Jump to content
BANGKOK
Alphim

Covid 19 Insurance Requirements

Recommended Posts

Hi,  I understand that Thai Immigration require people entering the country to have Covid 19 Insurance to the value of $100,000.

My insurance company, in South Africa, says, in email, that my policy includes cover for Covid 19 healthcare services if needed. However it does not state this in the International Travel Benefit accompanying the the policy brochure. my question is will immigration ask for positive stated proof that I am indeed covered.

I also understand that people entering the country, I travel on a multi entry Non O visa, have to go into a dedicated quarantine area. 

What is that area and who pays if it is a hotel? I have a house 30 kms from the airport so could I not stay there?

 

Many thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to comento Bangkok for my sons admission. Do we have to stay 14 days in quarantine even if i have to come back earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Bhawana said:

I have to comento Bangkok for my sons admission. Do we have to stay 14 days in quarantine even if i have to come back earlier.

 

Admission to? (Hospital? University? School?). 

 

If your Son has a Student Visa he can apply at your local Embassy for a Certificate of Entry. He may then be given approval to fly into Thailand on one of the repatriation flights, if there is a seat.

If you have a Marriage Certificate or Work Permit you will be able to apply at your local Embassy for a Certificate of Entry along side him.

 

You will both have to quarantine in a dedicated facility and unable to leave for 14 days.

Your son will not be able to register in person at Uni (if thats what he’s doing) until he’s cleared quarantine.

 

 

 

 

Edited by richard_smith237

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you. He has admission st school

. So both of us has to be quarantined 14 days before he joins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bhawana said:

So both of us has to be quarantined 14 days before he joins.

You do realize that you have to apply for a permission to enter first?

Might take some time to get approved...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, unheard said:
11 minutes ago, Bhawana said:

So both of us has to be quarantined 14 days before he joins.

You do realize that you have to apply for a permission to enter first?

Might take some time to get approved...

 

Exactly that. Your son will have to apply for his Student Visa. You will both have to apply for a Certificate of Entry.

 

Under the current situation there are specific requirements to apply for the Certificate of Entry. 

- A student (12 months of Study, invitation letters etc) - application for CoE and the Student Visa may coincide (I’m guessing). 

- Someone who is married to a Thai (holds a Marriage Certificate)

- Someone holding a Work Permit

 

IF you cannot meet any of the above criteria your application for the Certificate of Entry may be compromised. 

 

The best advise is to e-mail your local Thai Embassy and ask them what is required. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In your situation you should fit into one of these groups:


(6) Non-Thai nationals who are a spouse, parents, or children of a Thai national.

(7) Non-Thai nationals who hold a valid certificate of permanent residency in the Kingdom, or permission to take up residence in the Kingdom

(8) Non-Thai nationals who have work permit or have been granted permission from government agencies to work in the Kingdom, including their spouse or children.

(9) Non-Thai nationals who are students of educational institutions approved by Thai authorities, including the parents or guardians of the students, except for students of non-formal educational institutions under the law on Private schools and  of other similar private educational institutions

 

https://www.caat.or.th/en/archives/51895

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2020 at 5:09 PM, richard_smith237 said:

The requirements in the UK were: 

 

1) Declaration-spouse of Thai

2) Copy of Passport

3) Copy Passport Visa Page

4) Marriage Certificate

5) Copy of Wife’s Passport 

6) Health Insurance Certificate (with confirmation of Covid-19 cover up to (or over) $100,000)

7 ) Letter stating reason to return to Thailand

As someone who has done a lot of the leg work already. Do you know what the length of the insurance policy has to be to cover $100,000 for Covid 19. In the UK most insurance companies will now cover Covid 19 under accident and emergency cover. This cover is normally £5 or £10 million. Surely its just a case of taking out a travel insurance policy for say a month or 2 and you are covered? Just asking your view.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jimn said:

As someone who has done a lot of the leg work already. Do you know what the length of the insurance policy has to be to cover $100,000 for Covid 19. In the UK most insurance companies will now cover Covid 19 under accident and emergency cover. This cover is normally £5 or £10 million. Surely its just a case of taking out a travel insurance policy for say a month or 2 and you are covered? Just asking your view.

I have read it needs to valid for at least your length of stay in the country. I assume that mean if you had a non-o visa it would be 90 days or if on a extension using a re-entry permit  it would be until it expires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking out travel insurance could be punt with regards to length of policy, seeing as we don't the date of repatriation flight prior to making the purchase. I plan to take out an additional month on the backend to hopefully account for possible delays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I have read it needs to valid for at least your length of stay in the country. I assume that mean if you had a non-o visa it would be 90 days or if on a extension using a re-entry permit  it would be until it expires.

Thanks UJ, yes that makes sense, do you have a source or a thread I can refer too. I think the insurance aspect of obtaining the certificate of entry is one of the easiest parts to cover, people just need to look into it. Of more concern is obtaining the Covid test within 72 hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jimn said:

Thanks UJ, yes that makes sense, do you have a source or a thread I can refer too. I think the insurance aspect of obtaining the certificate of entry is one of the easiest parts to cover, people just need to look into it. Of more concern is obtaining the Covid test within 72 hours.

I was in a post I can remember but it would not be easy to find it now.

The best people to ask is the embassy where you are apply for the certificate of entry.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I have read it needs to valid for at least your length of stay in the country. I assume that mean if you had a non-o visa it would be 90 days or if on a extension using a re-entry permit  it would be until it expires.

And if it is a Non-O visa multiple entry?

That would mean an insurance coverage for the whole year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...