Finally getting closer to go back to Thailand (Got approval for COE)

2 hours ago, SnipTheCat said:

Since I was quite desperate

Just as well you were desperate to visit loved one i presume, otherwise nothing in this country worth the hoops and the agoney one have to jump thru just to come here...

• Sad 3

Congratulations.

I’m in a slightly similar situation, however I have an extension of stay based on a marriage NON O visa, which is valid until 29th September

I’m expecting my COVID health insurance $100K this week.

Repatriation flights are 28th July and August 7th

ASQ hotel has been selected 42kTHB for stay

Most of my paperwork’s is approved, only waiting for the insurance copy then I can travel.

It's not done yet... spent the last 4 hours trying to get an ASQ reservation, even filled 2 forms to be told after that finally they have no availability, I have one option left... I suspect that with the new announcement that VIPs, diplomats now need to go to quarantine facilities that it will be difficult ???? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, rott said:

An awful lot of successful business people on here recently, and none of them seem to be desesperate for a woman. 

What is their secret.? 

not sure, but quite a few of them live in Thong Lo or Silom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I heard the food was disgusting..complete with sliced hot dogs and chipped/chopped/ham product.  Hotel rooms are being deeply discounted, at the moment...oh, and the Thais are only paying 14,000.

27 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

They’re not really a rip off... 

45,000 baht for 15 nights = 3000 per night - including 3 meals a day,  2x Covid tests, daily nurse checkups (temp checks). 

I checked the price and my ASQ goes for 2000 baht per night normally - so not a huge markup.

are you making progress with your return, if you don't mind me asking?

20 hours ago, bolt said:

Congratulations.

I’m in a slightly similar situation, however I have an extension of stay based on a marriage NON O visa, which is valid until 29th September

Most of my paperwork’s is approved, only waiting for the insurance copy then I can travel.

Happy For you.

which city are you planning to board flight to bkk?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SnipTheCat said:

I have a company in Thailand and have been living there for 11 years, I was on a business trip when I got stuck in Belgium, nothing to do with being desesperate to visit a loved one.

I am happy for you

which city would you be boarding your flight?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SnipTheCat said:

It's not done yet... spent the last 4 hours trying to get an ASQ reservation, even filled 2 forms to be told after that finally they have no availability, I have one option left... I suspect that with the new announcement that VIPs, diplomats now need to go to quarantine facilities that it will be difficult ???? 

There was an announcement a week back about 2 more hotels being added as Asq

11 hours ago, SnipTheCat said:

Update

Finally got a reservation in an ASQ hotel... It was absolutely Epic.. woke up at 3am (8am in thailand) and started contacting hotels that didn't answer or gave hope of availability (if I understand correctly, ASQ reservation go through a government platform and can be done only during business hours). First contact by phone then they require to continue by email, and some of them use google docs forms for registration.

First hotel available require 100% payment in advance no cancellation or change policy, ask for clarification while contacting hotel #2... Send me an email with link to a form to fill, which I do immediatly and send them back an email, I was supposed to receive a payment link.

Meanwhile contacted 2 other hotels : fully booked, fully booked (Already had 7 fully booked from last night).

Hotel #2 => phone call to ask for payment link "sorry sir, we have just been informed there is no more availability"... huh.... 
  Hotel #1 => phone call => "Sorry sir we just had a large reservation we are fully booked until August 8th"

Didn't get a reply to my email from one hotel that last night told me they had availabily... (Let's say Hotel #3) : I call the number on the flyer... mobile phone number, the woman say there is availability and take my email to send me the information
  Trying to get some other hotels that didn't answer yesterday... wrong number, but online I find the right number... call.. full
  Hotel #4 : Number gets to Vejtani hospital... they transfer me to the hotel : availability, they will send me an email
  Didn't get email from #3 => call, girl pretty rude saying she is not in front of her computer and the reservation center will send me an email "later"

Hotel #5 : number that didn't reply yesterday or earlier, got answer that they had availability, and asked me to send an email with copy of wp and passport + date
  Got email from hotel #4 : fill the form give my credit card detail send them an email with copy of passport and wp as requested
  Called hotel #4 to ask if they got all and it was in order.... Yes we have your email and we are processing our reservation, you are Mr X right? => yes.
  Cooling down... but feeling uneasy... 1 hour no reply... I send an email 
  Meanwhile hotel #3 send an email saying no availability until August 6
  No reply from #5, and nothing left to look for beside 2 in phuket (quarantine villas) and one in buriram...
  1 hour later, I decide to call hotel #4... 
    We have your form but we don't have your passport and you need a BOI document => you mean a work permit? = >Yes => I have already send you by email
    Sorry sir but we don't have them... => Ok, wait 1 minute I resend them rightnow => Ok now we got them
    So you want to come on #29? => No... 25th... => Wait sir I will check for availability....
    Sorry Sir, our hotel is fully booked....
    => [Important to stay calm here... getting angry will get you nowhere in Asia]
    I pleaded that the embassy called me to ask for the ASQ reservation urgently, and that I already confirmed 2 hours earlier they had availability, filled the form and gave my credit card... Asked her nicely to please help me get out of this situation (I learnt that it is often the best way... so ask for help)
    She talked with her manager, over heard some things, and she told me "We have received new instructions... things have changed" (I think I overheard they were keeping rooms at the request of someone)
    A few please later and pleading nicely... talking even more long with her manager...

"Ok Sir, I will take your reservation, but normally we are fully booked... You know the Terms of payment? I will need to charge your credit card right now to secure the booking" => Yes please go ahead charge my credit card (almost in tears)
   10 mins later Credit Card debited and got an email with a reservation. 
   3am to 1pm for this... 

I assume that the governement having removed the possibility for diplomats and VIP to do quarantine at home, that they are "blocking" quarantine space for them... I saw many people rejoice that finally there will be justice and that "VIPs" will have to go to quarantine as well... but... on another hand, there are only a fixed number of rooms available, and it will make things much more difficult for people who want to come back...

Meanwhile also got an appointment for a covid test... which was also epic on its own... test has to be done within 72hours of departure, NOT the result, normal delay for result here is now 3-4 days... and july 21 is a public holiday.. but well, got that sorted out as well

One step closer...  Embassy Acked my reservation, waiting for more info, hoping the recent events won't cause repatriation flights to be cancelled as well...

Quite a long post, I apologize... and I wish the best luck to people following the same "way of the cross"...

Perseverance pays

Interesting OP, would like to see more of that kind. 

AFAIK the repatriation process is fit for purpose. But only if it is applied equally to ALL arrivals in Bangkok, no HISO or military buddies exceptions.

But now I have some nagging doubts because of the Chinese cancelling flights from Thailand...

29 minutes ago, JusticeGB said:

Yet the TAT is insisting that at least 4m tourists will come to Thailand before the end of this year. I can't believe that 4m people will go through the hurdles that you faced.

That would require a travel bubble with China by September. The chances are as close to zero as makes no difference.

23 hours ago, bolt said:

Congratulations.

Congratulations, I hope you move forward quickly.

Would you please share some details of the insurance you found. Thanks.