now ? Ive done my research and given what we know about the coronavirus family, creating a reliable and safe vaccine for any one of them to date has ended in utter failure bar none. I have concluded herd immunity is by far the most practical and likely outcome. This is also what I believe has been the UK position since the start, they just cant tell the population that since governments only remain effective staying popular, and im fine with that strategy. I just wont be taking part in the mandatory charade. 

Wearing a mask two weeks from now is about letting it spread out in a controlled manner, not preventing it. Even my mother of 94 has worked that out. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

More. I like the idea of being normal again with a "relaxed" badge in normal pubs, shops etc.

He does make some very points on the handling of this crisis by the UK government and what potentially is coming next.

I agree with Hitchins, the economic tsunami about to hit the world (predicted for the autumn) will be devastating.

A huge amount of people will find their savings and jobs gone, with no chance of future employment.

Landlords will be faced with renters that can no longer pay, and banks will be holding mortgages that can't be repaid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, englishoak said:

I have and many cant and dont agree either. Just like the "experts" on global warming, global freezing, sea level rises, peak oil, mass animal extinction, peak food production etc that peddled false data and were clearly wrong now time has passed ... Where are these then publicised experts now ? gone to ground again is where.  You wont hear about the ones that did not agree with Mainstream models ever because they are not the experts they want to promote but they are there aplenty if you can be bothered to look and so far have been proven right vs the "mainstreams fear-monger "experts" of the time or topic. 

Believing what the trotted out "experts" say has never proven any correct, why would I blindly believe the same narrative now ? Ive done my research and given what we know about the coronavirus family, creating a reliable and safe vaccine for any one of them to date has ended in utter failure bar none. I have concluded herd immunity is by far the most practical and likely outcome. This is also what I believe has been the UK position since the start, they just cant tell the population that since governments only remain effective staying popular, and im fine with that strategy. I just wont be taking part in the mandatory charade. 

Wearing a mask two weeks from now is about letting it spread out in a controlled manner, not preventing it. Even my mother of 94 has worked that out. 

Or you can believe in conspiracy theories.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Trillian said:

I wear a mask any time I go anywhere outside my home in Thailand, I do so to help protect others, which is the main reason medical staff also wear masks. When I look around me at other people in shopping centres or stores, some of whom are not masked, I think to myself, what selfish and inconsiderate people.

No need to wear a mask outside if no local transmissions.

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I agree with Hitchins, the economic tsunami about to hit the world (predicted for the autumn) will be devastating.

A huge amount of people will find their savings and jobs gone, with no chance of future employment.

Landlords will be faced with renters that can no longer pay, and banks will be holding mortgages that can't be repaid.

Hitchens does make some very good points, I've listened to quite a few of his interviews recently. He is not only one predicting economic crash coming.

The UK govennment are just covering their own bums at present for the lockdown that wasn't necessary and trying to get out of the hole that they have dug. They are scared of a 2nd wave, but now realise that they need to get people back to work asap. Developments today are everyone will need to wear a mask in work as these empty offices need to filled pretty quickly as countless numbers of jobs depend on these offices being full of workers. I think the UK government will have a very hard job persuading employers and employees to leave the comfort of their own homes back to the offices.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8523707/Face-masks-worn-public-places-including-offices-workplaces.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

No need to wear a mask outside if no local transmissions.

How do we know there are no local transmissions, we are told daily by people on this forum that the Thai numbers are not true and that really there are many many unreported cases? And only this week an Egyptian soldier was found to have gone shopping in Rayong and later tested as positive. AND, the borders between Thailand and its neighbours are porous, there are literally thousands of people who are transiting back and forth between Myanmar and Thailand and bypassing the checkpoints. I work part time for an NGO/charity and I get to meet a lot of people from the rural villages and the mountains, I know for certain this back and forth traffic is taking place. So you say no local transmission, personally I wouldn't want to bet any money on that whatsoever.

• Like 1

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO that proves it's all BS. If it were actually necessary wouldn't it be from now?

Perhaps they think it needs time to get the message across to everyone before the police start fining people.

Just now, Trillian said:

Perhaps they think it needs time to get the message across to everyone before the police start fining people.

LOL. If that were so they could say start wearing now, but with a grace period before cops start fining people.

IMO it's all just backside covering BS.

Do they think Corona will only become infectious after the 24th?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Clearly there is a conspiracy of some sort happening.

I can't believe all the governments of the world trashed their economies for a disease that killed 0.00625% of the world population.

Agree. If it was so, they'd have to ban driving cars, drinking alcohol, flying, swimming and climbing ladders.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. If that were so they could say start wearing now, but with a grace period before cops start fining people.

IMO it's all just backside covering BS.

Do they think Corona will only become infectious after the 24th?

It's covering big bums. Residents of Blackburn have been told to wear them straight away as there is a spike in cases from the South Asian community, this is for one month initially. With the amount of testing that the UK is doing spikes will show up quickly, which means masks are not needed in areas with no spikes or non existent covid-19.

Anyway the government needs to focus on the economy and getting people back into offices plus using public transport. The empty buses going past and no morning/evening rush hour plus pubs/restaurants not busy either is not a good sign.

Edited by tribalfusion001

1 hour ago, Trillian said:

How do we know there are no local transmissions, we are told daily by people on this forum that the Thai numbers are not true and that really there are many many unreported cases? And only this week an Egyptian soldier was found to have gone shopping in Rayong and later tested as positive. AND, the borders between Thailand and its neighbours are porous, there are literally thousands of people who are transiting back and forth between Myanmar and Thailand and bypassing the checkpoints. I work part time for an NGO/charity and I get to meet a lot of people from the rural villages and the mountains, I know for certain this back and forth traffic is taking place. So you say no local transmission, personally I wouldn't want to bet any money on that whatsoever.

I don't know about the ‘NGO’ stuff ,but i can tell you that people are not sick where i am ( on the porous borders)

• Like 2