Internet landline

BKKrichard

You'll either need to ask neighbors what Internet providers are providing local-to-them service, or go to the provider website and look for a "Check Coverage". 

Most providers are offering Fibre these days, but it's not available in ALL areas. While there's still DSL, one would hope it's short-hop ~50mbps VDSL.

Rich Cor was correct but I would add to take your possible new address into the different ISPs offices and have them check what is available.   The same provider will have different capabilities in different parts of the city.   I had my provider change me from DSL to cable, but they said fiber is not allowed in our development (don't know why not).  I have a 200MB/50MB program.  

10 hours ago, BKKrichard said:

what are the best landline/router internet options available?

3BB include HBO Go in their packages, which is a bargain for an extra 34bht/month.

I have a 1,000/100 fibre service (which only seems to be @ 500/100) for 631bht/month.

Pretty reliable,

When my rabbit ate through the fibre cable a few weeks back, they had it fixed next morning at no charge.

Edited by BritManToo

• 1 month later...

Thanks all for the replies, much appreciated!
3BB It is indeed, called them 3 days later all was installed, works well. Only thing that was missing is the TV for the Boss. For 49BHT monthly with LOOX TV, you got the most essential Thai TV channels with Mono29  both Thai and English, which is a nice bonus. Netflix will fill up the remaining entertainment gaps I guess.

59 minutes ago, BKKrichard said:

Thanks all for the replies, much appreciated!
3BB It is indeed, called them 3 days later all was installed, works well. Only thing that was missing is the TV for the Boss. For 49BHT monthly with LOOX TV, you got the most essential Thai TV channels with Mono29  both Thai and English, which is a nice bonus. Netflix will fill up the remaining entertainment gaps I guess.

No need to pay extra as a 3BB customer, it's free. You can just point your browser, tablet or phone here : http://cloudtv.3bb.co.th/tvonline/

You can also cast to your TV from there if you want.

I don't understand why anyone pays anything to watch TV. 

I stream all movies (yes even current releases), any TV series basically known to man, and any live sporting event, all for free using the Internet. I can even get those live PPV sporting events at no cost. No dongles, no set-top boxes, no special wiring.....  just simple Internet browsing to search within many sites that are available for FREE!

On 8/24/2020 at 4:25 AM, dingdongrb said:

I don't understand why anyone pays anything to watch TV. 

I stream all movies (yes even current releases), any TV series basically known to man, and any live sporting event, all for free using the Internet. I can even get those live PPV sporting events at no cost. No dongles, no set-top boxes, no special wiring.....  just simple Internet browsing to search within many sites that are available for FREE!

Some people don't steal content.

33 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

If no one pays , nothing would get made and there would be nothing to watch

For sports, aren't advertisers paying? Aren't those spectators seeing the event live in person paying? Aren't those concessions and memorabilia shops at the arenas paying?  Hmmmmmm.......

Don't you remember when TV was over air waves before cable and the internet? Did consumers pay to watch TV then?

52 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

For sports, aren't advertisers paying? Aren't those spectators seeing the event live in person paying? Aren't those concessions and memorabilia shops at the arenas paying?  Hmmmmmm.......

Don't you remember when TV was over air waves before cable and the internet? Did consumers pay to watch TV then?

Yes, the TV companies revenue comes from various places .

I do remember television before cable and the internet , their was hardly any live sport , sometimes had snooker or cycling or cricket  and highlights of football matches the next day and very few football games were even televised with the occasional live match .

The films were usually a few years old before they made in onto the TV screens , films were released in the cinema , then put on sale via videos and then finally aired on television a few years after being released in cinemas 

1 hour ago, dingdongrb said:

A criminal an his excuses.

If you steal Thai sports you should be deported.

Go back to your country and pirate Thai intellectual property please.

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

A criminal an his excuses.

If you steal Thai sports you should be deported.

Go back to your country and pirate Thai intellectual property please.

Who in their right mind watches Thai sports?

What sports do they have besides some girly soccer?

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Yes, the TV companies revenue comes from various places .

I do remember television before cable and the internet , their was hardly any live sport , sometimes had snooker or cycling or cricket  and highlights of football matches the next day and very few football games were even televised with the occasional live match .

The films were usually a few years old before they made in onto the TV screens , films were released in the cinema , then put on sale via videos and then finally aired on television a few years after being released in cinemas 

I wasn't just referring to TV companies' revenues but the revenues of the team owners.

I recall having 3 channels on TV (and perhaps a few UHF) and there were live sports nearly every weekend. And back then boxing events were live well before the thugs started making millions with PPV events. I recall seeing events like the 'Thrilla in Manila' as well as many others without having to pay a <deleted> cent.

Maybe a few of you need to go police The Night Bazaar area and down at Pat Pong (BKK) as well other places and report all the bootleg DVDs sales...LOL...LOL...LOL