Emoticons

Trillian

13 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Its quiet easy, just use the sad emoticon for things that are sad, a death, an injury, etc

Use the confused emoticon for the latest stupid immigration decision.

The sad emoticon isnt there to show disappointment if someone isnt participating in a Thai bashing thread

Thaibashers complain everything, everyone. Not only about thai.

Before covid a lot of thaibashing threads. Now is other a lot. Lefty and hard right, Black and white, statues, cartoon character voice, Trump, old care homes etc 

These people not know how have positive conversation. Same old woman with mental condition.

They criticize everything. But sensitive so much if recieve criticize. Same baby.

Emoticon help them. 

13 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

or buying into a "we are the great white benefactor" thread.

Had two like that yesterday. They “saved” Thailand. Before they born.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

Go to "Account "

Go down menu to "ignore users"

Name the offending user... 

I believe all that does is to hide the ignored users posts from YOUR view, it doesn't hide your posts from their view.

Edited by Trillian
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Yinn said:
1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Bit hypocritical of you Trillian, as you posted a sad emoji on 1 of my posts only an hour ago..... Pot /kettle springs to mind.

Most TVF member is farang male over 60 year old. 

Surprise me this is serious issue in some people’s lifes. Very sensitive. 

Diffrent culture. I not know any old Thai man send/care about smile/sad/confused emoticons. 

Kids like it.

IMO it immature thing care about it.

Do you think it immature Colin?

'Diffrent culture. I not know any old Thai man send/care about smile/sad/confused emoticons.'

In that case I've just realised I'm not Thai. :cheesy:

The only different culture I know about is buying strawberry yoghurt instead of raspberry.

• Haha 1

ALT F4 is a good alternative to misusing the sad/confused emoticons.

Try it next time you disagree and go to use sad/confused key, hold down Alt key then press F4.

It will give your contribution the respect it deserves.

• Haha 2

I post mainly on the subject of economics and finance because I work in that particular area plus I enjoy it, I post on the subject because I know a fair amount of things about it that are potentially useful to others and I want others to learn from what I know, IF THEY ARE INTERESTED. 

I also learn from others from time to time, I mostly enjoy the occasional quality debate that can be had on the subject. Interestingly, most of the sad emoticons I receive are from people who never enter the debate, never post information on the subject and judging from their other posts, probably don't understand or have an interest in the subject or the posted material.....why is that I wonder. I'm sure if my chosen speciality subject was how to help the impoverished rural in-laws and relatives or how to build a garden wall, things would be different. But because the subject is finance and economics some posters act as they do.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, stouricks said:

How many old Thai men do you know who post on TV.   555   LOL   PML    Joke.   Good morning Yinn. X

She knows about their menopause though.....:thumbsup:...................????

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Have an Idea..........!!

For the next week, lets all post a confused emoticon on all Trillians post........

He will then hold the proud record for the most responses to all his posts by --- TV Members of poor mental health and an unbalanced personality.

If you were to do that I would find it funny because it would be. But you have to admit there is something not quite right with a personality who religiously posts three confused emoticons, on three random posts, from the same poster, in quick succession, every day.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

Sir, You replied to many of those posting in this thread,

but you did not reply to Colin when he pointed out you

yourself had given him a SAD emoticon ,just before you

made your own post.????.........

regards worgeordie

In fact I replied immediately after his post, in post number 4.

And please don't refer to me as sir, I don't call you Madam or Miss.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Trillian said:

If you were to do that I would find it funny because it would be. But you have to admit there is something not quite right with a personality who religiously posts three confused emoticons, on three random posts, from the same poster, in quick succession, every day.

I once wondered--someone wanted a V Old link about pensions once, I hunted it down for him explained that he had to go through another link to get there---his reply was just a sad Emoti.......other than that I haven't really noticed as not very many vote on my posts anyway,

I think everyone uses them so maybe the "poor mental health" etc  didn't go down to well.

• Like 1

I've got one of those trolls following my posts around, always posting confused emoticons. I always assumed it was because he was an idiot who couldn't understand what I was posting, hence his confusion. ????

• Like 1

I don't really take it personally. This Forum is Entertainment, Exchange of Information and others.

Everybody is entitled to his own opinion. If I notice different Emoticons given, so be it.

Sometimes I go for a reply on a topic, other times I might be lazy and only give one Em.

Why get upset?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sanuk711 said:

I think everyone uses them so maybe the "poor mental health" etc  didn't go down to well.

I rarely set out to be politically correct, except sometimes at work, so I think people need to accept that posting three sad emoji's on random posts in a discussion every day, without even contributing, is not normal, except of course when somebody is 'avin a larf and making a point, as you have done here. Think about it, if three people were having a semi serious discussion and another person came over periodically and say stuck his tongue out at the group, would you regard that as normal behaviour? (I feel I already know your answer but hey, life's short).

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1