3,000 foreigners have illegally entered Thailand in the last month

webfact

15 hours ago, JCP108 said:

"None had Covid-19."

How was this determined?

Their body temperature was measured. None had a temperature of 38 ⁰C or higher, therefore none had a fever, therefore none was submitted to further tests, and therefore all were declared free of Covid-19. This how I figure the testing was done.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rvaviator said:

I like that idea ...  New entry requirement. Learn the Thai national anthem and sing it on arrival and at any Police or Immigration check points.  

I don't even know my own national anthem. Maybe if I can't sing it I won't have to pay taxes because my government can't prove that's where I'm from ????????????

On 7/15/2020 at 5:07 AM, Trillian said:

We know of several who have crossed the border with Myanmar and have been going back and forth away from the checkpoints, the total number is a lot more than 3,000 I'm sure.

If we look at Thailand's borders it ain't that many, especially seeing as 3 of the 4 countries are poorer than Thailand. It wouldn't surprise me if that number is the tip of the iceberg.

Many years ago I was staying at a friend's place near Nong Khai. I was impressed by the amount of small boats coming & going across the Mekong, seemingly with no checks at all.

Edited by Andrew65

19 hours ago, JCP108 said:

An article was posted. I asked a question about information that was missing in the posted article. The, you and BKK6060, instead of pointing me to the answer in a civil manner, decided to deride me from your first responses to me. This forum is a place for civil debate and that is going to include people asking questions about OPs. Attacking people for asking reasonable questions is not nice. Please be more nice. Also, consistent attacks on people for asking questions in here rather than responding to substance gives the impression that people are just diverting attention from the substance. 

The information was not missing, you didn't look for it in the article.

Your post was constructed in a derogatory manner creating an unwarranted implication.

If however English is not you first language, or not a strong point, then I apologise.

42 minutes ago, sandyf said:

The information was not missing, you didn't look for it in the article.

Your post was constructed in a derogatory manner creating an unwarranted implication.

If however English is not you first language, or not a strong point, then I apologise.

This is factually not true. The information I asked about was not in the posted article. I simply asked how they knew a thing that was asserted and explained. 

I wrote:

"None had Covid-19."

How was this determined?

How is that "constructed in a derogatory manner creating an unwarranted implication"?

I don't want an apology. I encourage you to be more civil.

Edited by JCP108

On 7/16/2020 at 3:08 PM, JCP108 said:

This is factually not true. The information I asked about was not in the posted article. I simply asked how they knew a thing that was asserted and explained. 

I wrote:

"None had Covid-19."

How was this determined?

How is that "constructed in a derogatory manner creating an unwarranted implication"?

I don't want an apology. I encourage you to be more civil.

From the posted article.

Source: Naew Na

On 7/15/2020 at 2:20 PM, rvaviator said:

I like that idea ...  New entry requirement. Learn the Thai national anthem and sing it on arrival and at any Police or Immigration check points.  

Shush !  if the IO hear of this idea we will all have to do it every 90 days when we report.

On 7/15/2020 at 5:18 PM, Proboscis said:

And how did they know it was 3,000 exactly? I mean, no country with a land border, much of which consists of a river (between Laos and Thailand) could ever be sure about the numbers crossing illegally!

They did not say "3000 exactly"  They just said that they had deported 3000 which is probably just a loose figure and it could have been confirmed that none had Cov-19  after getting tested. There, that was not too difficult was it.