Pack of soi dogs rounded up on Jomtien beach

webfact

13 minutes ago, brucegoniners said:

What a bunch of <deleted>. I walk on Jomtien Beach and those dogs are as gentle as can be.

When I first came here 15 years ago, the dogs were extremely aggressive. Jomtien Beach Road is my main go to road for bicycling. It would seem their aggressive behavior has been trained out of them. There is only one dog near the La Royale complex that's chased me, but I merely hold up my dog stick in warning now and it's almost comic. The internal struggle of wanting to chase me yet knowing I have a defense is priceless. The dogs they picked up have most likely never bitten anyone. They SHOULD be fixed, then moved, but many things that should be yet aren't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

I hate dog haters.

Never been threatened by one on Jomtien beach.

The idiot in the picture should also be lifted by his ears.

Too be fair he isn't lifting the dog by her ears, but actually the back of the neck. The dog isn't in any discomfort and hopefully won't be mistreated.

If the dogs have really bitten children then it's a problem. I like many here have no issue with dogs, as anyone who loves nature learns to live with it, rather than to destroy everything around for their convenience.

Dogs are not called "Man's best friend" for no reason.  Thai dogs are no exception. They love humans, given the chance.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Scot123 said:

Ah the But it's never happened to me brigade!!! Until it does. I'm a dog lover and have some knowledge having trained dogs to a high working standard. First every dog should be under control 24/7 and any dig not should be lifted. Even a loved family pet can revert to pack hunting instinct in the blink of an eye. Dogs in Thailand are dangerous and cause death almost daily from accidents or biting passing diseases such as Rabies. Babies lives Matter Too. Just even one child scared or killed is one to many. But hay your a holy person who probably walks on water at the weekend.. 

Patently ridiculous. One can also trip up on the pavement. It rarely happens, but it can. So sorry that I do not support eradicating a species because you are afraid. Unless you are referring to mosquitoes. Get rid of them!

But seriously, dogs are rarely dangerous. The dog lover line doesn't work. It's not unlike the line, I'm not racist as I have black friend, before launching into a racist tirade.

I deal with feral dogs every single day without issue. So I think it trumps your training already tame dogs to a high working standard.

They have personalities, just like humans. You might get the odd stupid one, but the rest of the pack will quickly put them in their place by simply giving them no back-up and just wandering off, leaving them on their own.

So no, collective punishment is not the way. Deal with the problem dog.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

You start feeding them and the situation will get worse..  

I have to grit my teeth and hold my tongue every time I see someone feeding soi dogs.

"But they will die unless you feed them."

No, they'll move on to another neighborhood. They're resourceful survivors. Just go seek life somewhere else.

• Like 1

Just now, transam said:

Agreed, I have a very big dog here in LOS, but I hate these roaming dogs where humans of all sizes may walk or play.

A dog accompanied by its owner is usually not an issue with folk, packs are, even I am wary of dog packs, and for sure, tourists from countries that don't have roaming dog packs will be on the back foot and worried.

Nothing to do with being a dog lover and saying leave them alone, it is about tourists peace of mind and safety. You start feeding them and the situation will get worse..  

Oh please. Dogs very rarely attack humans. Of course there are exceptions. But that doesn't mean you punish them all.

Very easy to bring them under control. All this scaremongering is ridiculous.

• Confused 1

Just now, J Town said:

I have to grit my teeth and hold my tongue every time I see someone feeding soi dogs.

"But they will die unless you feed them."

No, they'll move on to another neighborhood. They're resourceful survivors. Just go seek life somewhere else.

Best you do. It's none of your business. So they move to another neighbourhood and there's another grumpy old man there. What then?

If someone is feeding the dogs it means that they are used to human contact and less likely to harm.

• Sad 1

Just now, Oldie said:

Good that something is done. Once I got bitten by a stray dog here in Pattaya. One of the dog lovers should please give me a refund for all the costs and pain and worries. In my eyes just dangerous dreamers. Perhaps even more dangerous than the dogs. 

Perhaps the dog realised that you weren't very nice. Why doesn't it happen to the nice people?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1