Thailand's AIS says Huawei among five companies tendering to build 5G core networks

snoop1130

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

stay mindful of any security issues.

Hilarious, they couldnt  stop expats  info being leaked out thru immigration a  few  years  back, they cant stop Egyptians coming in and wandering freely and   still run widnows xp copies for many things, yeah I  feel safe. Heck they cant even wear helmets or seatbelts

3 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

AIS does not have a contract with Huawei for this project.

Thaivisa-posters-not-paying-attention all the way!

Taken from the article:

"AIS announced last week a partnership with Huawei to sell 5G smartphones by the Chinese company."

Looks like a contract to me! 

What was you saying about? "Thaivisa-posters-not-paying-attention all the way!"????????

Edited by Patts
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Huawei has been removed from the UK 5G project from 2027.

Think you will find the term used is "By" not "From" 2027, that one word could make several years of difference.

What was you saying earlier: Thaivisa-posters-not-paying-attention all the way! LOL

Sorry couldn't help it

• Sad 1

on the plus side Huawei equipment is usually dirt cheap and of high quality. The software can be an issue sometimes, but that can always be upgraded. If Huawei can't make it better themselves the Chinese government will steal a better version from a competitor.

on the down side buying Huawei equipment basically means you are forever opening your kimono to the Chinese government 

so, up to the Thai government. My preference would be Ericsson and Samsung

1 hour ago, Patts said:

Think you will find the term used is "By" not "From" 2027, that one word could make several years of difference.

What was you saying earlier: Thaivisa-posters-not-paying-attention all the way! LOL

Sorry couldn't help it

From 2027 Huawei will no longer be involved in the project, is a fact and accurate.  Up until that date they will be.   Thaivisa-posters-not-paying-attention all the way...again.

1 hour ago, Patts said:

Taken from the article:

"AIS announced last week a partnership with Huawei to sell 5G smartphones by the Chinese company."

Looks like a contract to me!

A contract to sell handsets is not a contract to build 5G networks and the latter is what the thread and my comment was about.   Thaivisa-posters-not-paying-attention all the way.

Edited by Bob A Kneale

1 hour ago, Bob A Kneale said:

From 2027 Huawei will no longer be involved in the project, is a fact and accurate.  Up until that date they will be.   Thaivisa-posters-not-paying-attention all the way...again.

Don't try to twist things, in your original post you wrote:

"Huawei has been removed from the UK 5G project from 2027."

In the official news it says: "The UK will remove Huawei from its 5G network By 2027,"

"From" 2027 and "by" 2027 are two very different things

Bob A Kneale - not-paying-attention all the way...again!????

1 hour ago, Bob A Kneale said:

A contract to sell handsets is not a contract to build 5G networks and the latter is what the thread and my comment was about.   Thaivisa-posters-not-paying-attention all the way.

Please read my original post. I never said "contract to build 5G networks", I said: "AIS decision and contract with Huawei" Decision was referring to the 5G network and contract referring to the smart phone partnership. 

Bob A Kneale - not-paying-attention all the way. ????

22 hours ago, MobileContent said:

He is Singaporean and trust me Singtel (Government owned GLC) in Singapore dumped Huawei and on the end the deal goes to Samsung and Ericsson. As for the handsets of Singtel Huawei can get them. Its all about geo politics and Singapore government has always been on the side of the winners and China can't win it.

Singtel also has shares in many other mobile operators including Airtel in India, Telkomsel in Indonesia and they both move towards the West. As for Thailand's CP Group that owns True Mobile will use Huawei for sure as otherwise their business in China will be dead. DTAC which is owned in part by Telenor will use Ericson and Nokia. Thailand has been long time close to the West but you can say they are part of the Chinese group since Prayuth came to power. 

The next two years will be interesting but countries like Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Laos are already in the bed with China and Thailand got to be very careful on their next move. 

All very valid. However, you left off the impact of the US sanctions. It will be difficult for Thailand to manage the related technology sanctions. And the reality is that other western countries are  backing the USA on this one, especially now that Hong Kong is being consumed.

20 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

You forget Thaksin has his roots in China.

T. was doing fine, to begin with; with the 30 baht scheme. MY friend just had a cancerous a mammasectomy for 30 baht. The problem with T. going to the dark side only started when those alien ants got in to his brain (ref: Braindead - brilliant satirical tv show).

20 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

USA does the same thing

well said. and if you want to read how souless the US spying agencies are - read what snakes they are with the Assange extradiction process at https://consortiumnews.com/2020/07/15/assange-extradition-one-outrage-after-another-says-a-former-british-ambassador/

11 hours ago, Patts said:
13 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Please read my original post. I never said "contract to build 5G networks", I said: "AIS decision and contract with Huawei" Decision was referring to the 5G network and contract referring to the smart phone partnership. 

Bob A Kneale - not-paying-attention all the way.

You need to read my comment again, I said, specifically, that a contract to sell handsets was not the contract that this thread is about.