volunteer visa

hello everyone.

I'm (as many other I see), on visa amnesty and last year I had ED visa. Apparently, my only options are overstaying or volunteer visa. I cannot convert from ED to other visa type other than non-O without going out of Thailand (this I've been told by every agent I met). A reputable company offered me a non-O volunteer visa 1 year for 65000THB. The price looks a bit high, but not so far from a yearly fee of an ED visa, extensions included. If I overstayed though, I would pay just 20000 (I'm not so scared of being banned from Thailand as I'm not looking forward to live here long term or coming back anytime soon after the covid panic will be hopefully sorted)

Anyone has experience and knows what is a fair price range (I understand they know we have no option so they can pull the price as much as they want, tough) and most importantly if this volunteer visa is not a scam?

Thanks 

Edited by Bkkolly

36 minutes ago, Bkkolly said:

Anyone has experience and knows what is a fair price range (I understand they know we have no option so they can pull the price as much as they want, tough) and most importantly if this volunteer visa is not a scam?

Of course, these agent acquired volunteer visas are a scam, but one involving highly placed immigration officials. Given the rank of those involved, there is little risk of a crackdown on these visas, but you can expect a high ticket price for the protection.