Shoppers in England ordered to wear face coverings from July 24

webfact

19 minutes ago, evadgib said:

In UK it'll be possible to wear one as an armband to successfully avoid a fine, such is the mickey mouse application of rules & regs there of late.

Once again, separate this government’s incompetence from the efficacy of face masks.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, englishoak said:

Not at all, asl any jew that remembers it or family of, its exactly how oppression starts, you need the rest of the population to aid the state and fear is the tool thats usually used. 

You need to re read my post, Im not complying with a stupid regulation while staff or officials do not, I will not be paying nor receiving any fines as I will not shop in a double standards environment.

It is not going to work in the UK, its as simple as that. 

It is already working in the UK - mandatory in Scotland and being enforced where necessary. 

9 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

It is already working in the UK - mandatory in Scotland and being enforced where necessary. 

Hardly relevant, Scotland has less a population than London in a landmass the size of England ... :coffee1: They are a lot more scared  though and so are the Welsh, Ill give you that. Mind you rural areas in general are far more bothered than urban, probably as in cities its impossible to isolate and soon get used to getting on with life than running scared of it. 

It was the same with the IRA bombings and the knife crimes now, Londoners just get on with it while those in the country coming to London often worry  if it were/is safe... cant go about life being scared of what if. 

Same thing about Thailand, our friends there happily all pile into a pick up or drive after drinking and many other things wed consider unsafe and more risky, yet all are scared stiff of coming to the UK atm... reality is not as the online hysteria paints, its really not. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, englishoak said:

Hardly relevant, Scotland has less a population than London in a landmass the size of England ... :coffee1: They are a lot more scared  though and so are the Welsh, Ill give you that. Mind you rural areas in general are far more bothered than urban, probably as in cities its impossible to isolate and soon get used to getting on with life than running scared of it. 

It was the same with the IRA bombings and the knife crimes now, Londoners just get on with it while those in the country coming to London often worry  if it were/is safe... cant go about life being scared of what if. 

Same thing about Thailand, our friends there happily all pile into a pick up or drive after drinking and many other things wed consider unsafe and more risky, yet all are scared stiff of coming to the UK atm... reality is not as the online hysteria paints, its really not. 

You wrote, "It is not going to work in the UK, its as simple as that." and I am pointing out that you are incorrect in that statement. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I suffer asthma, never had a problem with wearing a mask, but I do have a message for your ‘mate’.

Asthmatics are at a higher risk from this disease, wise up and wear a mask.

So because you have no problem everyone else must be the same ?  Boy your an ego all of your own making arnt you ?

Mate is well aware of the risks, and he suffers from hay fever but also has to work as self employed and dosnt get paid to hide at home, cant take a mask for long, so hey ho in to work he goes, risk and all. That thing that most people have to do called work in order to pay the bills tends to take precedence. 

I get why your running scared if your asthmatic but some of the world, like most, have to get on with life whatever it brings, warts n all. Dont presume your bubble is how life is or must/could be for others, its terribly arrogant to suppose so. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

You wrote, "It is not going to work in the UK, its as simple as that." and I am pointing out that you are incorrect in that statement. 

If you want to split hairs ok in Scotland's part of the UK it works,  governing a few million Scots spread out over the size of England is childs play compared.. and you know it. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, englishoak said:

Size of Scotlands entire police force approx 17,000 London Met alone approx 41,000.... your trolling needs more work. ???? 

It’s not my fault you don’t know the difference between ‘governing’ and ‘policing’ or, it seems anything about sentiments north of the border, let alone history.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

And 96% or so had multiple exisiting medical conditions. A friend of mine in the pub told me last week he knew someone who died of covid-19, the person had terminal cancer.

A mate in the pub.. you do know where you get your information. ????

A post and video from a conspiracy pseudoscience website has been removed:

UPDATED NOTICE TO MEMBERS POSTING ON THAIVISA AMID COVID-19 - 25 MARCH 2020

In addition to the guidelines posted below and those detailed in the Thaivisa forum rules and following the announcement that Thai government will invoke emergency powers in order to help deal with the COVID-19 situation in the country, Thaivisa requests members posting on the forum to abide by the following:

Do not post news or any form of content, including video, audio, images, social media posts that contains messages that may cause people to be afraid or intentionally distort information, causing misunderstanding during the COVID-19 pandemic.   

Any posts or topics which our moderation team deems to be scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed without warning. You may also be subject to a posting suspension or have your profile permanently suspended from the site. 

Thank you for your co-operation.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Cabinet Secretary Michael Gove - said on Sunday that wearing masks should be left instead to people's common sense.

very good advise/decision 555 ....similar to what the US did and look at their current situation,

7 hours ago, englishoak said:

Every person is full of viruses, anyone is capable of passing on something that could kill another without ever knowing it... anyways have been youve been  breathed over every day since birth,its what helps the immune system work...

Anxiety lowers the immune system too so try not to let things worry you..

Well, I guess I will have to bow to your obviously superior medical knowledge.

• Like 1

It's the difference between a collective and an individualistic society. Some people are gonna refuse to wear masks, just to be ornery. Yeah, I also blame WHO for giving out the wrong message when protective equipment was in short supply, and needed for front line staff. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to realise that masks cut down transmission. They should have just been honest about it, instead of giving out this message that masks are useless. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

why the 24th, why not from today? Makes no sense, but lots of things the UK gov., does and says make no sense. 

Exactly, the government have been useless from the start. The latest economic news is grim, just a 1.8% growth in May, non essential shops are struggling now and the pub rebound hasn't happened either. Bringing in masks in shops and mooted to be offices soon will lead to more online shopping and more working from home.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Exactly, the government have been useless from the start. The latest economic news is grim, just a 1.8% growth in May, non essential shops are struggling now and the pub rebound hasn't happened either. Bringing in masks in shops and mooted to be offices soon will lead to more online shopping and more working from home.

And less deaths.