Need some good news about covid-19?

Why Me

October, a vaccine ?! ... 'tell him he's dreamin' ! (Michael Caton from the film 'The Castle').

If it did come this year then it would indeed be a miraculous first. Vaccines (from decades and decades of developmental experience) take at best 18 months to develop, on average 3 years.

• Thanks 2

It's usually the safety testing and applications process that slows things down; and rightly so.  I suppose if it roughly corresponds to an established vaccine such as the flu jab then many of the questions over safety have already been answered.  I can't say I feel easy about one appearing in October though.  

Edited by mommysboy

Taken from the WaPo article cited in post 1:

There is some science showing that past exposure to common-cold coronaviruses might be playing a protective role for some people. This is a big claim — and I should caution that it is not fully resolved — but several studies are now showing that 20 to 50 percent of people who had never been exposed to the novel coronavirus have immune cells — known as memory T cells — in their body that react to this new virus. 

Imo this is surely good news.

They are still saying next year for a widely available vaccine.  I don't think those early doses will be available to peasants like us.  Only 'important' people with connections and money.

Most people probably won't feel that comfortable getting a vaccine that is not as well tested in the early days anyways.

Edited by shdmn

all the uk scientifix experts have been warning about a UK second wave owing to easing of lockdown BUT IT HASNT HAPPENED .theres some good news at last..

anyway the oxford vaccine tests is all going well and available early 2021... the US moderna vaccine is coming behind and also doing well

16 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

all the uk scientifix experts have been warning about a UK second wave owing to easing of lockdown BUT IT HASNT HAPPENED .theres some good news at last..

anyway the oxford vaccine tests is all going well and available early 2021... the US moderna vaccine is coming behind and also doing well

Dont forget the Thai one close behind.........about 2050

13 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

More good news out of Switzerland... 

https://the-iceberg.net/

What a cool and thoughtful antidote to the fear virus which has been maliciously spread among world populations by self-serving politicians and the presstitutes of the corporate-controlled mass media. 

The lack of "Likes" or "Thank you's" (so far, at least) in response to this dollop of science plus common sense shows just how frighteningly effective has been our indoctrination into official terror narrative.

No surprise the video was banned from the social media channels, which are rapidly becoming as much establishment mouthpieces as their mainstream equivalents. 

Time to grow up, bin those infantalysing face nappies, and insist on going back to the old normal while there is still an old normal to go back to!

Edited by Krataiboy
  • Sad 1

On 7/15/2020 at 2:30 AM, drizzel said:

Afbeelding

However, we now also know that most people do not die from Corona but with Corona.

The flu kills more people then this Killing Virus, so good luck with dreaming about a vaccin.

More and more studies appear to confirm that the antibodies of those already infected disappear after a few months.

This would make a vaccine useless.

But of course Big Pharma will pretend to ignore this, in order to push their hundred dollar vaccine into our veins...

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mommysboy said:

It's usually the safety testing and applications process that slows things down; and rightly so.  I suppose if it roughly corresponds to an established vaccine such as the flu jab then many of the questions over safety have already been answered.  I can't say I feel easy about one appearing in October though.  

Flu jabs often don't work and have been implicated in making recipients more susceptible to serious symptoms if they become infected with the COVID virus.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brunolem said:

More and more studies appear to confirm that the antibodies of those already infected disappear after a few months.

This would make a vaccine useless.

But of course Big Pharma will pretend to ignore this, in order to push their hundred dollar vaccine into our veins...

Well, even if you're right I'll be happy to invest 30mins. and  500b. (no, it won't be $100)  for a jab every 3-6 months if it means I can travel freely.

Plus you've got to figure once enough people are vaccinated and virus free for even a few months (in fact, just more than the incubation period of a few weeks) then bye bye pandemic.

14 minutes ago, Why Me said:

once enough people are vaccinated and virus free for even a few months (in fact, just more than the incubation period of a few weeks) then bye bye pandemic.

There will be another one along soon enough.

Nobody can say for sure, however:

1. It's a safe bet that 20-50% of a given population don't get infected because of some form of prior protection howsoever conferred- that's a large chunk of herd immunity from day one.  

2. Infection with the virus almost inevitably creates at least some degree of immunity to that particular strain for its duration.

3. A safe vaccine even if only 50% successful is still of huge benefit.

4. Most cases are symptomatic or mild.

5. The wearing of a mask, together with appropriate social distancing, should ensure that those most vulnerable are adequately protected (nearly 50% of deaths in UK were related to health settings such as care homes).

6. Better treatment has already resulted in dramatically falling death rates (in the UK at least).

At this stage, we should return to normal, with vigilance of course.

Edited by mommysboy
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, rvaviator said:

Here is a good and possibly a very frank interview on the issue of Vaccine .. Do you think he is qualified to say what he has to say ? 

https://hbswk.hbs.edu/item/merck-ceo-ken-frazier-speaks-about-a-covid-cure-racism-and-why-leaders-need-to-walk-the-talk

Yep, man's got credibility and he's skeptical. Well, we'll see. This is a once in a century pandemic. And the mobilization to find a vaccine is something never seen before. So we might get a late 2020 surprise.