Confused again about Ret Ext 29 July

My annual date for this is 29 July. I have been with Ret Ex for 10 years.

If this is close to the big Day of 31 July, as it is, will I be affected in any way?

If there are crowds of stuck expats on 29 July, am I better doing the trip NOW? Is it allowed 3 weeks before? Is it allowed 1 week after, so maybe things are quieter?

Does anybody know whether now has shorter lines and/or the stuck expats use a different line to us old fogies?

All advice welcomed.

Eddy

Do it now.
Your Extension will still be dated the same when it's done. For example, my Extension is due in the first week of June. I always go in during the last week of May to give myself extra time "just in case".
And when it's all done, my new Extension date is the same day in June, next year.

Knowing that there will maybe be a massive rush on 31 July, and that the 31st is a Friday. I'd go well in advance. Like on the 21st/22nd if it were me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pauleddy said:

Many tahnks or tanks to all

Did mine on Thursday for the 19th July, in and out in 15 min, pick up of passport next day took 5 min and did my 90 day report took a further 2 min...job done 

On 7/10/2020 at 6:11 AM, ubonjoe said:

You can do it now since you are within the allowed 30 days (45 at some offices). There no after allowance since it would be an overstay.

My extension is due in November. However, I'm stuck in the U.S.  I'll go back as soon as it's permitted, but If I can't get back before November is there anything I can do? I've had the visa for well over ten years and I don't want to lose it now. For whatever it's worth my history is spotless. I've never even missed a 90 day check-in. 

Edited by Paradise Pete

Just now, Paradise Pete said:

My extension is due in November. However, I'm stuck in the U.S.  I'll go back as soon as it's permitted, but If I can't get back before November is there anything I can do? I've had the visa for well over ten years and I don't want to lose it now. For whatever it's worth my history is spotless. I've never even missed a 90 day check-in. 

Nothing you can do. You have an annual permission of stay. When that expires you need start over. Best option enter Thailand (long way off) with either visa exempt (if still available) or setv then attend immigration and obtain non O. Prior to its expiry obtain your 12 month POS.

Not nice but not too difficult. I would suggest you do not opt to obtain non O-A in the US.

53 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Nothing you can do. You have an annual permission of stay. When that expires you need start over. Best option enter Thailand (long way off) with either visa exempt (if still available) or setv then attend immigration and obtain non O. Prior to its expiry obtain your 12 month POS.

Not nice but not too difficult. I would suggest you do not opt to obtain non O-A in the US.

@Paradise Pete

Will send you an overview of the options you have in course of tomorrow.

Do let me know whether you are married to a thai National or have thai dependant children, because if so that will provide you with more options.

> I normally am always in full sync with DrJack54 on all Immigration&Visa related topics, but - depending on your circumstances - it might still be a very worthwhile option to apply for the 1-year Non Imm O-A (long-stay) Visa in your home-country.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

@Paradise Pete

Will send you an overview of the options you have in course of tomorrow.

Do let me know whether you are married to a thai National or have thai dependant children, because if so that will provide you with more options.

> I normally am always in full sync with DrJack54 on all Immigration&Visa related topics, but - depending on your circumstances - it might still be a very worthwhile option to apply for the 1-year Non Imm O-A (long-stay) Visa in your home-country.

Thanks Peter, I'm not married, I have no Thai children. I currently have a non-o. I'd prefer to keep it, of course, but I'm guessing insurance is going to be a general requirement anyway, so a non O-A would be an alternative if it looks like I won't be able to get back before November.

The way this thing is going her in the U.S. I wouldn't be too surprised if US travelers will be the last group to be permitted entry.

Thanks to the guys who told me to do this now, to miss the lines (Im still waiting to hear about 90 days. There are 4 opinions on 1 page here).

What do I take? Last year I was told to copy every page in my pp, even the white ones---but the IO laughed and trashed most.

I know I must get the TM and photo, and go to the bank at 8 30 (??). And PP with some copies. Last year she produced 2 extra bits of paper (about obeying the law I think)...I had never seen these before.

Anything else I need? The Alzheimers is genuine and I get it from my Dad. And it's no joke.

Eddy

10 hours ago, pauleddy said:

What do I take? Last year I was told to copy every page in my pp, even the white ones---but the IO laughed and trashed most.

Passport.

Completed form TM7.

Copies of photo page and any other pages with a Visa or stamps.

Copy of TM6.

Proof of address, such as signed copies of the house owners Tabien Baan and ID card, rental contract.

Map pinpointing house location.

2 x 6x4cm passport photos.

Proof of meeting the financial requirements.

On 7/11/2020 at 6:56 PM, Paradise Pete said:

I've had the visa for well over ten years and I don't want to lose it now.

On 7/12/2020 at 7:04 PM, Paradise Pete said:

I currently have a non-o.

You don't have a Non O Visa, you had a Non O Visa that expired ten years ago.

That original Non O would have granted you permission of stay for 90 days. For the last 10 years you've been extending that permission of stay (a permit, not a Visa) based on retirement.

If you can't return to Thailand before your current extension expires, then you'll have to start the procedure again. The Thai Embassy/Consulates in the US don't offer the Non O Visa based on retirement.

You can enter Visa exempt (30 days) then apply for a Non O at your local Immigration office, which will grant you a further 90 days. Within the last 30 days of that 90 days, apply for your annual extension again.

I can remember most of that but I have nothing from the owner (evidently his own reasons!!) apart from a handwritten lease 10 years ago which has been mislaid for the past 5. I dont have his ID card either.

However, in dealing with the old office and now CW I have never been asked for those, not even a wifi bill with my house on it. I have never been asked for a house map, either. i can certainly provide a wifi bill in my name. the bank letter i will get at 8.30.

eddy

I can go for Ret Ex tomorrow (Friday) OR wait for Monday or Next Wednesday. Either way I am 2-3 weeks ahead of time.

I am quite busy so any ideas>? people say that Friday at CW is awful. Does the presumed "lack" of regular farangs, and the surfeit of Ozzies waiting for 31 July, mean that there are different queues at CW?

Is it true that the banks open at 06.30 now for your letter?

Why did one guy post that he collected his passport the next day? I have always done the Ret on same day, but it can take 3-4 hours.

Is there an agency that does all this for 5,000b? Can you trust them with your bank book? I walk with a stick, so any ideas are useful.

Eddy

On 7/15/2020 at 7:29 AM, Tanoshi said:

Passport.

Completed form TM7.

Copies of photo page and any other pages with a Visa or stamps.

Copy of TM6.

Proof of address, such as signed copies of the house owners Tabien Baan and ID card, rental contract.

Map pinpointing house location.

2 x 6x4cm passport photos.

Proof of meeting the financial requirements.

Would someone who has just done extension of Non O-A based on retirement, that this list is complete and no TM30 anymore? And proof of financial requirements the same as last year -- copies of bank book pages showing seasoned 800,000 over the course of one year and letter from Bangkok Bank downstairs?

THANKS AGAIN JOE. I made the appointment for next week and printed the email.

There seems to be no need for a 90-day yet, as they have blocked it on the form I just used.

90 day---I havent been doing them (online) and I am technically 1 month over now. But nobody warned me to do the 90 day yet (except to save time later?)

Im still confused about leases and house maps: I have never been asked for these at CW nor at the old place. Maybe they applied to the guy who posted the list above because his IO wants them.

Pauleddy

41 minutes ago, pauleddy said:

Im still confused about leases and house maps: I have never been asked for these at CW nor at the old place. Maybe they applied to the guy who posted the list above because his IO wants them.

They do want a map at CW now. But if you have applied there before the will not ask for proof of residence that is the lease.

20 hours ago, david_je said:

Would someone who has just done extension of Non O-A based on retirement, that this list is complete and no TM30 anymore? And proof of financial requirements the same as last year -- copies of bank book pages showing seasoned 800,000 over the course of one year and letter from Bangkok Bank downstairs?

No need to do a TM30 now unless you obtain a new Visa.

Same financial requirements + Health Insurance for the O-A extension.

I obtained my Ret Ex yesterday. CW.

BEWARE that the SCB CW bank is closed. The nearest one is In Chulaborn Hospital. I lost my place in the line and WARNING 2: the IO stops giving final signature at 11.59 (after all the paperwork and money is done). Meaning we went to the foodhall just because they couldnt be bothered to sign off the completed product.

nb also that nobody at CW wanted to see my Health Insurance at all.

Yes Joe, they do want a map now. My friend drew a scrappy one of kindergarten standard but nobody refused it. Lord knows why. The local police or Google Maps, or even a drone, could find the house.

They didnt want my Landlord's ID card etc. Nor the lease.

EDDY