IO told me Visa Amnesty = overstay today refused conversion to Retirement without 29,500 "VIP" service!

3 minutes ago, MagnumForce said:

LOL good one!

You have got to tell us which office this was in. Udon Thani, by any chance?

I don't want to say because, yes, I may end up taking the deal because of the unique situation in the world today.

It wasn't Udon Thani though. I'll leave it at that.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WuhanVagabond said:

What "papers in order"? THe IO claimed Visa Amnesty = overstay and excludes one from consideration for other visas. This is clearly untrue; so I don't see why you think this is a "benefit" to me. 

I was stunned it was right in the open with all the non-uniformed workers right there. I thought this kind of thing was more on the down low. I mean, they were literally funneling people to this IO.

Stop complaining. Pay the money or make arrangements to leave. You can't have it both ways.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WuhanVagabond said:

I don't want to say because, yes, I may end up taking the deal because of the unique situation in the world today.

It wasn't Udon Thani though. I'll leave it at that.

pay or look for better ...  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WuhanVagabond said:

What "papers in order"? THe IO claimed Visa Amnesty = overstay and excludes one from consideration for other visas. This is clearly untrue; so I don't see why you think this is a "benefit" to me. 

I was stunned it was right in the open with all the non-uniformed workers right there. I thought this kind of thing was more on the down low. I mean, they were literally funneling people to this IO.

stop whinging and accept it or look another IO elsewhere.  Your complaining because you couldn't beat the system.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, elephant45 said:

Quite a well written "STORY"........sounds to good to be true

Implication being that I, what, made it up? 

Seems from the snarky responses that this is no surprise and that I'm a ****** for thinking there was anything wrong with it, that I'm the one in the wrong because I'm still here on a tourist visa and that I should pay it and be thankful if I want to stay, leave if I don't, and shut up in either case.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WuhanVagabond said:

He'll either ignore you reply or call you a liar. UdonJoe said the same as you; but I'm punching bag here for thinking I could do the same and for not being thankful that I a corrupt IO wants 30.000 baht for what cost you 2.000.

A warm welcome to Thaivisa.

you're a tourist, right?

go be a tourist in bangkok.

get your 800k deposited.

apply for a non-o at CW.

• Like 2

Being serious have these guys and girls not had long enough on overstay already. Thais have been incredibly generous in my opinion but now its time to get legal or get out by the 31st

Nobody can claim that there was no flights outbound....

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Being serious have these guys and girls not had long enough on overstay already. Thais have been incredibly generous in my opinion but now its time to get legal or get out by the 31st

Nobody can claim that there was no flights outbound....

Which is exactly whayi want to do... as per the rules vs a corrupt IO giving me 1 option- to pay them.

• Like 2

ya needs to have the moneys in the bank when you apply.

no seasonings at that point.

they gives you the 90 stamp, then when you returns,

ya gots 90 days of seasonings.

when ya sets up your bank in bangkok or elsewise,

make sure ya's able to get both guarantee letters.

one will state the balance, the other will confirm the

moneys came from a broad.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Wuhan, you didn't have 800k in the bank ....  seasoned for 2 months .... yet you wanted the immigration officer to work around that.  You wanted him to process your application from a tourist visa to a non-0 based on retirement without everything in place.

Yes. Wuhan, take steven100's advice, go get it done. You are running out of time.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Pottinger said:

A 'Pattaya Special' should cost around 15-20k including the visa change, good for 15 months, he's giving you the bum rush.

Any recommendations for an agent/agency, whether in Pattaya or elsewhere?