Transfer from Thailand to UK

I need to transfer 350,000 baht approx from my Bankok bank to my uk bank. Is this straight forward?, ive read the Bangkok banks info on this and as a non thai i need to have a letter with source of income or something similar?

If anyone has any advice i would appreciate it. I have looked at Dee Money too, but as far as i can see you need to visit one of their branches in BKK in person to complete the application

TIA

PST

I signed up to DeeMoney a few weeks back. No need for any branch visit, all done on line and via mobile. Very easy with usual verifications.

Made one transfer to UK bank, so far. Fee free for 1st transfer. Next working day credit and good rate. Very happy with the experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you have a work permit it's easy. If you don't, you need to be able to show the source of the funds coming into Thailand, e.g. inward transfer, or proceeds from sale of property. Some branches may just do it without requesting anything, luck of the draw.

18 minutes ago, YT3k72Em said:

If you have a work permit it's easy. If you don't, you need to be able to show the source of the funds coming into Thailand, e.g. inward transfer, or proceeds from sale of property. Some branches may just do it without requesting anything, luck of the draw.

Thanks, i have no WP, and the source of the funds into Thailand was from my saving account, so would a statement at the time be considered as proof?

1 hour ago, dabhand said:

I signed up to DeeMoney a few weeks back. No need for any branch visit, all done on line and via mobile. Very easy with usual verifications.

Made one transfer to UK bank, so far. Fee free for 1st transfer. Next working day credit and good rate. Very happy with the experience.

So would you need to download your Thai bank mobile app if you dont have it already, and dee money mobile app too?, or can you just download your thai bank mobile app and send it via Dee from a laptop?. Also do you need to use a mobile app for your uk recieving account?

Edited by PST

6 hours ago, PST said:

So would you need to download your Thai bank mobile app if you dont have it already, and dee money mobile app too?, or can you just download your thai bank mobile app and send it via Dee from a laptop?. Also do you need to use a mobile app for your uk recieving account?

Yes, I used my Thai bank app (SCB) to generate a QR code which is then transferred to the DeeMoney app (don't know if a transfer via laptop is possible,  you need to check with DM on that and the agent that I spoke with had good English skills) . Quite a simple process and well explained by DM.

App for UK account not required as part of the process.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2020 at 12:22 PM, PST said:

Thanks, i have no WP, and the source of the funds into Thailand was from my saving account, so would a statement at the time be considered as proof?

Your bank should be able to give you a credit advice for your transfer(s) into Thailand from outside.  Then they should be able to transfer out of the country up to the amount you can prove you previously transferred in.

4 hours ago, JTXR said:

Your bank should be able to give you a credit advice for your transfer(s) into Thailand from outside.  Then they should be able to transfer out of the country up to the amount you can prove you previously transferred in.

DeeMoney did not require me to have a WP nor did they request any confirmation of source of funds for my transfer to the UK.