HUGE python has eaten 20 of my cats, says Bangkok man

webfact

HUGE python has eaten 20 of my cats, says Bangkok man

8pm.jpg

Snake catchers were called after a rag and bone man (scrap goods dealer) discovered a four meter long python at his depot in Soi Som-Ek off Tiwanon Road in Pak Kret, Bangkok yesterday evening. 

It took fifteen minutes before the 15 kilogram serpent was in custody.

The dealer said this was the second time pythons had caused him trouble. The first one was even bigger. 

8pm1.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Between them they had eaten 20 of his pet cats. 

The snake catchers said that this one put up quite a fight and broke some of their equipment in the process. 

It would have been even heavier but it appeared not to have eaten for several days.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-15

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

Not long ago while I was driving motorcycle a similar size snake was crossing the street. I had to stop. It was just a few hundred meters from my home, inside of the village. It is crazy to thing that these sizes of snakes are living right next to us. Completely unnoticed. ???????????? Not feeling so brave cutting high grass after that.

They often live in the sewers/storm drains, and only come out at night.

Edited by BritManToo

1 hour ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

Not long ago while I was driving motorcycle a similar size snake was crossing the street. I had to stop. It was just a few hundred meters from my home, inside of the village. It is crazy to thing that these sizes of snakes are living right next to us. Completely unnoticed. ???????????? Not feeling so brave cutting high grass after that.

If you're cutting high grass, presumably you're armed with a device that can take on a snake. 

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

well good they fed on the cats, instead of small children squeezed to death. Cannot think of a better use for "domestic:" cats.

...any suggestions about the soi dogs?

1 hour ago, thequietman said:

The smell of cat pish in that place must be unbearable!

One cat is bad enough, but 20 !!!   ????

Scrap merchants a.k.a. "Rag and bone men" or "Steptoe & Son," always have a problem with rats so depending on the size of his property, anyone within several hundred meters would probably be grateful he was usually "well stocked-up" with cats.

2 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Whilst I can appreciate people not liking cats, for me it would be better is the snakes ate the soi dogs first. Cats might pooh in your garden, but unlikely to have a gang of cats attack your kid

Why waste  time, go straight for the "kind"  owners.

I had a baby (python) on my chair 2 weeks ago.

And my elderly neighbour and I caught what might have been the mum back in January. Oh and 2 weeks before that, the cobra, but I was drunk that time which was a different experience.

Location = BKK Nont. border!

20200115_071625.jpg

20191229_195905.jpg

106532328_10158565569601060_2904126140023193649_o.jpg