Immigration offices differences

Do immigration offices vary in services they provide?

Is every immigration office fully featured in regards of issuance different kinds of visas and extensions?

How in general, an office in the sticks would compare to a more populous or urban area?

Edited by unheard

Someone has mentioned the other day that the smallest, in the sticks, offices don't offer the full range of services, e.g. extensions based on marriage.

As far as I know, that is incorrect...

Can you confirm?

2 hours ago, unheard said:

Someone has mentioned the other day that the smallest, in the sticks, offices don't offer the full range of services, e.g. extensions based on marriage.

As far as I know, that is incorrect...

Can you confirm?

As far as I know, all offices can provide extensions based on marriage (with confirmation from the regional headquarters). In the past, certain services were not available at smaller offices. An example was the conversion from tourist entries to Non Immigrant visas allowed for certain reasons. Possibly, that may be true for some obscure reasons today, but I am not aware of any.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

It is incorrect for provincial offices. They can all offer every service.

There are few sub offices such as Patong in Phuket that only do certain services such as 90 report and etc.

Could you please point me to a list of sub offices if available?

Particularly in the North.

36 minutes ago, unheard said:

Could you please point me to a list of sub offices if available?

Particularly in the North.

There is not list of them.

I think the office in Chiang Rai city functions as a sub office of Mae Sai. But does extensions and non immigrant visas on certain days. I am not aware of any others in the North of the country.

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is not list of them.

I think the office in Chiang Rai city functions as a sub office of Mae Sai. But does extensions and non immigrant visas on certain days. I am not aware of any others in the North of the country.

Joe,

You are correct.  In Chiang Rai city they only do extensions on Mondays and Wednesdays.  When I switched my tourist visa I could not do it in the city.  I needed to go to Mae Sai, which does everything.