Shoppers in England ordered to wear face coverings from July 24

webfact

2 hours ago, englishoak said:

Until i see all police all gov council reps, bus drivers, station staff MPs and all manner of officials wearing one at all times,  all staff in all shops at all times enforced and law I do not see how this will work for just joe public.  

Im not wearing a mask while the till girl is breathing all over my shopping, or the station staff without or security guard at the shop door mask less telling people off without one

Try wearing one of those stupid paper ones for more than an hour rebreathing your own carbon dioxide, they do more harm than good, Seen 3 panic attacks/fainting on the tube in the last 2 weeks, every one was wearing a paper surgical mask. If  mask dosnt have a rebreather or valve and properly sealed they do little to stop small droplets along with large then they are worse than nothing. Wearing gloves is not required anymore though..... watch what they do and then what they say... it often contradicts, they would have us believe only now in 2020 do scientists understand the use and benefits of a mask re viruses, and its taken 4 months to do a complete reverse... .. utter rubbish.

They only say a face covering is required. not a mask, so a burka is fine, a crash helmet is now fine, a ski mask is fine, a scarf is fine... etc etc..

I will not be told what I must or must not wear, a yellow star and papers on demand will be next... Im  just not doing it nor complying with this law and I will wager it will not be enforceable. 

With an attitude like that, no wonder the place is in a mess. Its true the government could have done more but when faced with a selfish attitude like that.......

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:
30 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

And 96% or so had multiple exisiting medical conditions. A friend of mine in the pub told me last week he knew someone who died of covid-19, the person had terminal cancer.

So that’s where you get your ‘facts’.

Good point, I'll need to to check with Ron down the Legion to find out what he's heard on the grapevine......

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Why would a mask be 'the reverse'.

I disagree with your posts, simply because there is no logic in them. You don't like wearing masks, ok, but there is not one argument against, except 'i don't like it's.

Because the recovery in the UK's high streets is fragile at best, forcing people to wear masks along with other social distancing policies will drive more people online to shop. Shops go bust, people become unemployed, add to that working from home and the service industries that support the offices that are now empty along with empty buses and trains, it's failed policies from the government.

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

And 96% or so had multiple exisiting medical conditions. A friend of mine in the pub told me last week he knew someone who died of covid-19, the person had terminal cancer.

heard a similar story off a mate i grew up with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Because the recovery in the UK's high streets is fragile at best, forcing people to wear masks along with other social distancing policies will drive more people online to shop. Shops go bust, people become unemployed, add to that working from home and the service industries that support the offices that are now empty along with empty buses and trains, it's failed policies from the government.

We're not talking about a lockdown. Other countries mask wearing did not have any of those effects.

4 minutes ago, kingdong said:

heard a similar story off a mate i grew up with.

Thanks for illustrating the point made.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Going well over there isn't. What's the drop in GDP forecast for this year in Thailand -8.1% and more likely more than that.

Not just me, there is no reason to wear one with such low levels where I live. You can sit in a pub without one, but in shops you do, nonsense.

It’s going a whole lot better than in the UK.

I certainly wouldn’t swap, would you?!

• Like 1

Just now, stevenl said:

We're not talking about a lockdown. Other countries mask wearing did not have any of those effects.

Every country is different, Thailand has a problem with a massive loss of GDP, same as Spain, many countries will have problems. USA has problems with mask wearing and there it's political.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, sungod said:

With an attitude like that, no wonder the place is in a mess. Its true the government could have done more but when faced with a selfish attitude like that.......

Not playing one rule for me another for thee. You can call it selfish, I call it thinking for myself...global reset is going on right now and its using the excuse of this relatively mild virus, too bad if the sheep cant see it. 

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Wearing masks in a pub or restaurant is difficult because people are eating and drinking - there’s is not really any other option in those types of places which is why the distancing thing comes in a little more. 

Its different in a supermarket or on public transport etc - its a matter of doing what we can where we can and being reasonable without it taking over our lives so that when or if there is a ‘moment’ of exposure there is enough ‘herd protection’... i.e. enough ppl are wearing masks that even if some catch the virus, the spread doesn’t reach a ‘critical mass’.

Wearing a mask when in a public place, especially indoors is no major hardship.

There is very little distancing in pubs here, suppose to be no more than 2 households gathering, but that's out of the window already same as taking names for track n trace.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Which relates to wearing masks how?

I've run out of steam now, beers catching up 555. More lockdowns than masks, but all related isn't?

Thanks for the trophy, given you a trophy back.

Edited by tribalfusion001

Just now, tribalfusion001 said:

There is very little distancing in pubs here, suppose to be no more than 2 households gathering, but that's out of the window already same as taking names for track n trace.

Can’t argue with that. 

I arranged to meet up with a friend in a pub earlier today. A very quiet area of the UK, no cases. No one knows of any cases etc... I was a little reluctant to be in a pub to be honest. 

There was no track and trace, obviously more than 1 household, but people did keep their distance, it was a quiet countryside pub anyway. Come the weekend when the kids are out, I imaging the places are rammed, no social distancing, no track and trace - quite the farce. 

I’m sure the UK going for the Herd Immunity solution but avoiding any public mention of that to avoid potential press outrage. 

Whether herd immunity is a viable solution will only be known a year or two from now as the virus ebbs and flows, sweeps and spreads in pockets and bursts around the world over the next year. 

14 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

The whole point of a Pub is to mingle or Wine bars the same thing or its a restaurant  for drinks

They cant force someone to wear a mask if they have a respiratory condition,  mate is asthmatic, gets on the train every day for an hour cant take the mask as it sets him off so now deals with it. had a number of run ins with transport police and every time the result is the same, health condition cant enforce a thing. Plenty of people on public transport are finding out the same thing about paper masks, most I overhear complaining are often new mothers or with children, especially as it gets warmer. Not sure why that would be tbh but thats what i see and hear atm. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Can’t argue with that. 

I arranged to meet up with a friend in a pub earlier today. A very quiet area of the UK, no cases. No one knows of any cases etc... I was a little reluctant to be in a pub to be honest. 

There was no track and trace, obviously more than 1 household, but people did keep their distance, it was a quiet countryside pub anyway. Come the weekend when the kids are out, I imaging the places are rammed, no social distancing, no track and trace - quite the farce. 

I’m sure the UK going for the Herd Immunity solution but avoiding any public mention of that to avoid potential press outrage. 

Whether herd immunity is a viable solution will only be known a year or two from now as the virus ebbs and flows, sweeps and spreads in pockets and bursts around the world over the next year. 

I've been doing my own research in the local pubs, seeing the measures implemented and how they differ. I've tried six out over the last week, daytime and evening, only two have taken my name and all of them have mixed groups of more than two households in them. I was looking forward to a pub again, but it's not the same and most of my friends feel the same. A lot of them will go bust especially when the colder weather comes around and the beer gardens cannot be used as much.

The mistakes made in the response to covid-19 will hit the UK hard. Thailand were more reactive when I was there, but I think the measures need to be relaxed fully and that is their problem to deal with. There is no right response as it's uncharted territory, but mistakes will be costly and I think forcing masks in the UK is the wrong strategy. With that it's bedtime lol.

6 minutes ago, englishoak said:

The whole point of a Pub is to mingle or Wine bars the same thing or its a restaurant  for drinks

They cant force someone to wear a mask if they have a respiratory condition,  mate is asthmatic, gets on the train every day for an hour cant take the mask as it sets him off so now deals with it. had a number of run ins with transport police and every time the result is the same, health condition cant enforce a thing. Plenty of people on public transport are finding out the same thing about paper masks, most I overhear complaining are often new mothers or with children, especially as it gets warmer. Not sure why that would be tbh but thats what i see and hear atm. 

I suffer asthma, never had a problem with wearing a mask, but I do have a message for your ‘mate’.

Asthmatics are at a higher risk from this disease, wise up and wear a mask.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I suffer asthma, never had a problem with wearing a mask, but I do have a message for your ‘mate’.

Asthmatics are at a higher risk from this disease, wise up and wear a mask.

masks don,t stop you getting corona,they just help prevent you spreading it,( if you,ve got it )

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Wearing masks in a pub or restaurant is difficult because people are eating and drinking - there’s is not really any other option in those types of places which is why the distancing thing comes in a little more. 

Its different in a supermarket or on public transport etc - its a matter of doing what we can where we can and being reasonable without it taking over our lives so that when or if there is a ‘moment’ of exposure there is enough ‘herd protection’... i.e. enough ppl are wearing masks that even if some catch the virus, the spread doesn’t reach a ‘critical mass’.

Wearing a mask when in a public place, especially indoors is no major hardship.

In UK it'll be possible to wear one as an armband to successfully avoid a fine, such is the mickey mouse application of rules & regs there of late.