Chiang Mai Imm visit this morning told to come back on 30/31st

17 hours ago, SymS said:

I'm confused. Why do they open their office if they don't do extensions?
What services are available now? Can we do 90-day reporting?

You can only submit one 30 day extension for each entry by VE or TV for reason of tourism.

You can only submit one 60 day extension for each entry by VE, TV , or Non O Visa for reason of visiting Thai wife/children.

Some have already used these permittable extension and will have to leave or cross a border for a new entry/Visa when the amnesty end date is finally announced.

Others haven't as yet applied for these extensions, waiting until the end of the amnesty date is known, allowing them a further window of 30/60 days to leave/cross borders, when there will be less human traffic.

Immigration are open for extension applications, including those on annual extensions based on retirement or marriage, who should apply as usual.

90 day reporting is suspended under the amnesty, but if you want to submit a 90 day report you can do so.

• Like 2

Going with an agency now even though I was told to come back on the 30/31st 

Probably better that way too 

Dealt with an agent for years in Laos 

A beginning of a new extension relationship NOT a multi-o visa 

I am also able to extend for 1 year extension based on a couple of multi-o in passport from agency

I told imm off previously i have never had a 60 day extension 

So getting the ball rolling this Thursday with agent 

Just want to be normal again in the new normal with an extension stamp etc and doing 90 day reporting 

CM Imm has drive through 90 day reporting. 

Cheers, 

Kirby

Cheers, 

Kirby 

12 minutes ago, kirbi53 said:

Going with an agency now even though I was told to come back on the 30/31st

why ?
why not just wait a day and see what the official announcement is BEFORE making any plans?

you may not need an extension for a good few weeks yet
you are simply paying money you do not need to spend at this point

if your paperwork is in order, why get an agent ?
there is no threat of you being kicked out
immigration will not be over crowded every day
The meeting to decide what the extension will be is today or tomorrow
what is the urgency ?

BTW i am in same boat as yourself, on ME, with option to extend 60 days and then 1 year
(except i have never used agents and do not plan too)

Edited by innosiem
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, innosiem said:

BTW i am in same boat as yourself, on ME, with option to extend 60 days and then 1 year
(except i have never used agents and do not plan too)

Many in your situation and have good options. Any suggestions for guys with ME marriage who have used their 60 extension to visit family already. Must be few of them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Many in your situation and have good options. Any suggestions for guys with ME marriage who have used their 60 extension to visit family already. Must be few of them.

Phuket News addresses the topic as well and wants answers

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-opinion-thai-immigration-forgotten-expats-76721.php

I'm on the same boat

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

yeh thats sort of my point, l
better to save any extensions til as late as possible
(once official announcement has been made, stating what is actually possible)

as for those who have already used 60 day extension, only option i see now would be to extend for 1 year
if there is any issues from Immigration about doing this
(not referring to those who cannot meet financial requirements)
then i see no way can they keep all the borders closed past 26th Sept either
so it may be likely by then you can leave and come back, of course providing you meet the requirements

28 minutes ago, innosiem said:

as for those who have already used 60 day extension, only option i see now would be to extend for 1 year

How can they extend for one year.

They have used their 60 day extension. If you entered on visa exempt or TV or non ME you would need to obtain an extension to have current permission of stay in order to move towards non o marriage or retirement. 

If you have used your extension say 60 to visit family previously (some did this just prior to first amnesty) then seems no options available? 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

How can they extend for one year. They have used their 60 day extension.

Think if you read post #32 , it correctly points out that if you entered on visa exempt or TV or non ME you would need to obtain an extension to have current permission of stay in order to move towards non o marriage or retirement. 

If you have used your extension say 60 to visit family previously (some did this just prior to first amnesty) then seems no options available? 

Luckily there have been positive reports of those on a ME Non Imm O Visa whose 90-day permission to stay already expired and also already 'used up' their 60-day extension.

Some of them applied at a 'friendly' IO willing to accept their application for a 1-year extension of stay based on the Non Imm O Visa on which they entered the country, even with their permission to stay expired and now on the Amnesty.

As this is Thailand and IO approach to such matters is not consistent, there are also reports of IOs who do not accept such applications,

Hence the recommendation to enquire at your local IO whether and how they will handle your application for a 1-year extension of stay.  With the Grace Period till 26 September, the 2-month seasoning of the financial funds required for such application, would not be an obstacle anymore, when starting with that in course of this week.

There is of course also the option of relocating to a province with a more 'accomodating' IO in case your local IO indicates that they will not accept your application because of no 'valid' permission to stay.  Relocating would involve securing a rental contract in that province, so that you can do your TM-30 (or TM-27) to administratively relocate there.  It would not even be necessary to physically relocate to the province where you file the application, when you prefer staying at your present location.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, innosiem said:

if there is any issues from Immigration about doing this
(not referring to those who cannot meet financial requirements)
then i see no way can they keep all the borders closed past 26th Sept either
so it may be likely by then you can leave and come back, of course providing you meet the requirements

Some Immigration offices have already stated they won't process applications for 1 year extensions if your using the amnesty to stay.

It isn't up to Thailand to open the borders, that decision is with Malaysia, Myanmar, Lao and Cambodia who closed the borders to Thailand.

They could;

1. Extend the amnesty in it's current form.

2. End the amnesty but allow 30 day extensions for those who cannot cross the borders.

Commercial flights are also available back to your Home Country.

@Peter Denis Yes Peter I have seen threads where you have mentioned the possible/not possible depending on the immigration office. Keep shouting from the rooftops re what you advise above. 

If I had a ME non O and had already used my 60 extension to visit family, I would be doing what you suggest not asap but rather yesterday.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Huh!

Have I missed something?

Other than press speculation I haven't seen any official announcements.

You are correct that it has not been officially announced yet, but it is more than just media speculation. With only 11 days left before expiry of the 31 July Amnesty date and land-borders not open yet and reduced flight-schedules, the chaos would be unmanageable without some sort of extension.  By smartly calling it a Grace Period, it is also clear that 26 September is 'end of the line' when not able to regularize your Visa situation.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

@Peter Denis Yes Peter I have seen threads where you have mentioned the possible/not possible depending on the immigration office. Keep shouting from the rooftops re what you advise above. 

If I had a ME non O and had already used my 60 extension to visit family, I would be doing what you suggest not asap but rather yesterday.

Yesterday, all my troubles seem so far away, now it looks as though there here to stay - The Beatles.

Sorry Jack, it just seemed appropriate to the current situation.   ????

• Haha 2

Just now, Tanoshi said:

Yesterday, all my troubles seem so far away, now it looks as though there here to stay - The Beatles.

Sorry Jack, it just seemed appropriate to the current situation.   ????

So true!

Personally I'm on annual extensions RE (non o).  Having said that I hope the guys that have ME marriage can be cut some slack.

If I had a ME marriage I would avoid listing to song........"hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more, no more........"

• Haha 2

why ?
why not just wait a day and see what the official announcement is BEFORE making any plans?

Sick of the bs waiting around too much

Now with the extended date up to September 26 I read what that means is everyone has to sort out some sort of visa/extension before that day. That is what I gathered

Or get out just before the 26th 

So waiting around to me now is not achieving anything.

Wife and I have been building a new house since last year. Obviously later on this year when it is finished we to be able to enjoy living in it together???? not just the wife.

Cheers, 

Kirby 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

You are correct that it has not been officially announced yet, but it is more than just media speculation. With only 11 days left before expiry of the 31 July Amnesty date and land-borders not open yet and reduced flight-schedules, the chaos would be unmanageable without some sort of extension.  By smartly calling it a Grace Period, it is also clear that 26 September is 'end of the line' when not able to regularize your Visa situation.

Why the 26th, a Saturday, why not the end of September?

Giving us the weekend to clear out.  ????

I'll wait until a decision has been approved and announced by the Cabinet.

I've been rather preoccupied recently and thought I'd missed some important news.

5 minutes ago, PFV said:

applied for a 1-yr extension based on marriage, while under amnesty. CM immigration had no problem giving it to me

Excellent news. More reports we get like yours folk can get picture of where some offices are flexible and some are not.

Enjoy your next year.

• Thanks 1

Are we sure yet that we can apply for another 60 days extension (based on Thai wife) after July 31? Or do we need to apply before July 31? There's the strange wording about 30 days extensions being given before September 26 but that could be due to the translation.

I dealt with an agent in Vientiane for 5 years 

He was great 

At first he charged 11 000 bt for his service + 5000 bt for multi o from Savannakhet with receipt 

Then he rounded the price off to 20000 bt his service 15000 + 5000bt for Multo o visa again from Savannakhet with receipt for the last couple of years

I did not have to go to Savannakhet I had a weeks holiday instead ????

I had to stay in Vientiane minimum 3 days but always made it a week. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, AndyPa said:

Are we sure yet that we can apply for another 60 days extension (based on Thai wife) after July 31? Or do we need to apply before July 31? There's the strange wording about 30 days extensions being given before September 26 but that could be due to the translation.

You cannot apply for 'another' 60 days extension, you are only allowed one per entry.  So if you used it up already that avenue is closed. 

Some applicants for the 1-year extension of their Non Imm O Visa with permission to stay already expired, needed such an extension in order to be able to meet the 2 months seasoning of their financial funds (required when applying for their first 1-year extension).  When the Amnesty is extended till end of September those that did not yet start with the seasoning of the required funds will now be able to do it, but obviously recommended not to wait too long before starting with it.

24 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

You cannot apply for 'another' 60 days extension, you are only allowed one per entry.  So if you used it up already that avenue is closed. 

Some applicants for the 1-year extension of their Non Imm O Visa with permission to stay already expired, needed such an extension in order to be able to meet the 2 months seasoning of their financial funds (required when applying for their first 1-year extension).  When the Amnesty is extended till end of September those that did not yet start with the seasoning of the required funds will now be able to do it, but obviously recommended not to wait too long before starting with it.

I didn't use mine yet. So just wondering. But I guess we all have to wait for tomorrow.

1 hour ago, kirbi53 said:

Just mentioning my experiences with agents so far all good 

Hence dealing with an agent for 1 year marriage extension in CM 

Some people don't like them some people like them 

I don't think anyone's really interested in your agent experience, when you could have done it yourself for a fraction of the cost. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kirbi53 said:

Just mentioning my experiences with agents so far all good 

Hence dealing with an agent for 1 year marriage extension in CM 

Some people don't like them some people like them 

The messages in the thread after the link posted below will be of interest for you, as the poster is in exactly same situation as yourself

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1173849-non-o-multi-marriage-clarification/?do=findComment&comment=15636699