Jump to content
BANGKOK

Recommended Posts

Does the 400,000 seasoned for two months prior to applying for an extension based on marriage need to be from abroad or can it be a local transfer? Does it matter? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and another question if I may ask, can it be my savings account which I use to withdraw money from? (as long as it never dips below 400k)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no requirement that the 400k baht has to came from abroad.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, stoicccc said:

and another question if I may ask, can it be my savings account which I use to withdraw money from? (as long as it never dips below 400k)

Yes

But you need to be very careful that it never drops below 400k baht during for 2 months before you apply.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no requirement that the 400k baht has to came from abroad.

Thanks. So they just look to see the number 400,000 (or above) for previous 60 days and that the account has not fallen below that amount? Then the bank will write a letter to confirm and then you update bank book day of application? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could someone please detail specifically what bank information needs to be provided?  I've read that there needs to be a letter written by the bank on the day of the application and also the passbook needs to be updated on the day of the application.  Is this true?  Is anything else needed?  What is the letter referred to as?  If possible, the name in Thai would be most helpful.

Thank you.  Wish me luck, I'm applying tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, homemade514 said:

Thanks. So they just look to see the number 400,000 (or above) for previous 60 days and that the account has not fallen below that amount? Then the bank will write a letter to confirm and then you update bank book day of application? 

It is 2 months not 60 days it has to be in the bank.

Correct for the bank letter bank book update to show it has been in the bank for 2 months.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, up-country_sinclair said:

Could someone please detail specifically what bank information needs to be provided?  I've read that there needs to be a letter written by the bank on the day of the application and also the passbook needs to be updated on the day of the application.  Is this true?  Is anything else needed?  What is the letter referred to as?  If possible, the name in Thai would be most helpful.

Not all offices want the letter done on the day you apply. Many will accept one done the day before. The bank book needs to be updated on the day you apply to prove the 400k baht has been in the bank for 2 months.

Sample letter from the bank. bank letter.pdf

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no requirement that the 400k baht has to came from abroad.

Not doubting you at all, UJ, but there was a lot of talk in TV about (in particular) Transferwise transactions and the need to ensure they get shown as foreign transfers. Does that stipulation not apply for marriage visas after all? I could have just borrowed 400K from a friend? [asking cos I'm doing the same process next week]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In phuket they require 3 things:

1. Updated bank book

2. Letter from bank you got 400k+ on a certain date (max 7 days old at application)

3. Printouts of all transfers for the past 2 months (so they can see you didnt dip below 400k, your bank book doesnt show that if you update it only once a year)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, up-country_sinclair said:

Could someone please detail specifically what bank information needs to be provided?  I've read that there needs to be a letter written by the bank on the day of the application and also the passbook needs to be updated on the day of the application.  Is this true?  Is anything else needed?  What is the letter referred to as?  If possible, the name in Thai would be most helpful.

Thank you.  Wish me luck, I'm applying tomorrow.

The Bangkok Bank has a form they fill out for you.  This is a photo of what the IO wrote when I asked her what I needed.. the writing is hers.. Yes passbook updated on the day with the certificate...and she asked for a bank statement..  

1-P1280843.JPG

Edited by Laza 45
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, up-country_sinclair said:

Could someone please detail specifically what bank information needs to be provided?  I've read that there needs to be a letter written by the bank on the day of the application and also the passbook needs to be updated on the day of the application.  Is this true?  Is anything else needed?  What is the letter referred to as?  If possible, the name in Thai would be most helpful.

Thank you.  Wish me luck, I'm applying tomorrow.

This following info is regarding retirement so may not apply to you. At CW when I do my extensions they always want to see "activity" on day of application. Easy at CW because most banks have branches there.

I obtain letter and deposit 100 baht into the account.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Laza 45 said:

The Bangkok Bank has a form they fill out for you.  This is a photo of what the IO wrote when I asked her what I needed.. the writing is hers.. Yes passbook updated on the day with the certificate...and she asked for a bank statement..  

1-P1280843.JPG

No bank statement is needed when you use the money in the bank method. Just the bank letter + the updated bank book and copies of the last 2 months as proof of having the 400k. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

No bank statement is needed when you use the money in the bank method. Just the bank letter + the updated bank book and copies of the last 2 months as proof of having the 400k. 

Not at all offices. Some are wanting a bank statement with the bank book now.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...