Effect of Lack of Tourists?

ProbPossConf

Just an observation this Tuesday July 14 for anyone who might need the service.

Kasikorn Bank on Thapae Road has demolished the small corner building in their parking lot that use to provide foreign exchange service.

Also a concrete wall was erected which eliminated vehicular traffic, except motorcycles, to the back parking lot.

So if you need to go to Kbank, no foreign exchange (Don't know if they would inside the bank) and very limited parking.

Thapae gate had about 8 tourists feeding the pigeons yesterday. the most  I have seen there for months

many days completely taken over by idle grab motorbikes 

quite a few 7/11's have gone bust around town, Changklan road has lost a few icons like burger king and The Duke

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, piewarmer said:

quite a few 7/11's have gone bust around town,

... and with that a lot of local jobs gone, not forgetting suppliers down the line.  The fallout from global lockdown isn't nice and it's going to get worse before it gets better.   

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Maha Sarakham said:

How does the Old Town look in Chiang Mai?  Nimman and Maya?  Night Markets?

Just curious, I miss Chiang Mai and wish we were there, but I hope it doesn't lose a lot of its restaurants as a result of this pandemic.  

I was in town yesterday... but mostly just a drive through to pick up my niece at school... tourist areas are probably 20% of places open and maybe 5-10% of pedestrian traffic.. so, still pretty quiet and yet the rush hour traffic going out of town on Friday afternoon is still slow going. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, piewarmer said:

Thapae gate had about 8 tourists feeding the pigeons yesterday. the most  I have seen there for months

quite a few 7/11's have gone bust around town, Changklan road has lost a few icons like burger king and The Duke

Wow BK at night bazaar is gone?  Think I ate there once within a decade..overpriced junk.....can get a close enough burger at 7-11 and fresher hotter and more onion rings for 30 bt....guess KFC can take over.......

Think the closure of 7-11s could be a real ideal of how hard its hit CM, as last year a few closed and it just

threw my whole daily life off...as those seem like institutions of LOS..my fav one being across from Suan Dok hospital...a little counter to eat--vendors outside--a bakery--and even a True Move shop inside--1 stop shop!

As far as the TP gate and those damn birds..those diseased rats must be wondering where all the food is????

2 hours ago, Maha Sarakham said:

How does the Old Town look in Chiang Mai?  Nimman and Maya?  Night Markets?

Just curious, I miss Chiang Mai and wish we were there, but I hope it doesn't lose a lot of its restaurants as a result of this pandemic.  

Must be a overstock of mama cups at all 7-11s on Nimman due to lack of chinese...but 3 get 1 free!! Alipay!!!

4 hours ago, piewarmer said:

The folks selling that illegal birdseed may find themselves eating it to get thru this mess, bye bye birdie!!!!

On 7/18/2020 at 4:00 AM, piewarmer said:

I saw a shut down 711 on soi Nana last week at 9pm..seemed like an unusual site at the time..even a first.  Apparently, it is becoming more widespread.