What does this say? - Someone's Work permit.

Hello, everyone.

I know someone living (it seems) in Thailand. He doesn't seem like a bad guy, but he somehow has some enemies in the expat communities, and a few days ago, he claimed that somebody who is jealous called police to arrest him for staying in Thailand illegally.

On his SNS, he claimed that he now has his 'work permit' which makes him a legal resident in the Kingdom, and he posted the picture of his work permit as an evidence.

It was interesting to see, as I was also wondering how he managed to stay in Thailand for such a long time. (I had some lunch with him several times, and he told me that he's like a digital nomad, and he is not married. (he is also under age of 50)) Thus, the part I was curious to look at, was the "Permitted category of work" and the "condition" section below the "category of work".

1269245279_Whatdoesitsay.png.57af653dc4b93daf69f53d9e6fe92cb2.png

Even though I personally had no trouble with him, it seems his lifestyle hasn't changed that much - and this makes me curious what the work permit on his SNS says.

Can anyone read Thai?  

That's not a work permit.

I can't tell you for certain where this is from, but it's about tax, most likely income tax.

Could possibly be written on an income tax statement or something similar to this.

But it's a generic paragraph which you would find on any such paper, nothing specific to one person.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jackdd said:

That's not a work permit.

I can't tell you for certain where this is from, but it's about tax, most likely income tax.

Could possibly be written on an income tax statement or something similar to this.

But it's a generic paragraph which you would find on any such paper, nothing specific to one person.

Thank you for your answer!

Actually I've posted only a part of his full photo (for his privacy and identity), but when I looked at the full version it did seem like a work permit. (I admit that I don't know how the official work permit looks like)

On his other photos, he posted a blue book (similar to passport)  claiming it's the cover of work permit, and one of his photos shows "Permitted category of work" in English, above the Thai language I posted above.

I might add some other photos later, but I'm surprised that it might not be a work permit. 

In fact, it is possible that this is not a work permit as you said.

Thanks again!

Looks to me like it is from a work permit. It says 'General Manager' (ผู้จัดการทั่วไป). Then below that it's just saying it needs evidence of taxes and social insurance payments. 

Edited by KhaoNiaw
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Looks to me like it is from a work permit. It says 'General Manager' (ผู้จักการทั่วไป). Then below that it's just saying it needs evidence of taxes and social insurance payments. 

My Thai employee confirms:

General Manager

Please show evidence of your income tax payments ภ.ง.ด. 90 or 91
Please show evidence of your social security payments.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

All sections in my work permit were also written in both Thai and English:

Oh, wow, Thanks for your photo!

His version had "Conditions" section right below the "Permitted category of work" section, but it might be because his work permit is from a different province (or it might be because his work permit is very new - In fact, when I looked at the  full photo, I found that his work permit was issued just a few weeks ago, and I was surprised by the fact that the government still issues new work permits these days)

Again, I really appreciate your photo!

29 minutes ago, timendres said:

My Thai employee confirms:

General Manager

Please show evidence of your income tax payments ภ.ง.ด. 90 or 91
Please show evidence of your social security payments.

39 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Looks to me like it is from a work permit. It says 'General Manager' (ผู้จัดการทั่วไป). Then below that it's just saying it needs evidence of taxes and social insurance payments. 

Thanks a lot, Mr. timendres, and KhaoNiaw. I now got some idea what it says, thanks to you!

Thank you for your help again, everyone.

Edited by Zacuzzi

This topic is bordering on privacy infringements and you are discussing a third-party's permission to stay and work conditions on an open forum (without their permission).

This topic is therefore closed.

/Closed.

• Like 1