Jump to content
BANGKOK
koratkarlos

Witnesses, one year marriage extension

Recommended Posts

Hello Forum.  Tomorrow is the day I apply for the one year extension based on marriage.  I would like to thank everyone for their useful advice.

 

For the witnesses, I believe you need to have their Thai ID and copy of Tabien Baan.  Do you present this information when the police come for the inspection or with the initial application?  I am applying at Korat Immigration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Normally the witnesses with their house book and  ID card is only needed when when they do a home visit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I can tell, home visits are not routine.  I maintained a non-imm O for marriage for about 8 years without a home visit.  Only when I applied to switch to a retirement visa did they decide to make a visit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Normally the witnesses with their house book and  ID card is only needed when when they do a home visit.

KK Imm insisted on having the 2 witnesses at the Imm office when I applied for my extension.

 

There was no home visit. Just the required photos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did my marriage extension in Pattaya a month ago. The witness was called in person at the time of the home visit. His ID and house blue book were asked for. The witness could be any Thai national it seems.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had the home visit from Jomtien IO last week, 2 days after I applied. They called at 11 am to state that they would be at my condo at 1 pm. And of course they didn't show until 1:45 pm--but I guess I'm lucky I didn't have to wait longer. I had the building manager as my witness. The IO wanted their Thai ID and house book. Then they took photos with a phone of all three of us (myself, wife, witness) in front of the condo building, in front of the office which had the address affixed to the top of the entry door, and in front of our mailbox which was in a group of mailboxes. I started to take the lift to our unit, but noticed that the IO was walking out of the parking area. The manager said that the IO stated we were done. Which was fine by me. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jeffrey346 said:

KK Imm insisted on having the 2 witnesses at the Imm office when I applied for my extension.

 

There was no home visit. Just the required photos.

Khon Kaen Immigration came to my house where we had our neighbours as witnesses, we live 73km from KK city.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vietem said:

I did my marriage extension in Pattaya a month ago. The witness was called in person at the time of the home visit. His ID and house blue book were asked for. The witness could be any Thai national it seems.

 

Hoe long after marriage extension did they visit you ?

do you live far from immigration office ?

thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, cmarshall said:

As far as I can tell, home visits are not routine.  I maintained a non-imm O for marriage for about 8 years without a home visit.  Only when I applied to switch to a retirement visa did they decide to make a visit.

Home visits are more routine than an exception when applying for an extension based on marriage. Home visits when applying for an extension based on retirement are very rare. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, scoupeo said:

 

Hoe long after marriage extension did they visit you ?

do you live far from immigration office ?

thank you.

If he did his extension at Jomtien Immigration, he can't stay far away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Been applying at Khon Kaen Immigration for years and have never had to provide a witness and they have never visited my house.

They did once a few years ago require us to provide copies of ID cards and Tabbien Baans of two Thai friends.

Edited by Malawi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems marriage extensions are getting easier, about 25 minutes to complete everything. The last one was my second marriage Visa and there was no house visit or anything like that. And the best part was that I didn't have to go a second time to pick up the finished Visa. My friend picked it up with no problem in two or three minute. The best part is that you don't have to keep any money in the bank after it is issued. This is why I changed from a marriage extension to a retirement one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Normally the witnesses with their house book and  ID card is only needed when when they do a home visit.

In region 4 you are required to bring your witness/witnesses with you when your apply, you may need 1 or 2 when you apply.

 

You will also need a witness when they do the home visit.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I converted from a Retirement to Marriage extension last year at Korat Imm.  I needed 2 witnesses who lived "near me" to attend the application process. They needed ID and House Books.  The IO took copies of all and pictures of them with me and the wife.  I never received a home visit.  I renewed 3 months ago, did not need witnesses and again never received a home visit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

In region 4 you are required to bring your witness/witnesses with you when your apply, you may need 1 or 2 when you apply.

You will also need a witness when they do the home visit.

Not all office here in Issan under Division 4 require the witnesses unless they want them instead of doing a home visit.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...