Temporary visa service center opens in Muang Thong Thani

Temporary visa service center opens in Muang Thong Thani

7pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Naew Na reported that the temporary visa service center for foreigners in the Muang Thong Thani housing estate in the northern Bangkok area was opened for business yesterday. 

The media said that it was to ease congestion at the Chang Wattana Government Complex a few kilometers away.

Applicants are able to do 90 day reports, Article 38 address reports and short extensions of stay for purposes of tourism. 

360852.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

There were expected to be a large number of people as the visa amnesty comes to an end at the end of July. But Naew Na didn't report how many people turned up. 

What they did do was list the names of a huge number of immigration officers and quote Maj-Gen Piti as saying that it was the idea of his chief Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang who is concerned about foreigners stranded in his country.

3240697.jpg

3240698.jpg

Infographics on their report in Thai and English made reference to online queueing systems in particular. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-14

How long is the extension? What are the requirements? What are the cost? Can everyone apply even with expired visas? Is this extension part of the amnesty? 

What is it with this spooning of tiny bits of vague information..?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jonga80 said:

It says there "only for extension with reason of tourism and certificate by an embassy", so I don't see the spanish embassy doing any letters, the borders are open in Spain. Anyway nothing official yet.

That is for an online appointment.  It is not clear what is needed for regular walk-in applicants. 

Did anyone on this forum got their second extension by presenting the certificate by an embassy?

I am a Lithuanian citizen and entered Thailand on 2nd Feb, I then extended my tourist visa in the end of March. As my visa was about to expire, covid amnesty kicked in and then was prolonged to July 31. So, I have already extended my visa once and essentially by the end of July should leave the country.

Now, there are no direct flights to Lithuania and getting back through other countries is complicated. Thus, my embassy issued a certificate which I could bring to the immigration and ask for another extension. However, I have not heard of anyone, nor did I see an official announcement that bringing in a certificate from embassy grants you an extension.

Did anyone personally encounter such situation in the past few weeks? What was your experience? Were you granted the extension? 

4 hours ago, jumanji said:

Did anyone on this forum got their second extension by presenting the certificate by an embassy?

I am a Lithuanian citizen and entered Thailand on 2nd Feb, I then extended my tourist visa in the end of March. As my visa was about to expire, covid amnesty kicked in and then was prolonged to July 31. So, I have already extended my visa once and essentially by the end of July should leave the country.

Now, there are no direct flights to Lithuania and getting back through other countries is complicated. Thus, my embassy issued a certificate which I could bring to the immigration and ask for another extension. However, I have not heard of anyone, nor did I see an official announcement that bringing in a certificate from embassy grants you an extension.

Did anyone personally encounter such situation in the past few weeks? What was your experience? Were you granted the extension? 

You cannot get in via Scandinavian countries, via Germany? Isn t Lithuania Schengen Area?

28 minutes ago, Letseng said:

You cannot get in via Scandinavian countries, via Germany? Isn t Lithuania Schengen Area?

Schengen do not apply any longer as every country have blocker their borders & applying restricted access only. But for example Denmark now allow Thais while Danish are not allowed in Thailand ????

Interesting but stressful times...