Covid-19: Infected Sudanese girl should have been under embassy care - she was in downtown Bangkok condo

the Sudan now find out the hard way,

- that Diplomatic Immunity doesn't work for Viruses

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ukrules said:

It's clear that the 'special people' on the list who are allowed to avoid quarantine are not isolating like they should be - wow, what a surprise.

The government should take the opportunity while they still can to quarantine everyone on arrival - with no exceptions at all.

Speaking to Thais, it's very clear who they blame for this and it's the people who made this law.

There is large scale uproar and anger about this all over the Thai language social media, even the Army came out in defence of their position saying the law allows them in and there was nothing they could do.

In my opinion they could have monitored them 24/7 but perhaps that's not allowed.

But the Army RUNS the country yet they claim that they could do nothing about it?

• Like 1

Some off topic posts, troll posts and the replies have been removed. 

An offensive troll post has been reported and removed as well as a reply. 

My worldview is shattered.

I was convinced a covid 19 virus would exclude VIPs, Doctors, Lottery winners and other lucky living objects.

I was taught wrong. How do I go on from here?

It will be a tough and challenging time, but I have survived other crisis before. Time heals most wounds.

• Haha 1

2nd wave tsunami is on it's way and there is little anyone can do about it. It's happening everywhere why not here with relaxed policies like those that are in place! 😞

• Confused 1
20 hours ago, webfact said:

According to the regulations about official visitors and guests of the Thai government she should have been at the Sudanese embassy or under their care.

Here we go, The Thai government has to clamp down on this immediately.

two cases of blatant disregard to public health by diplomatic cases slipping through the net!

• Like 2

Can't really blame people for seeking out a safe haven in the times of Covid? Especially when it is easy, legal to do so, i.e. diplomats, or VIPs.

I'd imagine most of us would do the same for loved ones?

The Thai authorities need to find a way to test all on arrival - they have 90-minute PCR unit at SBIA/BKK, and enforce/encourage some sort of self-quarantine, without violating any sort of diplomatic "rules".

Thai social media is literally ablaze with negative comments on these two incidents. Will it topple the "government"? No. But the PtB are taking this very seriously.