PM says sorry over Covid-infected Egyptian soldier

webfact

By THE NATION

800_972402f89b7c805.jpg?v=1594732191

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha today came out to apologise over the case of a visiting Egyptian soldier who was allowed to roam Rayong city before being found to be infected with Covid-19 virus.

He added that as the head of the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, he regretted the incident and took full responsibility.

The 43-year-old Egyptian soldierlanded at Rayong’s U-Tapao Airport last Wednesday along with a delegation of 30 who were on their way to China on unexplained military business. They were not confined to their Rayong hotel and visited a shopping mall. On Sunday, the soldier’s Covid-19 test came back positive.

Prayuth admitted the case should never have happened, and said he had instructed the CCSA toreviewall relaxed measures, and ensure tight rules apply for all incoming and departing flights.

Prayut also asked Thais to remain confident in the country's public health system.

He added that the incident will not lead to a return of Thailand’s full lockdown but would boost efforts to plug loopholes in disease control.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30391304

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-15

• Sad 1

A story plenty of inconsistencies and unanswered questions.

Did the Chinese test them for Covid-19 too? If yes, same results?

How is it possible that in the army with no 24/7 physical distancing only one is infected?

My conclusion: the Covid-19 part of this story is staged!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha today came out to apologise over the case of a visiting Egyptian soldier who was allowed to roam Rayong city before being found to be infected with Covid-19 virus

Roaming charges will apply .? 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Raphus said:

An actual apology posted by the PM, and the Thai Visa Forum is dead quiet !! hahaha

In no way makes up for the  last 6-7  years  but  you  keep "ha ha haaaaing"  away.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He added that as the head of the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, he regretted the incident and took full responsibility.

Full responsibility, hey? So if many others get infected from this incident, will you finally resign? 

• Like 2

my question is when the world is in lockdown why is the army travelling to all different countries repeatedly. Side business perhaps? Hercules planes fly over my house from myanmar to utapoa occasionally in the middle of the night without lights on. whats going on? 

Simply another example of the privileged military thinking they can do what they like. It doesn't matter which country they are from they are all tarred with the same brush.

But now social media is making their life difficult because they are going to be caught out by a population that has every right to call these idiots to account and is not afraid to do so.

Just looking at the flight path of this aircraft shows it started in a highly infectious country, landed in 2 more before arriving here. Did that not set off alarm bells. Apparently not. Never forget that the Thai military was complicit in creating and operating the biggest infection hotspot in Thailand, that damned boxing stadium event. 

So a simpering apology by the so called PM is supposed to make amends! We shoul all keep these covidiots under constant surveillance and keep calling them to account.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

You trying to upset Steven 100 with that post?

He is Prayuts number 1 fan, never forget that.????????????????

I dont know about falling on his sword. But I do know he put many of those who opposed him to the sword

If the government cannot handle 2 or 3 foreigners entering the country, how are they going to ha handle everyone under the entry guidelines? Until the vaccine comes Thailand should keep the borders closed and continue to restrict commercial flights to enter. It is sadly the only way to control this until a vaccine is ready. 

Did he really say he is Sorry?? Or is that just the Title given by this so called News Agency?
From what I can make out he said it was regrettable and should never have happened and that the Egyptian Officers acted irresponsibly.
Still no explanation as to why they were exempted from quarantine or what they were doing in Thailand.
But yea at least they admitted someone made a mistake!

Edited by DirtyHarry55
  • Like 1

Thailand has lost a lot and suffred a lot from this virus. Many have lost there jobs Begging for food etc. This Pm made one big stuff up and he could put Thailand right back to square 1  Just resign To late for sorry Somewhere this army guy slipped through the system Somebody must be held to account

8 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

my question is when the world is in lockdown why is the army travelling to all different countries repeatedly. Side business perhaps? Hercules planes fly over my house from myanmar to utapoa occasionally in the middle of the night without lights on. whats going on? 

Whats going on indeed.

This Egyptian Military Delegation had bounced around 3 different Countries before alighting in U-Tapao.

They then flew out to China, and returned again to U-Tapao

Therefore procedures were not adhered too Twice.

And as for the Military in Thailand saying they had no knowledge of an Egyptian Military Delegation landing on Thai soil, nobody believes that for One moment

• Like 1

9 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Chinese selling arms to the Egyptians? Say it ain't so!