Ozzie friend of mine got his letter to return to Thailand from Australia.

Mama Noodle

36 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Did your friend share:

- The date he applied?

- Assuming it's a repatriation flight, the cost of the ticket?

- '... the Government designated facility re quarantine...' does that mean (possibly because he's been labelled as a Thai national) it's not an alternative (luxury) hotel, it's a facility for Thai people and paid for by the Thai govt?  

Would you mind asking your friend and posting his responses, probably interesting for quite a few people.

37 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Did your friend share:

- The date he applied?

- '... the Government designated facility re quarantine...' does that mean (possibly because he's been labelled as a Thai national) it's not an alternative (luxury) hotel, it's a facility for Thai people and paid for by the Thai govt?  

Would you mind asking your friend and posting his responses, probably interesting for quite a few people.

He went in person 15 days ago, got tentative approval 5 days after that, rest of the time was spent waiting on a reparation flight. Apparently those are the only ones leaving Oz bound for Thailand so that’s the hold up.  

He’s booked an ASQ Hotel “Siam Mandarina” 42,000 baht 

30FF78FB-EE1C-4DED-B053-6A9456D8C94E.thumb.jpeg.2db4b2a83241007e2c8c8419b652f5c6.jpeg

• Like 1

Which category of eligible travelers does your Ozzie friend belong to?

1. Foreign spouses and children of work permit holders.

2. Foreigners with residency rights in Thailand.

3. Foreigners married to Thais.

4. Foreigners and their carers seeking medical treatment in Thailand (except for Covid-19).

5. International students and their guardians.

6. Foreigners who are allowed to enter Thailand as per special arrangements 

• Like 1

Hi mama noodle thank you for taking time to share with us and answer questions been very helpful will pass on to some friends that are trying to return to thai families cheers mate ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

Foreigner married to a thai. 

Did you also get the letter of approval to leave Australia?

I'm interest to see what grounds they permit?

All i can think of is compassionate grounds in my case, once the list includes partner and not married...

Any idea what the total costs are going to be?

Including the 14 day isolation..

Can PM me if you like. 

22 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

He went in person 15 days ago, got tentative approval 5 days after that, rest of the time was spent waiting on a reparation flight. Apparently those are the only ones leaving Oz bound for Thailand so that’s the hold up.  

30FF78FB-EE1C-4DED-B053-6A9456D8C94E.thumb.jpeg.2db4b2a83241007e2c8c8419b652f5c6.jpeg

I'm double screwed.

Not married to my partner. 

In Melbourne...

So border restrictions are still grim..

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ezzra said:

It sound like someone has won the lottery jackpot, "i got a letter to go back to Thailand" Yippee yay... my god, how pathetics this pandemic is making us all to be...

It could be a jackpot if its a person who really wants to return to his loved ones, business... lover.. whatever...

22 hours ago, roadpeople said:

Which category of eligible travelers does your Ozzie friend belong to?

1. Foreign spouses and children of work permit holders.

2. Foreigners with residency rights in Thailand.

3. Foreigners married to Thais.

4. Foreigners and their carers seeking medical treatment in Thailand (except for Covid-19).

5. International students and their guardians.

6. Foreigners who are allowed to enter Thailand as per special arrangements 

Its all open now isnt it?

23 hours ago, scorecard said:

Did your friend share:

- The date he applied?

If he travels on an Aussie passport, he had to choose a hotel for his 14 days quarantine. 

15 minutes ago, Seeall said:

Its all open now isnt it?

Not quite, normal regular people can not get back in unless they are one of 11 classifications, and even that is under much scrutiny and whether or not there is room on a repatriation flight for you.  A buddy and his Thai wife from the US are trying to get back to Rawai where they also live.  She can get a repatriation flight but there is no room for him as apparently there are a few thousand Thai's in the US still trying to get back here.

20 minutes ago, Seeall said:

It could be a jackpot if its a person who really wants to return to his loved ones, business... lover.. whatever...

OP's info doesn't say much. His friend has to meet the requirements from one of the 11 groups allowed to enter Thailand. Period. There's no jackpot. 

16 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

OP's info doesn't say much. His friend has to meet the requirements from one of the 11 groups allowed to enter Thailand. Period. There's no jackpot. 

Agreed. 

Mislead by OP's 1st sentence.

"For some reason it says he’s a thai national but he’s not, he’s traveling on an Australian passport on the 19th."

I thought he might unintentionally sabotaged his friend who not qualified as one of the "11 groups of people" by posting his official document for returning. ????

Whether Jackpot or not, greatly depends on which country you are located right now. 

Good comments. For me, and I guess other folks, is whether on receipt of the entry approval certificate the approved farang can opt to take a commercial flight (if there are commercial flights)?

(I realize that the farang would still need at some point in the process to confirm a booking at an alternate quarantine hotel and present the required fit to fly and Covid 19 negative documents at check-in and on arrival.) 

Edited by scorecard

On 7/15/2020 at 12:58 PM, Mama Noodle said:

$3020 for Bus class - good price ...

5 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Nothing much to say. He’s an Australian married to a thai. Went in person to the consulate with everything in hand other than the fit to fly and covid test, because those are timed. 

He’s got global health insurance from his employer and the insurance company gave him a letter that clearly states he’s covered for covid in Thailand for $100,000. 

Everything is clearly listed requirement wise. It’s not rocket surgery. 

5 hours ago, scorecard said:

Good comments. For me, and I guess other folks, is whether on receipt of the entry approval certificate the approved farang can opt to take a commercial flight (if there are commercial flights)?

I believe you can take a commercial flight if there is one. The flight isn’t an issue if you can find one, it’s the convoluted paperwork and other assorted BS

6 hours ago, dallen52 said:

I'm double screwed.

Not married to my partner. 

In Melbourne...

So border restrictions are still grim..

Yeah well I’m screwed too. My line of work requires me to be able to fly around all the time and that’s impossible to do with Thailand’s entry requirements, so here soon I’ll have to depart Thailand for work then temporarily move back to the states. That’s the only way I can still work. 

Pretty much the only people who aren’t screwed are people with unlimited funds or people working in Thailand. 

The Australian ambassadors message today on the embassy Facebook site said that there were 34 Australians approved and travelling via the Middle East, but that flight is full. 

I think he also said that the thai embassy in Canberra has received 200 applications from Australians to travel to Thailand. 

3 hours ago, PatrickC said:

What is the travelling via the Middle East option, do you know?

No idea sorry. The Thai embassy apparently tells you what flights are eligible to be taken and it’s up to you to pay for it.