BANGKOK
AndyPa

Why does everyone think an announcement is coming?

2 hours ago, AndyPa said:

What if there is no announcement coming? I mean, they already made an announcement saying there is an amnesty until July 31, after which you will have to get a proper status. Period.

When did they say "after which you'll have to get a proper status"? 

Seems to me like they have left that dangling, and any claim that it will go one way or the other is conjecture.

Until they make an announcement.  Or not, and they just start fining people and hauling them to IDC.

Of course there will be an announcement.  End of.

4 minutes ago, ANDREW999 said:

A 30 days extension for 1900 baht, would also be a big help for some of us that found a job and are trying to get a non b and wp to stay in the country LEGALLY. We are not being allowed to change from TR to non b without those 15 days permitted to stay remaining in our passports.

They could, at least, change temporarily this policy. Many people would stop needing a new period of grace/amnesty. If you cannot do border run, allow people to sort out the papers inside.

Indeed. Ultimately its just stamps and entries in a database. Normally done at immigration offices anyway for standard extensions. They just need to temporarily adjust for more stamps and database entries to be done for more reasons. They could even just increase the fee to 2900 on a temporary basis to allow for the extra traffic and staff needed. Ultimately all the time the land borders are closed its make sense to think of these things.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PhoSai said:

Indeed. Ultimately its just stamps and entries in a database. Normally done at immigration offices anyway for standard extensions. They just need to temporarily adjust for more stamps and database entries to be done for more reasons. They could even just increase the fee to 2900 on a temporary basis to allow for the extra traffic and staff needed. Ultimately all the time the land borders are closed its make sense to think of these things.

Im willing to pay 15.000 for ending this headache. A simple 30 days stamp is all i need. My papers have been so ready since march 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ANDREW999 said:

Im willing to pay 15.000 for ending this headache. A simple 30 days stamp is all i need. My papers have been so ready since march 

Yep, well I guess if it all goes south then agents are the backup, but they charge a lot, which is to be expected given the possible supply & demand dynamic. I was quoted 35,000 baht for a 3 month extension based on staying with my child. Its a lot but if come the end of this week there is either no announcement and/or no extension then ill be doing it. 

Edited by PhoSai
  • Like 2