Shoppers in England ordered to wear face coverings from July 24

webfact

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

People get flu and colds, we didn't mandate them before. So we might aswell wear masks to stop thoses viruses too, masks forever in public apart from in bars and restaurants.

Basically, the "new normal" is going to be just that. Fear controls, and an unseen, undetectable enemy  played out with irrational responses to confuse more works best. This is all about control and rolling out the future social control structure,  tech passports, hive mind control and moving into the new paradigm of no jobs, restricted business, basic income/provision and restricted movement will be the standard rather than the exception. 

This is just the first wave and opening salvo of a new form of war and global reordering, as you can already see, people will not even be allowed to suggest or talk about it, the mob will demand it, freedoms are going away very fast and most like on TV will cheer that on, until it comes for and affects their lives and loved ones by which time it will be too late. 

People can scoff all they like but im certain the future is going be very very bleak for most with a will. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, englishoak said:

Basically, the "new normal" is going to be just that. Fear controls, and an unseen, undetectable enemy  played out with irrational responses to confuse more works best. This is all about control and rolling out the future social control structure,  tech passports, hive mind control and moving into the new paradigm of no jobs, restricted business, basic income/provision and restricted movement will be the standard rather than the exception. 

This is just the first wave and opening salvo of a new form of war and global reordering, as you can already see, people will not even be allowed to suggest or talk about it, the mob will demand it, freedoms are going away very fast and most like on TV will cheer that on, until it comes for and affects their lives and loved ones by which time it will be too late. 

People can scoff all they like but im certain the future is going be very very bleak for most with a will. 

WOW - smoking some potent stuff there... :stoner:

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

WOW - smoking some potents stuff there... :stoner:

Exactly the response I expect from most. If you think this is all over a virus killing a few thousand your not paying any attention nor have the ability to reason, youve bought the coolaid as have most, no point wasting time on those already suckered in. 

Be and get prepared or dont, it bothers me not.

In 5 and 10 years time remember my prediction ????  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

People get flu and colds, we didn't mandate them before. So we might aswell wear masks to stop thoses viruses too, masks forever in public apart from in bars and restaurants.

Maybe thats a good idea. 

Covid-19 has already killed more people in half a year than the H1N1 Influenza outbreak did in 2009, and that is with draconian lockdown measures.

I don’t want to catch the Flu. I certainly don’t want to catch Covid-19 or be responsible for its spread - thus I’m ok with wearing a mask if that is what is required. I don’t like it, but wearing a mask is not really a hardship.

The only facet of this I’m unsure of is the possibility that we find ourselves on a planet where the Cold viruses, the Influenza virus and this SARS-CoV-2 Virus are temporarily eradicated such that we have lost any potential immunity to any of them and any new outbreak involves a virus which has evolved ahead of us. 

• Like 2

Maybe thats a good idea. 

Covid-19 has already killed more people in half a year than the H1N1 Influenza outbreak did in 2009, and that is with draconian lockdown measures.

I don’t want to catch the Flu. I certainly don’t want to catch Covid-19 or be responsible for its spread - thus I’m ok with wearing a mask if that is what is required. I don’t like it, but wearing a mask is not really a hardship.

The only facet of this I’m unsure of is the possibility that we find ourselves on a planet where the Cold viruses, the Influenza virus and this SARS-CoV-2 Virus are temporarily eradicated such that we have lost any potential immunity to any of them and any new outbreak involves a virus which has evolved ahead of us. 

Good for you, I'm out of it, had enough of this BS. I'll stick to online shopping and just going to the pub.

Your language speaks volumes to your bias. The virus has reportedly killed 573,000 people, thats a lot more than a ‘few’ thousand. 

The idea that this is some global conspiracy to rein us all in is preposterous....  But go ahead with your paranoid delusion and the self belief that you are ‘the enlightened one’. Life must be awful always trying to ‘fight the man’.... 

These idiotic theories dilute the genuine issues. 

Out of 7.8 billion, it's the size of a small city.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed... out of 7.8 billion people its 0.0073% of the world population which has died due to this virus. 

It doesn’t seem extreme. 

I wonder how many more would have died had the lockdown not taken place. Impossible to answer of course, however, lock down will have undoubtedly made a difference. 

The key issue is how much of a continued difference can be made as we (the planet) eases out of lockdown - continued isolation measures, washing and sanitising hands, wearing face mask etc all contributed to the prevention of spread of SARS-CoV-2...  

So, I’m ok with wearing face mask if it means the world can open up again and the economy can be kick-started. 

Just read this from The Guardian live feed that wearing of masks should only be relaxed once you have 1 infection out of 1 million people. Judging by the flare ups all over the world, that could be a very long time.

I think the answer to not having a lockdown would be the same amount of deaths, remember a large proportion of the deaths in the UK were the hospitals clearing out people to care homes who got infected there.

Kick starting economies will be very difficult if you keep on having lockdowns, local or national it has the same effect. A business cannot plan ahead if they could be locked down again. I'm afraid there is no easy solution to this apart from letting it run it's course whilst trying protect those who are vulnerable.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Just read this from The Guardian live feed that wearing of masks should only be relaxed once you have 1 infection out of 1 million people. Judging by the flare ups all over the world, that could be a very long time.

I think the answer to not having a lockdown would be the same amount of deaths, remember a large proportion of the deaths in the UK were the hospitals clearing out people to care homes who got infected there.

Kick starting economies will be very difficult if you keep on having lockdowns, local or national it has the same effect. A business cannot plan ahead if they could be locked down again. I'm afraid there is no easy solution to this apart from letting it run it's course whilst trying protect those who are vulnerable.

Let’s go with your ‘let it run it’s course without any lockdown’.

Mass infections, mass hospital admission, hospitals and the health service unable to cope, mass deaths.

You think that’s a scenario in which people are going to go out and spend money?

You are deluding yourself.

This disease and it’s economic impacts are going to with us until a vaccine is found.

• Like 1

More Red Meat from HMG for the Rhubarb Brigade:

The Government Actuary’s Department (GAD) continues to use its skills to support clients during the coronavirus pandemic.

Under the government’s Civil Service COVID redeployment programme, two people from GAD are using their analytical expertise to support the new NHS test and trace service. This ensures quick testing and helps facilitate fast identification of close recent contacts of people who’ve tested positive....

GAD helps with modelling and analysis in ‘test and trace’

20 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Maybe thats a good idea. 

I don’t want to catch the Flu. I certainly don’t want to catch Covid-19 or be responsible for its spread - thus I’m ok with wearing a mask if that is what is required.

What is hilarious is despite the entire human races history of evolution and natural immunity and adaptation people are now prepared to spend the rest of their lives wearing a mask because they are told to by their governments, what a joke people have become

15 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Your language speaks volumes to your bias. The virus has reportedly killed 573,000 people, thats a lot more than a ‘few’ thousand. 

The idea that this is some global conspiracy to rein us all in is preposterous....  But go ahead with your paranoid delusion and the self belief that you are ‘the enlightened one’. Life must be awful always trying to ‘fight the man’.... 

These idiotic theories dilute the genuine issues. 

You know nothing about me and see only what I wish you to. 

Virtue signalling about dead strangers affects me not, ive seen more than my share thanks. The truth is people die by the thousands every day, many tragically and the world does not care, the media pretends to but its simply used to control decent people, nothing more. A false picture of a dead child here, a crying woman with a background of destruction there... Jonny foreigner without a mask over there... all propaganda designed to initiate an emotional response leading to a desired goal. I dont care if your unable to grasp subtle tactics, you are not supposed to. 

You have no idea what my background is nor my profession but will say people never lose anything but gain much by being sceptical and engaging wide ranging research and intuition before coming to conclusions or making decisions.  Investigating all sides of history or any topic and having an adaptable strategy is far better than not. You use words like delusion, paranoia and idiotic, yet are unable to  consider your world view might not be as complete as you suppose, hubris is a poor master..  It dosnt bother me if your unable or unwilling to consider the worlds changing very fast, those that can, do and will. those that cant, will not. The sheeple like you are not my concern, only my family is so spare me your pity. Ive acted and very glad i did so. 

You dont fight the man directly, that would be a waste of time and foolish, better to engage with, watch, assess and go around or use the man. Hence why my Thai family are all in the UK, all have citizenship long since, well educated though not in the state system, own land in multiple global locations and mostly self sufficient, My family is safe and together,  healthy and fit and adapt well to most situations we are content and prepared.. UK or Thailand if it improves which is very unlikely. 

When the Thai gov raise the bar for foreigners, flips the table, makes health care mandatory for all and so expensive for over 70s, or mandates other changes and restrictions that are most certainly coming, staying will be impossible for most but whatever the future. I saw where Thailand was going more than two decades ago so prepared accordingly for my family. I am happy I did so. Life in Thailand is going to become increasingly difficult and hard for families of mixed nationality without a plan B. 

Good luck living in your version of the world and those hinging their hopes of staying in Thailand being practical, your going to need it. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Let’s go with your ‘let it run it’s course without any lockdown’.

Mass infections, mass hospital admission, hospitals and the health service unable to cope, mass deaths.

You think that’s a scenario in which people are going to go out and spend money?

You are deluding yourself.

This disease and it’s economic impacts are going to with us until a vaccine is found.

Could be a long time to a vaccine. So what is your solution?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Enjoy the pub while you can, a second lock down might finish what the supermarkets started.

Perhaps wearing a mask could be ‘marketed’ as doing your bit to ‘save the pubs’.

Just spent a few hours with a friend having a few pints of San Miguel in a Harvester, not busy, same as the local high street. Chatting about what a complete mess this is and how stupid it is to introduce masks in shops 4 months after the height of it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, englishoak said:

What is hilarious is despite the entire human races history of evolution and natural immunity and adaptation people are now prepared to spend the rest of their lives wearing a mask because they are told to by their governments, what a joke people have become

You know nothing about me and see only what I wish you to. 

Virtue signalling about dead strangers affects me not, ive seen more than my share thanks. The truth is people die by the thousands every day, many tragically and the world does not care, the media pretends to but its simply used to control decent people, nothing more. A false picture of a dead child here, a crying woman with a background of destruction there... Jonny foreigner without a mask over there... all propaganda designed to initiate an emotional response leading to a desired goal. I dont care if your unable to grasp subtle tactics, you are not supposed to. 

You have no idea what my background is nor my profession but will say people never lose anything but gain much by being sceptical and engaging wide ranging research and intuition before coming to conclusions or making decisions.  Investigating all sides of history or any topic and having an adaptable strategy is far better than not. You use words like delusion, paranoia and idiotic, yet are unable to  consider your world view might not be as complete as you suppose, hubris is a poor master..  It dosnt bother me if your unable or unwilling to consider the worlds changing very fast, those that can, do and will. those that cant, will not. The sheeple like you are not my concern, only my family is so spare me your pity. Ive acted and very glad i did so. 

You dont fight the man directly, that would be a waste of time and foolish, better to engage with, watch, assess and go around or use the man. Hence why my Thai family are all in the UK, all have citizenship long since, well educated though not in the state system, own land in multiple global locations and mostly self sufficient, My family is safe and together,  healthy and fit and adapt well to most situations we are content and prepared.. UK or Thailand if it improves which is very unlikely. 

When the Thai gov raise the bar for foreigners, flips the table, makes health care mandatory for all and so expensive for over 70s, or mandates other changes and restrictions that are most certainly coming, staying will be impossible for most but whatever the future. I saw where Thailand was going more than two decades ago so prepared accordingly for my family. I am happy I did so. Life in Thailand is going to become increasingly difficult and hard for families of mixed nationality without a plan B. 

Good luck living in your version of the world and those hinging their hopes of staying in Thailand being practical, your going to need it. 

Yawn... 

So are you going to ‘fight the man’ and protest your right not to wear a mask potentially upsetting others and placing others at risk, because you believe your version of events?

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yawn... 

So are you going to ‘fight the man’ and protest your right not to wear a mask potentially upsetting others and placing others at risk, because you believe your version of events?

This is Peter Hitchens today. A man who talks sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yawn... 

Told you already, 'fighting the man' is not required. Throwing others feelings about like some weapon of moral pressure has zero effect for I do not subscribe to the big society responsibility ideology.

End of the day we all interact with the world in our own version, the question is if you do your own thinking and make decisions or let others do it for you..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

This is Peter Hitchens today. A man who talks sense.

He is going to wear one, that man that you say makes sense.

His main point is, the government is confusing. He is right there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

He is going to wear one, that man that you say makes sense.

His main point is, the government is confusing. He is right there.

More. I like the idea of being normal again with a "relaxed" badge in normal pubs, shops etc.

He does make some very points on the handling of this crisis by the UK government and what potentially is coming next.

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

In the last 5 months I've been on the MRT, BTS, Chinatown in BKK for Chinese new year when it was packed with tens of 1000s, on a packed plane with 400 others coming back to the UK, sat in Hyde Park drinking with friends, been on the underground, sat in friends gardens drinking, mixing in pubs again now and countless shops. The only times I wore a mask were on the MRT/BTS and at airports coming back.

I wear a mask any time I go anywhere outside my home in Thailand, I do so to help protect others, which is the main reason medical staff also wear masks. When I look around me at other people in shopping centres or stores, some of whom are not masked, I think to myself, what selfish and inconsiderate people.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Good for you, I'm out of it, had enough of this BS. I'll stick to online shopping and just going to the pub.

So no change in lifestyle. Ive been shopping online for years.

3 hours ago, englishoak said:

Told you already, 'fighting the man' is not required. Throwing others feelings about like some weapon of moral pressure has zero effect for I do not subscribe to the big society responsibility ideology.

End of the day we all interact with the world in our own version, the question is if you do your own thinking and make decisions or let others do it for you..

Or listen to the experts in their field.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1