Emoticons

Trillian

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Well I ain't from the USA, so that's that sorted....????

OK you should be able to re-gift by non on birthdays or Christmas. Or to Americans. 

You could re-gift your car, if your car though if full of high octane gas (petrol for you). Pontiacs are gas hogs 555. OK for straight line performance but too front heavy/rear light for the track. 

Once had a PTO that was fun.

I'm OK if the mods. want to shut this thread down, I think it's run it's course and the debate/discussion component that relates to the topic seems to have been reduced to about zero.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

OK you should be able to re-gift by non on birthdays or Christmas. Or to Americans. 

You could re-gift your car, if your car though if full of high octane gas (petrol for you). Pontiacs are gas hogs 555. OK for straight line performance but too front heavy/rear light for the track. 

Once had a PTO that was fun.

My car was for straight line performance, but anything is possible with a Transam...????

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Trillian said:

I'm OK if the mods. want to shut this thread down, I think it's run it's course and the debate/discussion component that relates to the topic seems to have been reduced to about zero.

Hmm, so its back where it started.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, transam said:

My car was for straight line performance, but anything is possible with a Transam...????

Short courses are a problem with all high powered front heavy cars. They don't want to turn and the weight keeps them going straight. That said on longer courses with more straightaways they do OK. 

I prefer short courses because they test drivers skills over raw power. Light cars, with good power, and most importantly great brakes usually win a lot of races. Although I didn't race them, early modified Honda Civics with turbo won a lot of races.