Chiang Mai Imm visit this morning told to come back on 30/31st

Just now, kirbi53 said:

So she basically said come back on the 30/31st and do the extension

So that tells you something

OP, what's your take on it. 

Was the io trying to save your 60 day extension thinking amnesty will be extended and you can keep the 60 for later?

• Like 1

Interesting that she said this this morning 

But extremely happy with our docs. 

I went to initially kick start a marriage extension 

Firstly 60 days 

Then apply for 1 year marriage extension 

I think you have a months pending after that 

Followed by a years extension all going well. 

Gust going through the 

60 days 

1 month pending

! year extension procedure.

Just interesting that she said that

She pointed it out on the calendar to me and my wife.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, kirbi53 said:

Firstly 60 days 

I assume you already have a valid Non Imm O Visa then?

My multi 0 finished on the 8th of May was supposed to go to Laos then for a new one of which the Imm officer say and I pointed out my last May stamp to her. So I am on Amnesty now.

And thank you Tanoshi for pointing out in another thread that multi o visa holders are not freeloaders. ???? ( I recall )

My wife and I have been building a new  2 story house for the past year will be finished in late September moving in before winter. 

I just liked a  one week holiday in Laos and Laos sandwiches. 

Cheers, 

Kirby

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, kirbi53 said:

My multi 0 finished on the 8th of May was supposed to go to Laos then for a new one of which the Imm officer say and I pointed out my last May stamp to her. So I am on Amnesty now.

Thanks.

I assume then that CM are letting you apply for a 1 year extension based on marriage from your original Non O entry, even though your permission of stay has been extended via the amnesty.

The 60 day extension is to season funds in a Thai bank then?

• Like 1

Hopefully this means an extension is coming.  This is what they were doing a few days before the initial amnesty was announced.  They were telling people no need to do an extension.  Thailand is probably going to go under lockdown again with the Egyptian soldier and Sudanese girl and probably other cases too.  Amnesty is likely to be extended, especially after hearing what the immigration officer said.  The longer the better.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

The 60 day extension is to season funds in a Thai bank then?

Might be for that - or might be to have a "real extension" which allows the 1-year to be processed at all? 

3 hours ago, kirbi53 said:

And thank you Tanoshi for pointing out in another thread that multi o visa holders are not freeloaders. ???? ( I recall )

My wife and I have been building a new  2 story house for the past year will be finished in late September moving in before winter. 

I just liked a  one week holiday in Laos and Laos sandwiches. 

Cheers, 

Kirby

Yes.  Funny to think anyone believes supporting a Thai family is "freeloading" - especially coming from those who can get "hassle-free" retriement extensions for 15k per-yr or less, w/o any docs/financials or family-committments.

A Non-O marriage in-country requires a dictionary-think document stack, not counting any "unpublished requirements" added on, which can make it impossible.  Good to hear CM is acting friendly, in your case.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Good to hear CM is acting friendly, in your case.

Friendly for 60 day extensions perhaps only, after waiting very very long. I mean, everyone gonna go there 30/31st? Or leave? No way!

Each day the news is not out just confirms amnesty has to be extended.

I am hearing some very interesting information from visa agents who I know in Chiang Mai.

Apparently, for a "bonus fee" of several thousand baht you can switch your visa to a marriage visa immediately if you go through an agent and pay the "bonus fee".

This leads me to believe that the reason you may have been turned away and told to come back on the 30th or 31st is because by that time you will have no other choice but to pay extra.

I might be wrong and maybe they will shortly be announcing an extension but this conflicts with all current reports.

I wonder is it possible to apply for the marriage visa extension that you are looking for at another immigration office?

Maybe someone can shed some light here.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kirbi53 said:

Interesting that she said this this morning 

But extremely happy with our docs. 

Firstly 60 days 

I think you have a months pending after that 

Followed by a years extension all going well. 

Gust going through the 

60 days 

1 month pending

! year extension procedure.

Just interesting that she said that

She pointed it out on the calendar to me and my wife.

I plan on going for the 60 day extension next week here in Rayong. Can you refresh me with what paperwork I need. Thanks in advance.

Hi There, 

Copy of marriage certificate 

You don't need the original even though I took that in just to be safe 

Kor Ror 22 copy the document from Ampoe/City hall that says your still married an update basically 

CM Imm accepted the Kor ror 22 

Passport front page copy 

I threw in my last multi o visa and stamp 

Wife's Id card copy

Wife's house book copy 

And of course your wife 

Cheers, 

Kirby

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Apparently, for a "bonus fee" of several thousand baht you can switch your visa to a marriage visa immediately if you go through an agent and pay the "bonus fee".

This is interesting too 

I read in another thread for a retirement situation the Special Price was quoted at 25 000 bt  If that was the case

That would be quite cheap considering in Laos my agent charged 

15 000 bt for his service and 5 000 bt for visa. 

I did not have to go to Savannakhet but stay in Vientiane longer than 2 days

He was a good agent dealt with him for years 

I have never had a 60 day extension so should be able to get that.

I also told the imm officer lots of people here on the 30/31st and she really didn't say anything

1 hour ago, kirbi53 said:

Kor Ror 22 copy the document from Ampoe/City hall that says your still married an update basically 

CM Imm accepted the Kor ror 22 

Kor Ror 22 is required when you married overseas, but registered the marriage in Thailand.

Kor Ror 2 is required when you married in Thailand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bkkdawg said:

Exactly the same thing happened to me this morning at cm immigration. Told me to wait it out till next week when an announcement comes in. 

Hi I had the same conversation at CM this PM, I left with the impression that it will be extended but they don’t know how long for. 

I'm confused. Why do they open their office if they don't do extensions?
What services are available now? Can we do 90-day reporting? The Android app is not working right now, and I'm being told that "for further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area." after inputting my passport details in the website.

On 7/14/2020 at 2:09 PM, JacksSmirkingRevenge said:

Hopefully this means an extension is coming.  This is what they were doing a few days before the initial amnesty was announced.  They were telling people no need to do an extension.  Thailand is probably going to go under lockdown again with the Egyptian soldier and Sudanese girl and probably other cases too.  Amnesty is likely to be extended, especially after hearing what the immigration officer said.  The longer the better.  

Outgoing flights never stopped, any lock down or new regulations won't change that. The changes due to the Egyptian and Sudanese are ban on any type of fight from Egypt, and diplomats have to go to stare quarantine instead of self quarantine 

28 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

Outgoing flights never stopped, any lock down or new regulations won't change that. The changes due to the Egyptian and Sudanese are ban on any type of fight from Egypt, and diplomats have to go to stare quarantine instead of self quarantine 

The amnesty is to stop people queueing in immigration. If they don't have an amnesty they will have 1000s at offices. Especially risky if there is another outbreak.

3 hours ago, SymS said:

I'm confused. Why do they open their office if they don't do extensions?
What services are available now? Can we do 90-day reporting? The Android app is not working right now, and I'm being told that "for further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area." after inputting my passport details in the website.

I did it online this morning, got the notification Approved about 3.00, 

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

Great post, I am in exactly the same situation, on a Non Imm "O" Multi Entry for years, wife and kids etc.

Was going to go down to CM Immigration tomorrow to do exactly the same thing, enquire about 60 day extension and chuck a few quid in the bank account, to get the 1 year extension based on marriage during those 60 days.

You saved me a pointless trip!

Just one question? You say your Non "O" had expired, do you mean the actual visa itself OR your last 90 day stamp had expired? Just curious!

"And thank you Tanoshi for pointing out in another thread that multi o visa holders are not freeloaders. ???? ( I recall )"...so true, nothing to do with money for a lot of us, it's just the Non "O" Multi is more suitable for my lifestyle, I don't want to get a re-entry permit every time I take a holiday abroad, as an example!

Edited by falang1969

8 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

Outgoing flights never stopped, any lock down or new regulations won't change that. 

True, but like last time, any lockdown may stop virtually all domestic travel.  So it may be impossible to actually get to the Bangkok airport if you are in one of the affected areas.

7 minutes ago, Phillip9 said:

True, but like last time, any lockdown may stop virtually all domestic travel.  So it may be impossible to actually get to the Bangkok airport if you are in one of the affected areas.

during the last lock down and even during the curfew people could still travel to essential places, airport included

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

during the last lock down and even during the curfew people could still travel to essential places, airport included

Nope, not if you were in a different province and needed to get to bkk.  Travel Between provinces was nearly impossible.

• Like 2