Foreigners in Thailand eagerly await clarification regarding visa amnesty

webfact

2 hours ago, robsamui said:

A first world nation is one which has reduced, simplified and streamlined bureaucracy and red tape to a minimum. An emerging nation is one which sees a mass of red tape and complexities as a sign of of their own status and self-importance.

Over the last few years Thailand has been so wrapped up in creating *very important* classes and subsclasses of Aliens and of making multiple rules about rules for 50 different shades of white so that Aliens can be firmly filed away in the right drawers . . . so much so that now that now Immigration is forced to stand up and take responsibility, they can't.

Because they've made such a complex mess of it all that the now can't remember every single visa contingency that they, themselves, have created. 

They are so obsessed with tourists and tourism that all the farang residents (living, working or retired here) are unimportant and a nuisance. 

So, tough, if you're tangled up in the red tape of extensions and 90-day exits of the the country or stuck abroad because right now you can't return or worried because with no amnesty you are forced to leave Thailand (and then get stuck outside) - this is because of what an important nation Thailand is and they need all these multiple rules and regulation to prove this.

Because they're the best nation in the world and you are only an mere Alien. So there.

Disagree. 

As a German, I observed that so-called first-world nations are buildung up caste systems, too.  And they also close their borders to foreigners. 

Edited by micmichd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

I dunno the current post on the website is no extension letters,and get a long term visa by July 31 or get out. Or do you mean we have nothing to worry about being notified about the final policy decision? Coz the current message is very worrying. :  P  

I don’t think that there is any chance that they will NOT give us at least 2 weeks grace period to leave the country (after 31 of July).

Edited by Zikomat
  • Like 1

It is not only up to Thailand when borders reopened this is also up to the bordering countries who are unlikely to open their borders any time soon. Also Flights out of Thailand are likely to become scarce as once repatriating Thai's dry up International Airlines will find it uneconomical to operate so leave whilst you can

11 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

I don’t think that there is any chance that they will NOT give us at least 2 weeks grace period to leave the country. 

In former situations when people had to leave ….they gave at least 7 day's , so for now  I am sure they would give a good number of day's.... unless they can find the overstay is origin before this Virus pandemic , as they find some so foreigner now an then 

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

12 months. But I need to do the 90 days report.

I have honestly never heard of a 12 month spouse visa being issued anywhere that allows entry and doing 90 day reports that's why I'm asking.

When did you get it and how much was it in Euro?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

.............Embassies have made it perfectly clear that they better things to do than bow to Thailand's last century bureaucracy and issue letters.

Ain't that the truth.

Any process that requires action of another's national embassy should be non-starter.  

But what do I know.....

3 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

welcome the idea to be 28 days in quarantine per 90 days ?

14 days in other country + 14 in thailand

plus the 100.000 uds insurance cover . so what about the asian workers from bordering countries or is it different for them 

4 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Why do you need border runs if you have a valid visa? 

Why do you need to exit?

Non-B Multi Entry with 90 day max stay per stamp, can only extend to 1 year "no bounce" once you have 4 thai employees. You can do the math on how much that costs, and consider whether or not the economic crisis from Covid would have affected your ability to hire said people.

Imagine opening up a brand new business and being granted a visa in March - but needing to have 3 months of SSF payments and 4 thai employees before being able to get the extension.

There are plenty of reasons why it's simpler to do a border run than to jump through those impossible hoops - Thailand is not just tourist visa backpackers and old retired bar drinkers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kadilo said:

You would hope you could get it extended at the Thai Embassy where you reside, but I’m not holding my breath. 

As of 14 July 13:00BST London Embassy still showing

image.png.1a30cceb45e794dd3403462cbf4dedef.png

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

Thailand and thai should worry about what they wish for because they should learn farang got a choice where they go Thais havent at choice who come to Thailand so if they dont want farang it will not effect tourist where they got so many choices in picking  what country they can travel to so  ban them for 6 months and let see who suffing I am sure farang will not suffing not coming to thailand Thais will suffer like they never see suffing before farang will be sitting on a sunny beach spending there in money in another country and what will Thais be doing 100% suffing 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, crazykopite said:

This has happened to my wife who is stuck in the U.K. i was getting different messages from my local IO however when I renewed my extension of stay a few weeks ago the iO told me that my wife would now have to apply for a O visa in the U.K. and upon arriving back she would then re apply for her retirement visa as my dependent . Trouble is getting the $100,000 insurance policy as well as the fit to fly certificate on top of this she would then have to pay for 14 days quarantine in some flea pit hotel that the Thai government have approved so reluctantly I have told her to stay in the U.K. in the meantime I am trying to sell our beach villa or if I can’t rent it out long term through a reputable agency and return to Europe to join her for at least a year in the hope that things improve.

One bit of comfort as regards the insurance for your wife (if she has a UK address) may be found here:

43 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I have honestly never heard of a 12 month spouse visa being issued anywhere that allows entry and doing 90 day reports that's why I'm asking.

When did you get it and how much was it in Euro?

Really? Nearly every married foreigner has it. You can get it at every embassy and consulate. I forgot the price. Got it 4.5 years ago. A plus is that you only need 400k on your bank account instead 800k. The rest is easy to google.

5 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

Really? Nearly every married foreigner has it. You can get it at every embassy and consulate. I forgot the price. Got it 4.5 years ago. A plus is that you only need 400k on your bank account instead 800k. The rest is easy to google.

I would love to see a photo of it, the visa, with your own details blacked out of course.

4 hours ago, RubbaJohnny said:

in none of over 30 nations I have worked and lived is there such poor policy, tramsparency, consistency and implementation.

Then you know already where to go till end of month? 

1 hour ago, Zikomat said:

I don’t think that there is any chance that they will NOT give us at least 2 weeks grace period to leave the country (after 31 of July).

Today you have two weeks to leave. 

Why you want two more? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sotsira said:

What about all the expats who are currently outside of Thailand when the borders closed 

and can't return to renew their extension of stay based on marriage/retiremant?

What will be required for them to re-enter if their current extensions expired during 

the lockdown?

With the Thai Embassy not answering their phones, how are they supposed to return??

I won't hold my breath............it's as clear as mud.

I left Thailand early March so I could get another 1-year on my visa. Still here in Philippines visa expired end of June. So... good luck! I am giving up on being able to return anytime soon. I am guessing that I will just have to apply for new visa once they decide if they’re going to issue them again. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Doing the 90d either through online ("please contact your Immigration office") or via app ("Message not found") does not work. As usual.

Did my on-line 90-day report yesterday using the Immigration 90-day reporting website.  Took me 5 minutes and received approval with next appointment date within 30 minutes.

Attached an on-line 90-day reporting Troubleshooting Guideline, addressing the most common errors you might encounter as well as how to deal with them.

90-day reporting website trouble-shooting.txt

6 hours ago, keith101 said:

What about those like myself who need to exit and re enter to do the 90 day report if they haven't opened up the borders ?

I already did a 60 day extension before the amnesty .

same same

1 hour ago, Zikomat said:

Are you on Non Immigrant O Multiple Entry Visa? Don’t ask me how I know this.

Yes , I used the pronouns "us" and "we" after all, when describing my views.

I notice that you responded with a "confused" emoji to my original post. I am not sure what there is to be confused about - I thought it was perfectly clear!

Edited by herfiehandbag