Pattaya: After the floods mayor calls for patience - all the busted pumps are nearly repaired

webfact

On 7/15/2020 at 12:21 PM, colinneil said:

Thing is why were the broken pumps not fixed before?

where are you ????!!!!............

they would NOT know they were broken.....have you heard the words INSPECTION or CALIBRATION ???

on  monthly or 3 monthly basis !!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lol - friend of mine was on his way to open his shop this afternoon and couldn't get to the North Pattaya intersection.

Looks like the South Pattaya intersection isn't the only one that needs some work on the pumps !

Taken just after 3pm today.

109834831_3199145660171415_6050643127118445492_n.jpg.b706dc29c817d960c771b9c05f31a3f5.jpg

• Like 1

Widespread flooding but more rain to the North than the South. I was stuck in Big-CX for a good while as it poured and I only had the bike with me. I was fortunate to make it home really, but it did involve a worrying ride with my feet lifted on the north end of the railway line bypass at the tunnel. (Certainly didn't try going through it). I bet there had been 5 inches (12cm) of rain at the house and the damned power was still off at 4pm. It had been off since  09.30 and why I went out in the first place.

• Like 1

priorites !!!

Just read that the ARMY HAVE BOUGHT  a private jet.....for 1.34 billion baht

question is WHY??

Yet all this flooding occurs on when it rains and has been doing so for years !!!!

Edited by essox essox
after thought
  • Like 2

You keep building on land for years and years that normally soaks the water away , and you don't lay additional drainage what do you expect.

It's a pity the water isn't diverted as efficiently as the money for drainage projects.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2020 at 8:50 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

:coffee1:

Don't do their job and then ask for patience. Pity the locals don't vote those incompetents out.

I don't actually think these people are voted in , I think they are given the job by a relative ( allegedly ) . But I could be wrong.

• Like 1

They used to have elections (for the Mayor of Pattaya). The current Mayor (Sontaya Kunplome) was appointed by the PM last year, to replace the Mayor the PM had appointed a few months earlier. The last elected Mayor was the younger brother of the current Mayor (and the Mayor of Bang Saen, Narongchai Kunplome, is another brother).

The last election was in June 2012, when Itthiphol Kunplome (the younger brother) won a second 4 year term.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2020 at 12:21 PM, colinneil said:

Thing is why were the broken pumps not fixed before?

koz they DID NOT know they were broken......

has to rain BIG for pumps not to work......then they know they are broken.....or just completly knackered.....!!

On 7/24/2020 at 11:30 AM, Wongkitlo said:

No local elections for years. All appointed by the Junta.

Exactly, his brother did very well out of doing nothing about anything for many years, he is now High up in government at ministerial level - it's who you know, they are obviously not greedy and like to share! :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, ChipButty said:

World Class Tourist Destination

People overlooked the fact Pattaya was not a world class tourist destination when it was a cheap holiday here.  Now, a holiday here can be the cost of going to a truly world class tourist destination, but Pattaya doesn't have the infrastructure or facilities of a true world class tourist destination.  Eg. in 2020, still no proper metered taxis here.  

• Thanks 1

On 8/3/2020 at 12:09 AM, Leaver said:

People overlooked the fact Pattaya was not a world class tourist destination when it was a cheap holiday here.  Now, a holiday here can be the cost of going to a truly world class tourist destination, but Pattaya doesn't have the infrastructure or facilities of a true world class tourist destination.  Eg. in 2020, still no proper metered taxis here.  

Many tourists have never been to Pattaya and get fooled by travel agent's glossy brochures. Once there with all paid in advance they are trapped.

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Many tourists have never been to Pattaya and get fooled by travel agent's glossy brochures. Once there with all paid in advance they are trapped.

I agree.  I always found it strange that Russian families would chose Pattaya over another destination in Thailand, or South East Asia.  Perhaps it was the cheapest package on offer.  I can only imagine their opinion of Thailand after a family holiday to Pattaya. I'm sure they return home to tell all their friends and family about what they observed on their holiday here.  ????

3 hours ago, Leaver said:

I agree.  I always found it strange that Russian families would chose Pattaya over another destination in Thailand, or South East Asia.  Perhaps it was the cheapest package on offer.  I can only imagine their opinion of Thailand after a family holiday to Pattaya. I'm sure they return home to tell all their friends and family about what they observed on their holiday here.  ????

I have a Russian friend who comes each year. He used to go to Egypt but they cut down on visas so he comes to Thailand-island then Jomtien. They like Jomtien which can understand. Pattaya just for Central and Terminal 21. He always complains because it will be minus 21 or something when he returns to Moscow.

On 8/8/2020 at 7:53 PM, Wongkitlo said:

I have a Russian friend who comes each year. He used to go to Egypt but they cut down on visas so he comes to Thailand-island then Jomtien. They like Jomtien which can understand. Pattaya just for Central and Terminal 21. He always complains because it will be minus 21 or something when he returns to Moscow.

What's the percentage of Russian families that you think return here for a holiday?