All flights from Egypt to be barred from landing in Thailand

webfact

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

And Thailand has not already punished its own citizens by shutting down tourism and the economic train that fed most of them.  Thailand never once bitched about the dams built by the Chinese that caused the droughts incurred by the Thai farmers, but then I digress.  They always act rashly and have cut off there noses to spite there own faces in a statement of FACE.  Government officials here should do what they do in Japan and just finish themselves off the diplomatic way like a Samurai would do when they screwed up....

Sorry for my ignorance but which dams in China caused drought in Thailand? As far as I know, Yangtze River don't flow into Thailand

Edited by EricTh

17 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

Probably the firing squads are already lined up for the soldier for when he returns to Egypt. 

I'd think the opposite.  This wasn't any ordinary soldier, I'd bet a colonel at his age, not a newby for sure.

Most likely a military intelligence officer of high rank or bagman.

I wonder what place this infected Egyptians is at now?  Is he being given a

medal for his careless... actions in Thailand.  If the jerk is in a hospital with

a tube down his throat, Good..  Oh I do not feel sick so I will go shopping

in Thailand.  Sounds like the attitude of so many people in many places

of the world, especially the USA until maybe the last day or so.

Geezer

1 hour ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I wonder what place this infected Egyptians is at now?  Is he being given a

medal for his careless... actions in Thailand.  If the jerk is in a hospital with

a tube down his throat, Good..  Oh I do not feel sick so I will go shopping

in Thailand.  Sounds like the attitude of so many people in many places

of the world, especially the USA until maybe the last day or so.

Geezer

I don't know if you have ever worked in Egypt or not but the attitude of many of them in the O&G field has to be experienced to be believed.

Especially some who have gone to the M place. 

We had one who ( junior engineer ) returned and suddenly had forgotten everyone's first name and just used 'you, you' when starting to speak to anyone. He also decided that we had no right to tell him or ask him to do anything as before. He also insisted on being called Haaji and we couldn't use his original name.

He couldn't be sacked or relocated so basically walked around doing nothing if he bothered to come to work at all.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, rkidlad said:
19 hours ago, webfact said:

Deputy Army Commander-in-Chief, General Nataphol Narkpanich, in his capacity as deputy chief of the committee to consider the easing of lockdown restrictions, said today (Tuesday) that the CCSA’s subcommittee will propose that the Government bar the landing of all flights from Egypt for the time being

You have set rules and guidelines and you have an emergency decree. The onus isn't on guests doing tests and going into quarantine, etc. It's your job to ensure they do or you send them packing if they don't.

Abso-<deleted>'-lutely! What a weak, sloping shouldered, back-pedaling finger-point from the Deputy Army Commander-in-Chief of Ridiculous Ass-covering and Weak Excuses, General Nataphol Narkpanich.

Mind you, back in the UK, when government people and family members get caught flaunting their own rules, these rules suddenly become 'advisory' whereas for the lesser entitled, these edicts are couched in the terms of stern warnings replete with a threat of being punished by law.

On 7/14/2020 at 3:36 PM, rkidlad said:

Didn't these people take a day trip to China? 

Yes

So therefore broke the rules twice

And they had been hopping around South Asia before landing in U-Tapoa. Their last place of visit was, I believe, Pakistan, with 2 or 3 more Countries before that.

This flight was not direct from Egypt.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Yes

And they had been hopping around South Asia before landing in U-Tapoa. Their last place of visit was, I believe, Pakistan, with 2 or 3 more Countries before that.

They were probably picking up military personnel or cargo from different countries.

11 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Yes

Egypt-Pakistan-Thailand-China and back

that string is of concern

next the question of why they were not quarantined