Here is the notification people in Rayong have been receiving after COVID-19 scare

webfact

Here is the notification people in Rayong have been receiving after COVID-19 scare

app.jpg

File photo

People who may have been in contact with an Egypitan man in Rayong who has since tested positive for COVID-19 have received a notification advising them to self isolate for 14 days.

The notification has been sent from Thailand’s Thai Chana contact tracing system, introduced by the Thai authorities to help identify people who may have been exposed to the virus.

“You have scanned Thaichana at Passione Shopping Center on 10 July 2020 during 11:00-15:00 as found Coronavirus infected person from Egypt”, the notification reads.

“Please strictly follow suggestion

1. Self Quarantine 14 days (until 24 July)

2. Contact Rayong Provincial Public Health Office at Phone: 086-303-2625”

Thailand was among the first countries to introduce a contact tracing tool, with people required to ‘check in’ using Thai Chana whenever they use public transport or enter a shopping mall, restaurant, convenience store, fitness center or any other location.

As in the case in Rayong, if an individual is later found to be infected with COVID-19, the system then pings a notification to people who may have been in contact with the infected person.

An image of the notification was shared by Facebook user Martin Peters. 

The news comes as 1,400 people in Rayong have been tested for COVID-19 after it was discovered an Egyptian soldier, who was visiting Thailand last week in an official capacity, was allowed to leave quarantine and visit a local mall after arriving in Thailand. He later tested positive for the virus. 

A total of 394 people were identified via the Thai Chana system, officials said.

An investigation has been launched into the incident.

message.jpg

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-15

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, webfact said:

People who may have been in contact with an Egypitan man in Rayong who has since tested positive for COVID-19 have received a notification advising them to self isolate for 14 days.

what about the people from Rayong that traveled and/or were in contact with people from other provinces and didn't know because the government (again) delayed to tell the truth.... this is like an inverted pyramid

Edited by Mavideol
spelling
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, blackcab said:

Do all the mall and shop staff who were working on that day have to self isolate aswell?

It would appear that way as hotel has closed and 274 schools in province are also closed due to lack of teachers who are also in quarantine as had visited shopping mall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

I hope anyone who receives this warning or works in the shopping centre thinks this is not necessary.

Do the right thing.

I wonder how accurate this thing is when sending out warnings?

If I pop into Bluport I check in and out within about 15 minutes.

If someone infected goes there 1 hour after me and I supposed to 'isolate'?

That's a 4 hour window they're talking about there, did the Egyptians arrive at 11 am and leave at 3pm?

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

3rd world 'intelligence'; 'strict suggestion'; might wanna invest in language skills

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

I wonder how accurate this thing is when sending out warnings?

If I pop into Bluport I check in and out within about 15 minutes.

If someone infected goes there 1 hour after me and I supposed to 'isolate'?

That's a 4 hour window they're talking about there, did the Egyptians arrive at 11 am and leave at 3pm?

Old english saying "Err on the side of caution" comes to my mind. 

8 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

3rd world 'intelligence'; 'strict suggestion'; might wanna invest in language skills

Why so condescending and rude? Looking at the construction of your sentence, what if i asked you if you are an unqualified out of work language school teacher?

• Thanks 1