Three suspected Covid-19 cases in Nakhon Ratchasima

snoop1130

could it be the same way as it happen when they had that cluster at Lumphini park.... ohhh boy!!! if that's the case, all the hard work down the pipes

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, smedly said:

who infected who

I'm starting to wonder

this whole Egyptian thing is starting to look more and more like a yarn

there is no CV19 in Thailand - we don't test anyone but we are 100% sure

I call this whole thing B S

Could be blame the foreigners again and stop any them coming in without 14 day quarantine first.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mavideol said:

could it be the same way as it happen when they had that cluster at Lumphini park.... ohhh boy!!! if that's the case, all the hard work down the pipes

Thanks  goodness for the Thai military  machine,  just  like everything else Thai we  can fik it, again and  again and  again  and  again.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

In a brief press conference on Wednesday (July 15), Nakhon Ratchasima governor Wichian Chantharothai announced that three people, who had visited Rayong province between July 8 and 11, are showing symptoms of Covid-19 infection.

Oh dear there goes Thailand boast of 40+ days of no domestic infections outside of quarantine...
Thailands record has been blown out of the water because of the military blunder again for the chosen few!

In a previous story the PM told the press to not spread alarm.  He should also tell others the same.  Here are 3 people who are showing some of the symptoms.  Were they around the area where the Egyptian was?  What are the facts?  Are they being tested?  Many people get sick without having COVID.  It is good that they are quarantined but why cause all this alarm without any proof other than being in Rayong.

• Like 1

The original post makes no sense. So the 3 have COVID like symptoms. They'll monitor them for 14 days. What about giving them COVID test instead? Too hard?

Everyone who traveled to Rayong or Bangkok should report themselves. What about millions of people who live there?

It's not like someone living in Wongsawang (as it's right next to Nonthaburi, so Bangkok's edge) going to get infected by a girl who went from Samut Prakan to Phrom Phong inside a private car early in the morning. So this entire Bangkok statement is nonsense.

Unless they are talking of unreported infections, based on China suspending flights from Bangkok due to 11 COVID positive arrivals last week...

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mavideol said:

But, but he was Asymptomatic....we keep hearing from other members here that Asymptomatic people are not contagious.  The wheels are now falling off of the bus completely....

• Sad 1

Nakhon Ratchasima clears three people suspected of carrying Covid-19

By The Nation

800_f9ff8c019f57ca4.jpg?v=1594876438

Three people who had gone to Rayong province on July 8-11when the Covid-19 positive Egyptian soldier had visited a mall, are not infected with Covid-19, the Nakhon Ratchasima provincial office said.

All three had shown symptoms, such as fever, coughing and sore throat. The Covid-19 swab test results, however, were negative. They are still required to be in quarantine for 14 days to ensure there was no risk to the people of the province.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30391413

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-16

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

if widespread testing takes place they will find it,chinese were allowed into the country come what may in massive nos.no matter what was said it continued the chinese actually stopped it from their end.the border is porous.burma laos camband malaysia.with no testing no infections are found its that simple,there was a resevoir of infection that didnt suddenly disappear.

• Like 1

I guess it's better to be overly cautious.  But they shouldn't really be reporting that people may have Covid-19 without knowing for sure.

It could have just as easily been a cold, flu, dengue or something else.  Rayong has had several Dengue cases.

Excellent reporting and handling of the situation.

Having been back in Australia six weeks, got to say I feel much less safe here than in Thailand.

The Thais have done a marvelous job, and I have every confidence they will continue to control Covid-19.

Those folk who question and jeer from the sidelines ought to get out more.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Donga said:

Having been back in Australia six weeks, got to say I feel much less safe here than in Thailand.

The Thais have done a marvelous job, and I have every confidence they will continue to control Covid-19.

What? That last statement sounds very authoritarian. Nobody should question anything? Where did you go to school Nakorn Nowhere high?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donga said:

What? That last statement sounds very authoritarian. Nobody should question anything? Where did you go to school Nakorn Nowhere high?

---------------------------------------
Who said nobody should question?

Suggesting folk who are so quick to criticise ought to see how other countries are handling things. As stated, I feel much safer when I was in Thailand than here in Australia, where my compatriots and media think they've done such a wonderful job. They're kidding themselves as they wander around obliviously in Winter and are now beginning to learn what it was like for the Europeans.

Countries have screwed up everywhere to varying degrees, except maybe Taiwan. And I think Thailand has handled better than most, and the action taken and reporting is a decent example of that.

But you wouldn't get that impression from many of the comments here. That's why I suggest they ought to get out more. Maybe they wouldn't be so cynical about the country they've chosen to live in.

Edited by Donga
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

The original post makes no sense. So the 3 have COVID like symptoms. They'll monitor them for 14 days. What about giving them COVID test instead? Too hard?

Everyone who traveled to Rayong or Bangkok should report themselves. What about millions of people who live there?

It's not like someone living in Wongsawang (as it's right next to Nonthaburi, so Bangkok's edge) going to get infected by a girl who went from Samut Prakan to Phrom Phong inside a private car early in the morning. So this entire Bangkok statement is nonsense.

Unless they are talking of unreported infections, based on China suspending flights from Bangkok due to 11 COVID positive arrivals last week...

If they're monitoring them closely in isolation for 14 days, there's really no point of testing, it's just an expense.

2 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

If they're monitoring them closely in isolation for 14 days, there's really no point of testing, it's just an expense.

Yet even they have tested someone in the State Quarantine near the end of the 14 days and found them to be Covid positive but Asymptomatic, so figure that one out and add it to the no point of testing theory

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yet even they have tested someone in the State Quarantine near the end of the 14 days and found them to be Covid positive but Asymptomatic, so figure that one out and add it to the no point of testing theory

The article states they've shown symptoms already, ( normally shown within 5-7 days )  therefore by the end of 14 day quarantine they'd have recovered ( normal cases ).

So figure that one out...

• Like 1