Foreigners in Thailand eagerly await clarification regarding visa amnesty

webfact

1 minute ago, vermin on arrival said:

Which embassy do you know is giving letters? Every embassy that people have said they have contacted has said they are not giving letters. If the US embassy, which has a huge epidemic is not doing it, who is?

No idea. I'm not a diplomat. ???? I'm still waiting for an answer from my embassy. When I get it and they hand out letters I'll post it here.

• Like 1

is anyone even booking flights out of here? my friend booked 2 times and both times the flights got cancelled. are airlines going to start running flights to get expired visa holders out of thailand and then have to return the planes empty? i doubt it.

• Like 2

My personal guess is : …. they not give another  amnesty . BUT a 30 day 's to settle your stay ,by  visa ext. or whatever document  has to be arranged , with maybe possible temporary solutions not needing a border hopping for it ,and  in last resort leave Thailand in the 30 days

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zikomat said:

Nothing is ridiculous about it. Things have not changed a lot since the last amnesty. People like you gave the same “smart” advice in the March. And many of those who have left in a hurry are now unable to return back to their families.

Yes. You My be able to get out but it's getting back in. My visa run is either Penang or Bali and both boarders are closed. Where is their to go. I'm on Amnesty extension until the 31st July.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, keith101 said:

What about those like myself who need to exit and re enter to do the 90 day report if they haven't opened up the borders ?

I already did a 60 day extension before the amnesty .

Be like water my friend..

Be like water.

MGIa7.gif

• Haha 2

Really hope they extend as the earliest I can apply for my marriage extension is Aug 4 as Jomtien insist on 30 days prior to expiry and Bangkok never seem to be able to turn round my application within the 30 days. At 74 and high risk of covid I cannot queue indefinitely outside or inside the office 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CNXexpat said:

Why do you need border runs if you have a valid visa? 

You can have a valid one year validity visa but the requirements is you exist the Kingdom every 90 days

If the visa amnesty isn't extended 

14 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

The immigration is not the right source for the information regarding the amnesty. I remember them asking me a personal photo of myself in the bathroom as well as 10 other ‘important’ documents just a couple of days before the amnesty was declared.

Brother a freelance plumber, sister does a bit of "freelance" grouting maybe, they are jsut trying to be helpful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CNXexpat said:

Why do you need border runs if you have a valid visa? 

Why do you need to exit?

You can have a one year validity use visa  but the conditions are that you leave the Kingdom every 90 days but the surrounding boarders are all closed . 

• Like 2

First of all there is no point going to immigration if you have an expired tourist visa and are taking advantage of the visa amnesty, as they dont know what will happen within the next 2 weeks.

Book a flight is the only real option at this point

I have been here for a few years, on an annual non immigration O multiple entry visa. Renewed every year in Laos. Nice trip, family always went.

Now, though, I would like to extend my visa rather than leave Thailand and come back in again. I have been here since February, non stop.

Can I simply extend my visa for a year at the immigration office in Khap Cheong, my nearest office?

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

to pay for 14 days quarantine in some flea pit hotel that the Thai government have approved

What is the evidence, it will be a flea pit hotel?

100 m from my condo is a hotel, where they quarantined 3 bus loads of returnees.

It’s a “Mercure” - not a top hotel, but for sure also not a “flea pit” ...

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Really hope they extend as the earliest I can apply for my marriage extension is Aug 4 as Jomtien insist on 30 days prior to expiry and Bangkok never seem to be able to turn round my application within the 30 days. At 74 and high risk of covid I cannot queue indefinitely outside or inside the office 

You cannot apply at any IO, it has to be done at the IO of the province where you are residing.

Some IOs do allow to apply 45 days before permission to stay expiry.  Even if your local IO applies the 30-day as earliest date to apply for your 1-year extension of stay, they would most probably be lenient on you doing it earlier to avoid overstay after 31 July.  Best to enquire about your Visa situation at your local IO.

1 hour ago, beavenlen said:

those people on non imm.'o' visa. normally would do a border bounce, i.e. cross the border then return within the hour or some other short period,who hold a currently valid visa but have had amnesty from border hops,seem never to be mentioned on here,surely i'm not the only one in this position,

Just my 10 bahts worth of opinion. The immigration see us non O holders being in the same bracket as the tourist on 30 day visa exempt stamps, this may be why we are never mentioned, if the amnesty is not extended we also have to leave.

The only difference is the Non O holders will have a higher chance of being able to extend, as a lot will have family here, wives, kids etc.

Again just my opinion, but any visa exempt stayers who had at least one extension prior to the amnesty period will find it difficult. The immigration officials will be looking to weed these people out.

• Like 2