3,000 foreigners have illegally entered Thailand in the last month

webfact

2 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

They have got to work----and Thailand has to build.....Houses etc.

No problem - just hire all the Thais who cannot go build houses in other countries now because of Covid. 

They only had to work overseas before, in the first place, because Thai-bosses, working with immigration (for a fee) - both of whom lack any sense of patriotism - replaced them with foreigners who would work for lower wages.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

This story can't be accurate as there has been at least one story of illegal Chinese caught after crossing into Thailand from Myanmar. Just review the stories from the past and you'll find more than Cambodians, Burmese and Laotians.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Pol Lt-Gen Damrongsak Kitipraphat, a deputy commander of the Royal Thai Police, said that most had come across in groups aided and abetted by Thais.

Where was the Sa - Mart Car when all this was going on ?????? ????

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JCP108 said:

"None had Covid-19."

How was this determined?

And how did they know it was 3,000 exactly? I mean, no country with a land border, much of which consists of a river (between Laos and Thailand) could ever be sure about the numbers crossing illegally!

2 hours ago, JCP108 said:

I was reacting to what was provided to us, here. It makes no mention of testing. When articles are posted here, I don't become magically aware of all the different versions that might exist in the universe. 

Well, you and a few others certainly are not well informed, lazy,  and possibly do not have common sense enough to click on:  "the scource." at the bottom of the article

where it says Naew Na..

There you will see the full article that all 3,000 were stated as tested.

Like I said, jumping the gun without fully educating yourself on the full story.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, rott said:

He was responding to the article on here. 

Do get a grip bkk6060, or you will be turning into one of these bickerers that people comment about. 

Ha.

Well, no he wasn't read my response #41.

It is important I believe to post the truth and not speculation.

So,  can you figure it out or you want me to post the full article on here for you?

Edited by bkk6060

3 hours ago, JCP108 said:

I was reacting to what was provided to us, here. It makes no mention of testing. When articles are posted here, I don't become magically aware of all the different versions that might exist in the universe. 

4 hours ago, JCP108 said:

"None had Covid-19."

How was this determined?

I bet there were AT LEAST 3002 and at least two somewhere didn't get tested.

I'm just grateful it wasn't those pesky Farangs again.

Edited by The Deerhunter

4 hours ago, JCP108 said:

"None had Covid-19."

How was this determined?  EASY...if you tilt your head about 20 degrees to the left, then squint your eyes, you can spot an illegal and at the same time, determine if they're CV 19 or even HIV positive.

Works every time. 

To the best of my knowledge the Chief of Police has Thai Immigration as part of his portfolio

& it is obvious that parts of his crew will just about do anything for a $.

Get your ducks in a row Sir, or does some of the $ filter up?

• Like 1

"None had Covid19". I'm calling bullsh*&t on that one. How do they know none had Covid19? Were they all tested as soon as they arrived? No. They were caught later on. I'm starting to worry that all of this news on the country being Covid free and all of the cases only being in quarantine is false. 

Does anyone know someone who has had Covid here since the "Covid free days"? I'd love to hear about it. Then maybe tell the media. Of course they'd be too afraid to report it.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Trillian said:

We know of several who have crossed the border with Myanmar and have been going back and forth away from the checkpoints, the total number is a lot more than 3,000 I'm sure.

You didn't look close enough....................It was just one person who went across 3000 times................and immigration said they checked her for covid every time ????

Edited by john terry1001
  • Haha 1

"Lt-Gen Damrongsak promised prosecutions and closures of businesses that employ illegal labor."

What about prosecutions for the people who provided them to the businesses in the first place - notice the people smuggling gangs aren't even mentioned, although he did state that "no police had so far been prosecuted for accepting bribes from gangs involved in the illegal business but that investigations were continuing."(:cheesy:)

Priorities, eh? 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that no police had so far been prosecuted for accepting bribes from gangs involved in the illegal business but that investigations were continuing. 

Ohhh those leaky borders with immigration fingers in the holes... 

"no police had been prosecuted" ???? got no idea how big that number is. Could it be there are usually 30,000 illegal workers? I don't know, it's just an emotive headline designed to tell scare people and to advertise how amazing the authorities are to catch them. ????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Trillian said:

We know of several who have crossed the border with Myanmar and have been going back and forth away from the checkpoints, the total number is a lot more than 3,000 I'm sure.

As Trillian has said, the number is probably a lot more than 3,000.

Many of these Migrant labourers are ~ Employed ~ by the wealthy Thai land owners Etc for working their Fields Etc.

Makes me wonder how many are creeping in, but how also much of a Blind Eye is being turned, or Brown Envelopes are being passed.

Without these workers the whole Country would grind to a halt, and the rich Land Owners Etc would suffer hardship due to lack of income.

Not a possible scenario

5 hours ago, JCP108 said:

You didn't react, you asked a question, the answer to which was embedded in the article.

If you really want to know something it is better to read the source than ask on here, but you probably didn't really want an answer.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You didn't react, you asked a question, the answer to which was embedded in the article.

If you really want to know something it is better to read the source than ask on here, but you probably didn't really want an answer.

A voice of reason and common sense.

A shame some people will just never get it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1