Tourist Visa extension form post 31 July

Wanting to ease the pain and the hordes when July 31 arrives. I'd like to go prepared to Immigration next week with forms filled out. Can anyone advise which form and where I can download. I couldn't find anything on Thai Immigration website.

I am seeking a 30 day tourist visa extension.

I have my Thai wife of 11 years and have never applied for a marriage visa. Will taking supporting documentation assist?  

12 minutes ago, RedCardinal said:

I think you should be able to apply for a 60-day visa to visit Thai wife/family.

He can apply the 60 day extension of stay (it is not a visa) to visit his wife if he has not gotten one since his last entry to the country.

His wife will need to be with him.

His marriage certificate and a copy of it will be required. Copies of his wife's house book registry and ID card.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RedCardinal said:

I think you should be able to apply for a 60-day visa to visit Thai wife/family. Search here and you should find details of what docs are needed.   

Thanks for your advice. When you say "search here" is there supposed to be a link?

If I wanted to apply for my 1900bath 30 days extension on my tourist visa in Bangkok where should I go?

The immigration Government complex in Chaeng Watthana Road like always? or did they change location for this covid crisis?

Thanks.

12 minutes ago, mareo said:

The immigration Government complex in Chaeng Watthana Road like always? or did they change location for this covid crisis?

They just reopened the office at Muang Thai Thani and that is where you will need to go.

See this ongoing topic.

M

18 minutes ago, mareo said:

If I wanted to apply for my 1900bath 30 days extension on my tourist visa in Bangkok where should I go?

If you did not yet use up that 30-days extension yet since you entered Thailand on your Tourist Visa, it will be provided to you at your Bangkok IO and it will start from day of application.

But best to keep it as 'safe guard' and only use it in the final days of the Amnesty, because in case the Amnesty is extended, you would have used up that 30-day extension possibility unnecessary.

Also be aware that if you want to stay longer in Thailand, you would need to apply at least 15 days (some IOs require 23 days) for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa before the permission to stay from that 30-day extension has expired.

3 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

If you did not yet use up that 30-days extension yet since you entered Thailand on your Tourist Visa, it will be provided to you at your Bangkok IO and it will start from day of application.

But best to keep it as 'safe guard' and only use it in the final days of the Amnesty, because in case the Amnesty is extended, you would have used up that 30-day extension possibility unnecessary.

Also be aware that if you want to stay longer in Thailand, you would need to apply at least 15 days (some IOs require 23 days) for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa before the permission to stay from that 30-day extension has expired.

The other time I did it, the 30 days began counting on the last day I was allowed to stay in the country (by my passport stamp) I don't know if this is not the case anymore. Could anyone clarify this?

To be honest I'm not counting on a new extension and I'm not planning to get a non imm o visa. That's why I'm trying to get the 30 days extension.

4 minutes ago, mareo said:

To be honest I'm not counting on a new extension and I'm not planning to get a non imm o visa. That's why I'm trying to get the 30 days extension.

Provided you haven't already applied for a 30 day extension during this visit, then you should be OK to apply for one. Because your current permission of stay has automatically been extended, your new 30 day permission of stay should start from the date of application.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Provided you haven't already applied for a 30 day extension during this visit, then you should be OK to apply for one. Because your current permission of stay has automatically been extended, your new 30 day permission of stay should start from the date of application.

Alright, in that case I better apply for it later in July. But I'm afraid it's gonna get really crowded. Even tho there's an online queue system that I can't fin in the immigration website tho.

9 minutes ago, mareo said:

The other time I did it, the 30 days began counting on the last day I was allowed to stay in the country (by my passport stamp) I don't know if this is not the case anymore. Could anyone clarify this?

@Tanoshi already correctly answered your question.

It has been confirmed that Bangkok IO will accept the application (even with your permission to stay already expired, and you now being on the Amnesty extension), and that they will do so from date of application.

However, that's not the case for all IOs as some will not accept any application for an extension or new Visa when your permission to stay already expired.