Pheu Thai chief strategist demands answers about lax control over Egyptian military mission

webfact

Pheu Thai chief strategist demands answers about lax control over Egyptian military mission

14-Sudarat.jpg

Photo from Sudarat Keyuraphan’s Facebook

The opposition Pheu Thai Party’s chief strategist, Khunying Sudarat Keyuraphan, has accused the Government of lowering its guard when it allowed an Egyptian military mission to enter and stay in Thailand without being monitored or quarantined. A member of the mission was later found to be infected with COVID-19, after the group had already left the country.

In her Facebook post today, Khunying Sudarat said this latest incident, which has caused public alarm, especially in the eastern province of Rayong, was the latest in a series of blunders committed by government agencies, which have contributed to the spread of the contagion and serious damage to the economy.

She cited the holding of boxing matches, by the Army Welfare Department, on March 6th at the Lumpini boxing stadium in a Bangkok suburb, which was in clear violation of the Cabinet resolution banning any activities which draw people together in an enclosed space.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pheu-thai-chief-strategist-demands-answers-about-lax-control-over-egyptian-military-mission/

thaipbs.jpg
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

Still no answer on why they were allowed to come here in the first place and probably never will be. Glad I have not gone shopping any where near Rayong.

They were allowed into Thailand on a refueling stop twice, whilst on one stop they took the opportunity to disregard quarantine/self isolation and go shopping with the locals !

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

They were allowed into Thailand on a refueling stop twice, whilst on one stop they took the opportunity to disregard quarantine/self isolation and go shopping with the locals !

i think the refueling stop lie has been put to rest - it worked for awhile.  the official word now is they were approved for a 3 night stay.

More than 30 Egyptian Air Force members were allowed to enter Thailand on July 8 for three nights, and one of them tested positive on Monday.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2020 at 3:03 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't remember that anybody from PT complained when their criminal leaders escaped the Thai law...

Of course not that is how it works.. protect your own criminals and mistakes and only go after the others. I mean they had a murderer MP in their party and the goverment has a drug smuggler. Both sides protect their own and attack the others. 

None of them can claim moral high ground.

I liked future forward.. too bad the idiots of the junta disbanded them. 

• Like 1