Thailand changes entry rules after new COVID-19 cases spark second wave fear

snoop1130

11 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Think this through Thailand. If you stop aircrew from entering Thailand unless they go into quarantine, at a stroke, you will kill all international air traffic into the country. The vast majority of airlines, having arrived into Thailand, need to rest their flight crew for at least 24 to 36 hours  and then fly out. If they can't do this, they can't fly here, because the airlines will not 'double crew' just to save Thailand's ass.     

Dunno... I'm guessing, they CAN do this.... just that the quick turnaround flight crews would be restricted to hotel quarantine facilities, and not be able to go traipsing around town.

But actually, while the Reuters article above talks about the Egyptian guy's case, the changes in entry policy that the article lists don't appear to pertain to air crews at all, and only to diplomats and their families, businessmen and state guests. The Egyptian guy may have been classed as the later, but regular airline crews have their own category for entry. And that isn't mentioned in the OP article.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, unheard said:

They don't have to be quarantined for 14 days.

They only need to be required under a very strict enforcement (if not already implemented) to stay in their quarantined rooms for the duration of their rest.

Really, that is not what the report says, nor what the PM appears to be considering. They <deleted> off the airlines at their peril.  Many are considering cutting flights to and through BKK due to the foot dragging and intransigence of the Thai government, including my ex employers.  

Just now, unheard said:

I don't see anything in the article that would make airlines to reconsider their schedules.

My wife has just been reading a report on a Thai website that says aircrew may become subject to additional restrictions, if implemented by the PM, who is considering such a move.  Lets hope he sees sense. . 

6 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

My wife has just been reading a report on a Thai website that says aircrew may become subject to additional restrictions, if implemented by the PM, who is considering such a move.  Lets hope he sees sense. . 

Even in the pre-virus times some airlines were voicing their concerns regarding their crews neglecting and not abiding by the resting schedules.

I don't see a problem if it's now strictly enforced.

They should be resting instead of shopping non-stop.

Edited by unheard

A post containing a link to a news article from a source that does not permit this forum to allow such has been removed, along with a reply.

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

Does this mean no more trips to Happiness?

May be they have to accept the fact, that they can not hold on to their Sunny Boy images and satisfy all factions.

This situations requires some balls and not peanuts, Brain and not Ego. Wish the Charlatans would disappear like the Egyptian.

• Confused 1

Prayuth forget to tell that the plane carried Thai's from the Middle East with also 14 Thai infections.

As for foreigners even if they open the borders the Europeans will not come and South America, the US and as well the Mideast are in a mess which leaves only ASEAN countries and East Asia which have seen spikes.

Keeping the border closed might be the best option but my guess Prayuth soon will announce foreigners with Thai wifes or children are not permitted to come back.

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Coronavirus tests given to those who may have been exposed to the two cases.

The exact malls and schools were finally discovered by social media posters. "Rayong" and "Asoke" didn't narrow it down much. 

The government knows the infected's whereabouts. I wonder how many have been notified via the supposed COVID tracker system ... After all, this was the stated purpose! ????????????????

• Like 1