Jump to content
BANGKOK
giddyup

Is Jomtien Immigration quiet at the moment?

Recommended Posts

Thought I might renew my retirement extension a couple of weeks early today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be fairly quiet. It should be empty by rights as there haven't been any new arrivals in months and those on tourist visas are still OK for another couple of weeks.
Probably a small group of people also looking to do their extensions or get Residence Certificates and the like. I went in the last week of May and it took a total of 12 minutes (over 2 days) to do my Extension, Multi Re-entry permit and 90 Day report.
Smooth as silk !

Better to go early than wait until the end of the month when it probably will be jam packed for days (unless they announce another "amnesty" of course).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

went yesterday for extension, there wre few ppl but i had 1 queue wait, go now then before end of month

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know 90 days are a breeze but mine is due at the end of the month and as pointed out above I'll be going a few days early to be on the safe side if the visa amnesty isn't extended or it requires a further month extension payment and the place gets mobbed. 

 

I wonder how many are still here in Pattaya under the existing amnesty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Jomtien was quite busy this morning, there were 5 ahead of me waiting to do extensions, so nearly an hours wait, and they still give you that letter to return in 90 days with updated bankbook, more copies of passport etc.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What time did you get there ?

And the hour's wait, is that from the time you arrived or from the time you sat in front of the desk ?

Which reminds me, tomorrow Jomtien is supposed to go "live" on the QueQ app. I'll try to remember to check it out and see if it's working and what it can be used for. If it works, then maybe next time you won't have to wait around as long !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kerryd said:

What time did you get there ?

And the hour's wait, is that from the time you arrived or from the time you sat in front of the desk ?

Which reminds me, tomorrow Jomtien is supposed to go "live" on the QueQ app. I'll try to remember to check it out and see if it's working and what it can be used for. If it works, then maybe next time you won't have to wait around as long !

Got there about 10.45, can't do it earlier as bank doesn't open until 10.30. The hours wait was from the time I sat down and waited for 5 in front of me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Got there about 10.45, can't do it earlier as bank doesn't open until 10.30. The hours wait was from the time I sat down and waited for 5 in front of me.

What bank you use?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An hour to process 5 people ? Sheesh, either they are getting lazy or those 5 all had "issues". I was 5 minutes from my number being called to walking towards the door when I was finished.

You had to wait for the bank to......get your bank letter ? I usually get mine (and update the book) the afternoon before I go so I can try to be 1 or 2 in line the next morning.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

An hour to process 5 people ? Sheesh, either they are getting lazy or those 5 all had "issues". I was 5 minutes from my number being called to walking towards the door when I was finished.

You had to wait for the bank to......get your bank letter ? I usually get mine (and update the book) the afternoon before I go so I can try to be 1 or 2 in line the next morning.

It saves 2 trips, get my bank letter and then go to immigration, otherwise it's a trip to the bank for the letter, go the next day for extension, then go again to pick up passport. You may live 5 minutes away, I don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Is Jomtiem immigration quiet at the moment?

 

I was here last week for my 90 days reporting

very few people inside, very quiet, only me at the 90 days counter

most of the other counters weren't busy at all with no people queing

 

usualy i always go in the afternoon

in the morning it can be more busy

Edited by kingofthemountain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, giddyup said:

It saves 2 trips, get my bank letter and then go to immigration, otherwise it's a trip to the bank for the letter, go the next day for extension, then go again to pick up passport. You may live 5 minutes away, I don't.


I live not far from you if you recall.  😄


But my bank branch (Bangkok Bank) is just a couple minutes down the road from me so it's not too difficult for me to get my bank stuff done the afternoon before I go to Immigration.

Still wonder why they need to keep everything overnight though. As I mentioned elsewhere awhile ago, by the time the guy/gal at Desk 8 finishes with your paperwork, you (and they) know it's all good.
By rights they should be able to give you your new stamp right there (or maybe after a short delay while they run your name/passport through the database to make sure you aren't Osama in disguise or something).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Kerryd said:


I live not far from you if you recall.  😄


But my bank branch (Bangkok Bank) is just a couple minutes down the road from me so it's not too difficult for me to get my bank stuff done the afternoon before I go to Immigration.

Still wonder why they need to keep everything overnight though. As I mentioned elsewhere awhile ago, by the time the guy/gal at Desk 8 finishes with your paperwork, you (and they) know it's all good.
By rights they should be able to give you your new stamp right there (or maybe after a short delay while they run your name/passport through the database to make sure you aren't Osama in disguise or something).

My bank is at Lotus on Sukhumvit so I'm 3/4 of the way to immigration. Yeah, I never understood the overnight thing. The guy checks everything very thoroughly, so all it need is the stamp. Just another excuse to mess the falang around.

Edited by giddyup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Kerryd said:

 I went in the last week of May and it took a total of 12 minutes (over 2 days) to do my Extension, Multi Re-entry permit and 90 Day report.

Multi re-entry? I wish I had your optimism.

Edited by Yknot
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The funny thing is that benches are for three people and the outer ones are forbidden to sit on, but if it was forbidden in the middle, then two had room to sit on.  Really wondering how long it took to do this in the wrong way too?

 

Amazing Thailand every day!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...