BANGKOK
webfact

California shuts down again as U.S. coronavirus crisis expands

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes. If you have the flu or a cold you are doing alot of people a favor by wearing a mask. It is considered common courtesy in some nations. 

And comparing a cold to Covid 19 is a bit like comparing a blister to smallpox. Or the Thai army to a real government. 

Not nearly as drastic a difference as you state 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's the democratic mob that put the Governor into office. I feel sorry for the minority in California that have to suffer his poor leadership.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

It's the democratic mob that put the Governor into office. I feel sorry for the minority in California that have to suffer his poor leadership.

And the Republicans are do gooder saints? As if both parties are not corrupt to the core. Thinking otherwise is sheer delusion. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

And the Republicans are do gooder saints? As if both parties are not corrupt to the core. Thinking otherwise is sheer delusion. 

i dont know much about us politics but i've been listening to brett weinstein who talks sense and is enlightening, apparently both major parties put the interests of their corporate backers well before the interests of the american people, looking at us society you can see that. just think about this; in a country the size of the us are trump and biden the best they can come up with to as leaders?

6 minutes ago, samsensam said:

i dont know much about us politics but i've been listening to brett weinstein who talks sense and is enlightening, apparently both major parties put the interests of their corporate backers well before the interests of the american people, looking at us society you can see that. just think about this; in a country the size of the us are trump and biden the best they can come up with to as leaders?

No. But noble people have little interest in the sewer of DC. From this point forward will only see mediocrity. 

Having said that, Biden is 100 times the man Trump is.  On every level imaginable. After Trump is unceremoniously dismissed in November, he will always be remembered as 44, not 45. The 44th worst in history. He is an abomination. 

• Sad 1

On 7/13/2020 at 7:48 PM, Tug said:

Sad but not surprising we should have remained shutdown for another 2 weeks in the beginning and none of this I’m not gonna wear a mask bs 

I agree, and I think the shut downs in the USA were half-ass.  It should have been stricter with all stores closed and only home delivery.  No protests allowed etc.  

Bars and restaurants were closed, but then people were jammed packed in stores fighting over toilet paper!

On 7/15/2020 at 1:02 AM, spidermike007 said:

Yes. If you have the flu or a cold you are doing alot of people a favor by wearing a mask. It is considered common courtesy in some nations. 

And comparing a cold to Covid 19 is a bit like comparing a blister to smallpox. Or the Thai army to a real government. 

That's when a mask is a good idea- when someone is sneezing and coughing.

Wonder how the Terminator would have handled this as governor?

8 hours ago, ericthai said:

It should have been stricter with all stores closed and only home delivery.

Spoken by someone that apparently thinks everyone lives in a city. Home delivery when home is 30 miles from the nearest supermarket?

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Spoken by someone that apparently thinks everyone lives in a city. Home delivery when home is 30 miles from the nearest supermarket?

And also likely spoken by someone collecting a nice, fat pension. For people with little money in savings and no salary, not much of an alternative. 

So far, nearly all the people advocating lockdown are those with a nice monthly income or the rich folks who are nearly untouched by all of this. 

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

And also likely spoken by someone collecting a nice, fat pension. For people with little money in savings and no salary, not much of an alternative. 

So far, nearly all the people advocating lockdown are those with a nice monthly income or the rich folks who are nearly untouched by all of this. 

I wish I was collecting a nice fat check, this shut down killed me lost 70% of my income! 

Where is it I'm advocating a shut down?? I said the USA did a half ass job at shutting down. 

13 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You're right didn't think about remote places, but I'm sure they still can buy online. I buy stuff for delivery all the (laundry soap, food products etc) But hey, I'm not an expert I just dont think the USA handle this properly.