Rayong businesses hit hard by Egyptian Covid scare

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The government’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) admitted on Monday that it had made errors in managing the entry of some groups of foreigners.

Not too sure anyone will be held responsible for such an atrocious decision ?

As it is Thailand, it will probably be a "carry on with your job, and don't do it again" attitude. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I was obviously wrong. People just cannot be trusted to do the right thing. 

I isolated myself in the UK upon arrival in April, which meant renting a small cottage for two weeks. I went to the supermarket twice, masking up and wearing gloves to protect others.

Thank you for confirm your own statement

the self quarantine doesn't work

I am sure you don't even realise your 2 shopping round, even

with mask and gloves, were a big risk for all the other people in these places.

The only way is a controled confined place with armed guards at the entry.

• Like 2

I read a few days ago of a foreigner being sued for 500,000 for stray golf ball hitting caddy I avoid golf as someone said just ruins a good walk or something along that lines.

but perhaps more importantly any of us could become infected and inadvertently cause any business to close for a unspecified period of time since all of us farangs are dirty and rich I wonder when the lawsuit claims will start.?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greg O said:

So the virus that doesn't survive on surfaces more than a few minutes is now grounds to panick, shutdown and close businesses maybe even take a shower and double clean again, thought we got through that already ? Paranoia strikes again..

Run Forrest run !!!! 

A few minutes is long enough to infect 1 or maybe 2 persons and they will infect others again , so don't talk about paranoia it's just precaution because before you know it there can be many others .

2 hours ago, Greg O said:

So the virus that doesn't survive on surfaces more than a few minutes is now grounds to panick, shutdown and close businesses maybe even take a shower and double clean again, thought we got through that already ? Paranoia strikes again..

Run Forrest run !!!! 

Where did you get your info? 

Can the coronavirus survive on surfaces?

It is not certain how long the virus that causes COVID-19 survives on surfaces, but it seems likely to behave like other coronaviruses. A recent review of the survival of human coronaviruses on surfaces found large variability, ranging from 2 hours to 9 days (11).

The survival time depends on a number of factors, including the type of surface, temperature, relative humidity and specific strain of the virus.

• Like 1

Some people just don't get it. Some people have had enough of restrictions and all the precautions and, yes, in some cases, overkill. But the virus hasn't gone away, it's still there and it will be around for a very long time waiting to hit the careless and unwary. Unfortunately.

g0pfg.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Greg O said:

Run Forrest run !!!! 

5 days metal, glass and ceramics, 4 days wood, 2 to 3 plastics and stainless steel, 1 day cardboard, others less, so there is cause for concern.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Not too sure anyone will be held responsible for such an atrocious decision ?

As it is Thailand, it will probably be a "carry on with your job, and don't do it again" attitude. 

They will probably be moved to that vast inactive post office they have hidden somewhere. Most of the ones I have observed are inactive playing on there phones anyway 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NightSky said:

Virus affect anyone, even YOU silly billy!

And don't give me the 'wear protection BS' otherwise there would never be any new people born into the world.

You really sound like an atrocious individual.

Ok, and if I am. Do you need to have problem with it? Does that makes your life better? In that case I am sure they have a medical diagnosis for you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Aussie Col said:

They think is hard. Wait until Christmas and the New Year with no fanangs here not buying gifts for their girlfriends and wife's. That will really hurt them.

That's why the wire money transfer was created

it's not necessary to be here in person to send the money

you can be sure it's already working pretty well, i don't have the

numbers at the moment but imo the monthly transfer from foreigners

stick abroad to their gf\wife\friend in Thailand should be massive every month

46 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

So let's get this straight: Thailand has shown that even a single non-Thai from outside the country testing positive and spending only one day in the population sends the entire country into a spasm of fear. 

We can now understand more of what may happen in the future if Thailand expects to retain a ZERO CASE rate -- a totally unrealistic goal. 

Bottom line: If the government and the public freak out over a single positive foreigner (who may not have actually infected anyone; it's too early to tell yet) imagine what will happen when they allow tourists back in? There WILL be transmissions from foreigners, it's an absolute certainty. What then? 

It's why imo there will be no tourists coming from abroad

before months or even years. 

The mass tourism in Thailand is relatively a recent thing

and it was limited to few specific areas.

Most of the Thais consider they can do with no foreign tourists 

and anyway the main part of Thailand wasn't frequented by the

foreign tourists (Thailand is a rural area for 70%)

Edited by kingofthemountain