400,000 marriage ext. question

13 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

2 months is was what I was told this past March.  They didn't mention the month after "under consideration" - which can be 2 months, if they are "still considering" after the 1st month (rarely reported - but can happen).  So, you have your money for 8 or 9 months - though God forbid you need it for an emergency in the other months. 

The 3rd (+) month you are forced to leave the money untouched is against the rules, anyway.  Too bad there is no one holding anyone accountable, as it is clearly a way to push more to agents, which skips money seasoning entirely.  The official enforcing this should be doing five years in the slammer for each person who had to show their bankbook to get their final-stamp, with the underlings who "went along to get along" also doing serious time.

In any case, it is sick that you have to "prove money" to stay with your family in the first place, and that this only gets you a 1-year extension and the same rigamorole or worse every year thereafter.  Jumping hoops One Time, when you first get married, should be sufficient.

That's why, despite having a house here we wanted to get back to Europe (Latvia) first and then back to the UK when I had a new contract (now I don't...).

Now I have only one option - to leave alone leaving family behind.

I do not have my "wonderful" country embassy in the Kingdom.

So, one son with two passports: Latvian and Thai, needs to obtain an emergency travel document from a Latvian Embassy, which does not exist in Thailand. Managed to get that paper, but it has expired by now and it is impossible to get a new one.

Embassy of Hungary, which takes cares of "latvian idiots" cannot simply do a Schengen visa for him due to dual citizenship.

Second son had been born in Bangkok, have got only Thai passport. He got a Schengen visa from Hungarian Embassy which... has expired now, and at the moment they are not making any new visas.

My wife's UK residence permit has also expired.

So now NONE of my family can leave the country and at the same time Thai government will be forcing me out. It would be ok if not that crazy requirements to get back. I cannot get negative Covid-19 paper three days before my flight back because it takes 5-7 days to get the results back and there are no flights back. And I cannot get Covid-19 special insurance because one does not exist yet.

So, basically, Thai government will separate me from my family, send me back to EU via 1-2-3 stop-overs and a risk of getting that Covid-19 <deleted> during my time at the airports and during the flights and tell "it's normal".

10 hours ago, Chaaang said:

Second son had been born in Bangkok, have got only Thai passport. He got a Schengen visa from Hungarian Embassy which... has expired now, and at the moment they are not making any new visas.

Ironically, if you divorced your wife, you don't need ANY money-seasoning time at CW Bangkok:

... though there is some debate there - could try it as "a parent" to try to avoid the seasoning.

Have you used your 60-day "visit Thai family" extension yet?  If not, you can still do this, and then use it to bridge to a 1-year extension - or at least buy some time.  If you cannot do the 2 mo seasoning during the 60-days, best to just wait and see on what is announced.  I am guessing next week on the announcement, as CM is opening another office to handle overload on July 23.

---------------

11 hours ago, Chaaang said:

Had a picture of a new born with mother and me sitting on a sofa. Wow-wow-wow, new born's toe was visible, 4 months old. IO told me it's unacceptable, a senior IO will be offended. That boy might be paying his pension and he's feeling so offended about a naked toe.

This is a deeply embedded cultural issue with feet in this part of the world - best to just accept it.  My theory is, this is rooted in feet bringing parasites into the home (no flush-toilets / septic-systems in the old days, so ...) which was deadly before antibiotics.  Such rules and customs developed before anyone understood biology (pork in some cultures and trichinosis, being another example).

11 hours ago, Chaaang said:

In the last year I've got 5 new neighbors: 3 families from Pakistan and 2 from India. How are they better than me?

They will work for less money - do anything to avoid going back to the conditions their people made in their home country.  This is why there is a special visa-system for Burmese, Laotians and Cambodians - forcing Thais to go overseas for work. 

In my passport-country, people from very poor nations are considered "cost effective" for the business - can get 100 hrs/week for 1/2 a citizen's salary at 40 hrs/wk.  Of course, that leads to the conditions they fled spreading.  People who expect a decent standard-of-living, and plan for retirement, are a PITA for businesses looking to maximize quarterly profit-reports, so we are being replaced.

Edited by JackThompson

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not at all offices. Some are wanting a bank statement with the bank book now.

I got a statement as well, it doesn't hurt to have one just get it with the letter, and copy of bank book pages for the last 2 months if not on the same page.

Att'n Mr. Jack Thompson – Many grateful thanks for your detailed reply to my post of

yesterday on ThaiVisa regarding the change in my personal circumstances as a single

falang to that of a falang who is married to a Thai lady – first anniversary next month.