Foreigner in Thailand locks himself in a cage for four days to raise awareness about mistreatment of animals

webfact

A post with a link to Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

4 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Whenever someone tries to do some good there is always someone at the ready to shoot him down. 

I don't know this guy, never heard before, it is a good act for sure, but the major problem is asking for money a.k.a. donations. to run a sanctuary, probably he got some sort of foundation or non profit firm, anyway finances must be transparent and public, otherwise how can we believe in his words?

51 minutes ago, A512 said:

I don't know this guy, never heard before, it is a good act for sure, but the major problem is asking for money a.k.a. donations. to run a sanctuary, probably he got some sort of foundation or non profit firm, anyway finances must be transparent and public, otherwise how can we believe in his words?

I guess for me it’s if you donate it’s because you want to and you’re not really bothered about the rest and if you don’t donate why are you bothered ?

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

I guess for me it’s if you donate it’s because you want to and you’re not really bothered about the rest and if you don’t donate why are you bothered ?

well, not really bothering with that, but people ask donation for all sort of things, and many are just another scam or "half scam", just trying to bring awareness before donate ask to have sure. will not hurt to ask.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Darksidedude said:

The world is getting destroyed with this Covid-19, i really dont give a toss about what this guy is saying about caged animals.

It's not getting destroyed.

Just a bit of "thinning out", and not even very much at that.

It'll be here for billions of years yet:

"The current Holocene extinction is being caused by technology and the effects may last for up to five million years. In turn, technology may result in the extinction of humanity, leaving the planet to gradually return to a slower evolutionary pace resulting solely from long-term natural processes."

"The most probable fate of the planet is absorption by the Sun in about 7.5 billion years"

Future of Earth - Wikipedia

On 7/15/2020 at 1:24 PM, Orton Rd said:

I wonder if he eats animals? a surprising number of these so called animal lovers scoff down dead ones on a regular basis ????

Being considerate of animal welfare does not mean you have to be a vegan. Not sure where your twisted logic comes from. I eat meat, does not mean I don't care about the life quality of animals. 

18 hours ago, Darksidedude said:

The world is getting destroyed with this Covid-19, i really dont give a toss about what this guy is saying about caged animals.

The world is hardly getting destroyed by Covid-19. Disrupted at best. In some aspects you could argue some of these 'changes' aren't too bad too. Less aviation for example. 

When i'm back in TH i'm defeniatly gonna try to visit his animal sanctuary. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

20 bt he could list that on Airbnb and some backpacker would rent it....lots of fresh air and sunshine!!!

Yah like the best experience ever!!!!  Totally recommend it!!!!  

I pooped in a bucket - so rustic!!!!

• Haha 1

Unfortunately, this is an on going problem in not only Thailand but Asia as a whole, on Various other times Thai authorities indicate they're doing something , and generally they are , then they all go to sleep until someone like  Mr Wiek comes along 

22 hours ago, Blumpie said:

Yah like the best experience ever!!!!  Totally recommend it!!!!  

I pooped in a bucket - so rustic!!!!

Got people over here renting out back yards and empty sheds to live in....and ppl are paying alot to rent them

I recall a rusted giant grain tin out in the woods, someone rented it to idiot millennials....a fool n his money....