Foreigners in Thailand eagerly await clarification regarding visa amnesty

webfact

Just now, sotsira said:

What about all the expats who are currently outside of Thailand when the borders closed 

and can't return to renew their extension of stay based on marriage/retiremant?

What will be required for them to re-enter if their current extensions expired during 

the lockdown?

With the Thai Embassy not answering their phones, how are they supposed to return??

I won't hold my breath............it's as clear as mud.

You would hope you could get it extended at the Thai Embassy where you reside, but I’m not holding my breath. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, sotsira said:

What about all the expats who are currently outside of Thailand when the borders closed 

and can't return to renew their extension of stay based on marriage/retiremant?

What will be required for them to re-enter if their current extensions expired during 

the lockdown?

With the Thai Embassy not answering their phones, how are they supposed to return??

I won't hold my breath............it's as clear as mud.

This has happened to my wife who is stuck in the U.K. i was getting different messages from my local IO however when I renewed my extension of stay a few weeks ago the iO told me that my wife would now have to apply for a O visa in the U.K. and upon arriving back she would then re apply for her retirement visa as my dependent . Trouble is getting the $100,000 insurance policy as well as the fit to fly certificate on top of this she would then have to pay for 14 days quarantine in some flea pit hotel that the Thai government have approved so reluctantly I have told her to stay in the U.K. in the meantime I am trying to sell our beach villa or if I can’t rent it out long term through a reputable agency and return to Europe to join her for at least a year in the hope that things improve.

Edited by crazykopite
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, julot said:

Here is a clarification from US embassy.

It should be pretty clear by now, that there will be no amnesty extension, and you have two weeks to apply for a new visa/extension, or get a letter from your embassy (US embassy won't do it anymore). If you can't get those, you have to leave Thailand or you will be considered on overstay starting August 1st.

I would personally not bet on a miracle, especially with the new cases in Rayong and the rampant xenophobia around Thailand, and instead take action today by contacting your embassy/immigration office.

1843216152_ScreenShot2563-07-14at14_34_28.png.a9b29ffc66db51da25c96255e3b094cc.png

....same as the German Embassy.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AgentSmith said:

The chances of getting caught are minimal. I've never been checked over the years. That said, I'd strongly advise against overstaying your visa. It's most likely possible to get another extension with the help of your embassy. That's what I'm aiming for now. Get another 30 day extension of my tourist visa at immigration with a visa support letter. Shouldn't be too hard.

Did you see this? 
1843216152_ScreenShot2563-07-14at14_34_28.png.a9b29ffc66db51da25c96255e3b094cc.png