Jump to content
BANGKOK
pauleddy

Confused again about Ret Ext 29 July

Recommended Posts

My annual date for this is 29 July. I have been with Ret Ex for 10 years.

 

If this is close to the big Day of 31 July, as it is, will I be affected in any way?

 

If there are crowds of stuck expats on 29 July, am I better doing the trip NOW? Is it allowed 3 weeks before? Is it allowed 1 week after, so maybe things are quieter?

 

Does anybody know whether now has shorter lines and/or the stuck expats use a different line to us old fogies?

 

All advice welcomed.

 

Eddy

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do it now.
Your Extension will still be dated the same when it's done. For example, my Extension is due in the first week of June. I always go in during the last week of May to give myself extra time "just in case".
And when it's all done, my new Extension date is the same day in June, next year.

Knowing that there will maybe be a massive rush on 31 July, and that the 31st is a Friday. I'd go well in advance. Like on the 21st/22nd if it were me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pauleddy said:

Many tahnks or tanks to all

 

Did mine on Thursday for the 19th July, in and out in 15 min, pick up of passport next day took 5 min and did my 90 day report took a further 2 min...job done 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/10/2020 at 6:11 AM, ubonjoe said:

You can do it now since you are within the allowed 30 days (45 at some offices). There no after allowance since it would be an overstay.

 

My extension is due in November. However, I'm stuck in the U.S.  I'll go back as soon as it's permitted, but If I can't get back before November is there anything I can do? I've had the visa for well over ten years and I don't want to lose it now. For whatever it's worth my history is spotless. I've never even missed a 90 day check-in. 

Edited by Paradise Pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Paradise Pete said:

 

My extension is due in November. However, I'm stuck in the U.S.  I'll go back as soon as it's permitted, but If I can't get back before November is there anything I can do? I've had the visa for well over ten years and I don't want to lose it now. For whatever it's worth my history is spotless. I've never even missed a 90 day check-in. 

Nothing you can do. You have an annual permission of stay. When that expires you need start over. Best option enter Thailand (long way off) with either visa exempt (if still available) or setv then attend immigration and obtain non O. Prior to its expiry obtain your 12 month POS.

Not nice but not too difficult. I would suggest you do not opt to obtain non O-A in the US.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Nothing you can do. You have an annual permission of stay. When that expires you need start over. Best option enter Thailand (long way off) with either visa exempt (if still available) or setv then attend immigration and obtain non O. Prior to its expiry obtain your 12 month POS.

Not nice but not too difficult. I would suggest you do not opt to obtain non O-A in the US.

@Paradise Pete

Will send you an overview of the options you have in course of tomorrow.

Do let me know whether you are married to a thai National or have thai dependant children, because if so that will provide you with more options.

 

> I normally am always in full sync with DrJack54 on all Immigration&Visa related topics, but - depending on your circumstances - it might still be a very worthwhile option to apply for the 1-year Non Imm O-A (long-stay) Visa in your home-country.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

@Paradise Pete

Will send you an overview of the options you have in course of tomorrow.

Do let me know whether you are married to a thai National or have thai dependant children, because if so that will provide you with more options.

 

> I normally am always in full sync with DrJack54 on all Immigration&Visa related topics, but - depending on your circumstances - it might still be a very worthwhile option to apply for the 1-year Non Imm O-A (long-stay) Visa in your home-country.

 

 

Thanks Peter, I'm not married, I have no Thai children. I currently have a non-o. I'd prefer to keep it, of course, but I'm guessing insurance is going to be a general requirement anyway, so a non O-A would be an alternative if it looks like I won't be able to get back before November.

 

The way this thing is going her in the U.S. I wouldn't be too surprised if US travelers will be the last group to be permitted entry.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to the guys who told me to do this now, to miss the lines (Im still waiting to hear about 90 days. There are 4 opinions on 1 page here).

 

What do I take? Last year I was told to copy every page in my pp, even the white ones---but the IO laughed and trashed most.

 

I know I must get the TM and photo, and go to the bank at 8 30 (??). And PP with some copies. Last year she produced 2 extra bits of paper (about obeying the law I think)...I had never seen these before.

 

Anything else I need? The Alzheimers is genuine and I get it from my Dad. And it's no joke.

 

Eddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I merged your previous topic you did on Friday with this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CW

 

And must I go at o6.00 if the bank opens at 08.30?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, pauleddy said:

What do I take? Last year I was told to copy every page in my pp, even the white ones---but the IO laughed and trashed most.

Passport.

Completed form TM7.

Copies of photo page and any other pages with a Visa or stamps.

Copy of TM6.

Proof of address, such as signed copies of the house owners Tabien Baan and ID card, rental contract.

Map pinpointing house location.

2 x 6x4cm passport photos.

Proof of meeting the financial requirements.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...