Udon thani Marriage extension requirements

Several question for the knowledgable visa experts on here.  Bit long so bear with me.

Residing in Udon and would like to apply for extension based on marriage for Non-imm O multiple from HOCHIMINH valid until July 15 2020.  I am currently on amnesty.

I understand  marriage extension document requirements are as follows:

1. - TM 7 Application.
  2. - 2 Photo (4 x 6 cm).
  3. - Copy of passport, main page, visa, TM 6 arrival / departure card.
  4. - Copy of marriage certificate.
  5. - Copy of Kor Ror 2 from Amphur office.
  6. - Copy of house registration (blue book / tabien baan).
  7. - Copy of wifes ID card.
  8. - Map location of house, hand drawn. 
  9. - Photo's of marriage / at house / in front of house
  10. - 1900 Baht to pay for visa. 
  11. - Letter from bank to prove 400,000 Baht in bank for at least 3 months. / 40000 baht transffered for 2 months.

I read offices have different ways of interpreting rules, or additional rules. Does anyone know of Udon Thani's extra or different rules? ( e.g. requiring two witnesses? )

I recently received Affidavit / written statement of income from my investments from Canadian consulate in Bangkok.  Do all offices accept this, will they ask for proof of that income coming into Thailand?  I transfer money in with transfer wise so  i do not have international incoming transfers.  Does this document need to be translated?  Does this need to be 'authenticated' by Chang Wattana office? 

Regarding photos, Picture of house, Picture inside living room.  Is a picture inside the bedroom area really required (or appropriate).?

Thanks much in advance.

11 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

You need a wife, always best to take her along, no copy necessary.

Thanks  for that John, planning to take the wife.  Just assumed to bring copy of her documents as well.  Not copying her, one is enough.

Edited by oldmanstan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wasn't taking the pissssss, she needs to sign the documents as well in front of them.

The witness part ( one ) doesn't start until they have accepted your application and then they will visit your house and talk to your witness.

Edited by OneeyedJohn
  • Like 1

Completed my marriage extension in Jan at Udon, documents they required not on your list:

Two copies of everything

Original Marriage Certificate  (returned)

Kor Ror 5  (wife’s name change)

Yellow Book

One witness at time of application at Immigration with copies of their ID card and Blue book

Three pictures,  one in living room, one in bed room,  and one outside house showing house number.

During house visit they require another witness with copy of ID and House Book.

Used the money in bank sowas not asked where it came from, only checked to make sure it was deposited for 2 months.

In the past I used the income method with Embassy letter and was not questioned and they accepted it in English.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tango sierra said:

Completed my marriage extension in Jan at Udon, documents they required not on your list:

Two copies of everything

Yellow Book

One witness at time of application at Immigration with copies of their ID card and Blue book

Three pictures,  one in living room, one in bed room,  and one outside house showing house number.

Used the money in bank sowas not asked where it came from, only checked to make sure it was deposited for 2 months.

In the past I used the income method with Embassy letter and was not questioned and they accepted it in English.

Hope this helps

Thanks @tango sierra, that is helpful.  I was reading conflicting reports about the witness and income method with letter from embassy wrt UD IO.  Did they ask for supporting bank statement / tax returns to go along with the that letter from embassy?  Did you need that letter from embassy certified at chang watanna?

Edited by oldmanstan

1 hour ago, northsouthdevide said:

Updated bank book may be required in addition to letter. 

Bankbook is revolving 20-30k every couple weeks whenever i transfer using Transfer wise.   It doesnt show international transfer.  That is why I will attempt with embassy letter.

1 hour ago, oldmanstan said:

One more question for any one reading (maybe @ubonjoe).  I am living in Udon but live closer to Nong Bua.  Can we use Nong Bua Immigration or you have to live in same ampur?

If are living in Udon province you have to it at the office there.

The offices are designated by province.

• Like 1

Add;  picture in bedroom of both husband and wife.

You will pay 1900B and an "additional" 3000B to have an immigration officer come visit your home place of residence) to verify the map of location of residence is correct, the will take additional photos, and then obtain two Thai nationals signature (can be family of neighbors) that you and your wife live together.

3 hours ago, How2 said:

Add;  picture in bedroom of both husband and wife.

You will pay 1900B and an "additional" 3000B to have an immigration officer come visit your home place of residence) to verify the map of location of residence is correct, the will take additional photos, and then obtain two Thai nationals signature (can be family of neighbors) that you and your wife live together.

There is no additional fee for the visit of immigration officers to your house.

Refreshments are appreciated by the visitors.

There is no need to have 2 Thai neighbours, 1 is enough.

They may take pictures, they did not when they came to see us, they didn’t even come to our house but we had lunch with them in the nearby town.

all of the information above specifically applies to Udon immigration.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

20 hours ago, oldmanstan said:

Regarding photos, Picture of house, Picture inside living room.  Is a picture inside the bedroom area really required (or appropriate).?

Yes it is required, it is listed on the leaflet they can give you

20 hours ago, oldmanstan said:

I recently received Affidavit / written statement of income from my investments from Canadian consulate in Bangkok.  Do all offices accept this, will they ask for proof of that income coming into Thailand?  I transfer money in with transfer wise so  i do not have international incoming transfers.  Does this document need to be translated?  Does this need to be 'authenticated' by Chang Wattana office? 

You cannot choose your proof of income. As you are Canadian you must use the embassy letter, you can not use the foreign bank transfer proof.

English documents from the embassy are accepted without translation or Authentication.

all of the information above specifically applies to Udon immigration.

9 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:
18 hours ago, tango sierra said:

Two copies of everything

Yellow Book

The yellow book and copies are not required 

The Kor Ror 5  (wife’s name change) depends on the date of your marriage and if your wife changed her name. My wife changed her name but as we married before 2008 it is documented in the KR2 there is no KR5 available to us.

all of the information above specifically applies to Udon immigration.

3 hours ago, How2 said:

You will pay 1900B and an "additional" 3000B to have an immigration officer come visit your home place of residence

I would like to know if that was an Udon Thani Immigration "requirement" and which officer "required" it? Also, did you get a receipt for both expenses?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, oldmanstan said:

Residing in Udon and would like to apply for extension based on marriage for Non-imm O multiple from HOCHIMINH valid until July 15 2020.  I am currently on amnesty.

You may have to get a 60 day extension to visit your wife as you currently do not have an in date permission to stay stamp before you can apply for your 1 year extension.

Some offices will allow an application for a 1 year extension while on amnesty, some offices will refuse all extensions while on amnesty, some offices will allow a 30 or 60 day extension then a 1 year extension. It is not clear (no reports) which Udon is doing. 

This week the brown envelope brigade will get you a 90 day visa if you pay enough money, they/she says not next week.

all of the information above specifically applies to Udon immigration.

I just went through this process a couple of day ago.. I think you have it right..  note.. when transferring with TW you have to choose a reason in a drop down box.. if you use the last option..'transferring for visa' it shows as an international transfer..  The account must be in your name only.. but.. the account I have is in my name but needs 2 signatures to withdraw.. this enables my wife to access the money if anything happens to me.. Bangkok Bank.. When you apply you will get a 90 day extension.. you can apply for your 1 year during last 30 days .. this gives you time to season your 400K Bt for the required 2 months.. Your passbook must be updated on the day you apply.. and a certificate from the bank on same day.  It was easy to do.  2 photos outside your house and 2 inside.. they weren't too fussy... no bedroom shots.. One outside must have address of the property in view (so they can find you)...we just made a sign on an A4 paper with a marker pen.. it was accepted... I did a screen shot from Google Earth for the map and that was accepted.. Go as soon as you can.. it takes 2 weeks for the visa to be approved (here anyway).. and no doubt it will get busy as we approach the end of the month.. good luck..  PS.. 2,000 Bt.. no request for extra.. 

Edited by Laza 45
added information

1 hour ago, MagnumForce said:

Which brown envelope brigade in Udon Thani are you referring to? 

Agents 

I don’t know the details of agent fees or large brown envelopes. You have to be the one to decide if either is worth it in your circumstances, I hold no opinion, I neither condemn nor condone.

2 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

..not in Kalasin.. no request for panoramic either.. 

The thread is not about Kalasin, it is specifically about Udon Thani immigration so your post is irrelevant.

It is well known that different offices have different requirements.

1 hour ago, Laza 45 said:

I just went through this process a couple of day ago.. I think you have it right..  note.. when transferring with TW you have to choose a reason in a drop down box.. if you use the last option..'transferring for visa' it shows as an international transfer.. 

Only read about this option a few days back, emailed them and they set it up on my account the same day.  Good to know for future reference.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

This week the brown envelope brigade will get you a 90 day visa if you pay enough money, they/she says not next week.

The reason I asked which brown envelope brigade in Udon Thani are you referring to, is because you seem to be aware of some particular agent saying they/she can get a 90-day visa "this week", but "not next week".

Are you, in fact, referring to one particular agent in Udon Thani who has actually said this you? As I am considering the use of an agent, but have been waiting for an official announcement from the government about the amnesty, I am quite concerned by "they/she says not next week". Please PM me, if you would prefer not to name names publicly. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, MagnumForce said:

The reason I asked which brown envelope brigade in Udon Thani are you referring to, is because you seem to be aware of some particular agent saying they/she can get a 90-day visa "this week", but "not next week".

Are you, in fact, referring to one particular agent in Udon Thani who has actually said this you? As I am considering the use of an agent, but have been waiting for an official announcement from the government about the amnesty, I am quite concerned by "they/she says not next week". Please PM me, if you would prefer not to name names publicly. 

Thanks!

I don’t know the details of agent fees or large brown envelopes. You have to be the one to decide if either is worth it in your circumstances, I hold no opinion, I neither condemn nor condone.

I have a reasonably comprehensive knowledge of the official immigration department extensions and Udon specific requirements 

I have heard reports, the information I have is in this thread. I do not have any other information about activities that are not completely legal. I have not talked to, or have any other information from or about, anyone offering less than completely legal services. 

I am aware that agents exist. You need to investigate further if you are unable to fulfill the regular conditions. I can suggest your best, aboveboard, action if I know your exact status, you are welcome to PM it to me if you want.

I do not know if you can get an extension of 30, 60 or 90 days from udon immigration during the amnesty period. I have not heard of anyone under the amnesty trying for one of those extensions, it has been suggested (From Udon immigration officials) that you may be able to get one. If you can then a 1 year extension should be simple.

My advice has been (Is) that anyone who has a valid permission to stay and wishes to stay in Thailand should get a long term extension. 

Anyone who has allowed themselves to go into the amnesty period who wants to stay in Thailand Long term is a gambler. Most gamblers loose.

TIT YMMV in Udon you could be lucky