BANGKOK
Pilotman

Pattaya Finally A Pleasure to Visit

2 minutes ago, Patts said:

So long as you are happy never mind the tens of thousands of workers struggling to survive. If you don't enjoy Pattaya, don't go there.....simples

I said that I sympathise with those that have lost their jobs, but it doesn't change the fact that, at least to me, it is a more pleasant place to visit.  Normally, I don't go there, that was the point of my post, which clearly went over your head. Simples 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Patts said:

So long as you are happy never mind the tens of thousands of workers struggling to survive. If you don't enjoy Pattaya, don't go there.....simples

Even when Pattaya was at its busiest there was always “workers” struggling to survive. 

Its overpopulated period.

Girl from the village gets a job in a bar, the boyfriend arrives, then the brother, younger sisters etc looking for easy money without working for it.

Perhaps now an equilibrium can be achieved but many of the “struggling” workers need to return to mamas house if they already haven’t.

• Like 2

@Pilotman I dont think it ever will return to what we've known in the past anyway.

I genuinely think the vast majority have no real imagination as to what the future will be in Pattaya.

I'd imagine Bars will be just in the two main areas LK Metro and Walking St with the rest gone completely

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Pilotman said:

but even you must find it better right now?   

Yes I do, riding around and getting between places is a breeze. A seat at a place to eat usually available and less pestered by honking baht buses and other hawkers. Bad at weekends though as the Bangkok drivers are rather self centered. 

• Like 2

Whats not seen in Pats, is the reaction up North when the Mama-sans and Bar girls return. Mama is selling her SUV cheap, and the Girls are selling Gold in full view of the Towns folk who know who they are. Locals have no sympathy what so ever.