Govt condemned for putting people’s lives at risk for comfort of ‘privileged’ foreigners

snoop1130

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Administration (CCSA), the Army and the government for allowing Covid-19 patients to enter the country just because they are privileged.

Hi-so rules should not apply .......!!!!!!

• Like 2

Just now, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Same here in Thai education. Up to 3/4ths of the class often just refuses to do the work. They're repeatedly told to it, they nod and give a thumbs up. They still don't do it. They continue this behavior knowing full well that when the term ends, they'll still be passed.

Nothing to do with the article. Where is the virus connection?

I can't agree more. This <deleted> infuriated me! Here they've got the problem under control and if they're not careful one outbreak can spread like wildfire again.

The fact that Rayong is so close to us here in Pattaya made matters even worse.

Make diplomats go through the same protocols as everyone else or be prepared for the problem to rear its ugly head again.

Thailand has done a marvelous job of putting the lid on this thing. Don't let us down now!

Edited by brucegoniners
  • Like 2

Anyone hear about a Covid case this week at a Condo on Soi 26 involving an ambassador and his family?  My wife said there was something in Thai news that involved visits to parks and malls and the youngest daughter now in hospital with Covid. 

1 minute ago, Kurtsie said:

Anyone hear about a Covid case this week at a Condo on Soi 26 involving an ambassador and his family?  My wife said there was something in Thai news that involved visits to parks and malls and the youngest daughter now in hospital with Covid. 

Already covered in the news reports on this site.  Daughter of the Sudanese ambassador...

14 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

It is much less a foreign privilege problem...and much more an incompetent Thai problem..."all" people entering the country "must" be tested and quarantined to assure the highest level of protection. 

Confining quarantined foreigners to state run institutions conjures up images of a state run penal colony...

I can just envision tourists clamoring to participate!

I'd be interested to know what alternative to systematic quarantine you'd have to propose? 

Right now, any form of international tourism simply means death, most of the Thais have already accepted this fact. I have seen some desperation amongst the girls at Nana and Cowboy, they come to the "office" right now but they can sense that the writing is on the wall. The government must come up with a plan to redeploy this workforce, otherwise unrest is on the way.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, robblok said:

Its the same the world over do you really think the UK royal family would have to go through the same stuff you would ? Same goes for the Dutch royals and Trump ect. 

Except For Trump who has to display his superiority and lack of human decency, I expect Royalty to be considerate of the people of foreign nations and not place themselves in diplomatic crises by insisting entering countries with disregard to the safety of its citizens health and well being. 

So no, not the same for Royalty.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Its the same the world over do you really think the UK royal family would have to go through the same stuff you would ? Same goes for the Dutch royals and Trump ect. 

UK andDutch royals are smart enough to stay home. As for trump and his entourage they are currently not allowed in Europe or Canada 

14 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Except For Trump who has to display his superiority and lack of human decency, I expect Royalty to be considerate of the people of foreign nations and not place themselves in diplomatic crises by insisting entering countries with disregard to the safety of its citizens health and well being. 

So no, not the same for Royalty.

Exactly the same for Royalty, there were protests in Germany about it. 

• Haha 1

Although Trump should be quarantined from office

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rupert the bear said:

general bimbong phuk a wittapong

???? its a bit  short,needs to  be  longer, the  other side of this is  all the lo so's  long to be hi so's  so they can carry on likewise